Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: 3000 South Paridise Road

Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:15 pm

A. C. van Kuijk wrote:I just listened to the rehearsal disc and cannot figure out what Elvis sais at the end. Did anybody understand what the King says?


Yes, he says "at ??? 10 o clock, I WILL have this show together.......somehow".

Re: 3000 South Paridise Road

Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:18 pm

Tony.. wrote:
A. C. van Kuijk wrote:I just listened to the rehearsal disc and cannot figure out what Elvis sais at the end. Did anybody understand what the King says?


Yes, he says "at ??? 10 o clock, I WILL have this show together.......somehow".


at 29 10 o clock i will have this show together... i dont understand why elvis says 29 for

Re: 3000 South Paridise Road

Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:29 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:
Tony.. wrote:
A. C. van Kuijk wrote:I just listened to the rehearsal disc and cannot figure out what Elvis sais at the end. Did anybody understand what the King says?


Yes, he says "at ??? 10 o clock, I WILL have this show together.......somehow".


at 29 10 o clock i will have this show together... i dont understand why elvis says 29 for


I think its his humor

Re: 3000 South Paridise Road

Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:09 pm

JEFF d wrote: http://itsonlyelvis.blogspot.nl/2012/11 ... -road.html

Thanks for the link, JEFF d, but it really didn't help much - Basically says, "EXCELLENT" (as many fans loosely express), and "throw away Blazing Into The Darkness" which I don't have anyway. I'm still wondering if there's enough different content over the titles I listed for me to purchase it.


frus75 wrote:Blue River, right now I don't want on my shelves anything I won't listen to. I mean, why do I want the first rehearsal cd released by ftd if I won't ever play it? I only want soundboards presenting neat performances with great sound... Well, all of this to tell you that At Full Blast and the show on 3000 FTD fits this category. I don't care for the others you mention, mainly for sound quality and so similar repertoire. I have picked At Full Blast (for me the best) and the show here on 3000 FTD.

Thank you.


Johnny2523 wrote:short review on the rehearsal...
... we must not forget that elvis was the one who arranged those '3 songs together'' to make American Trilogy...

Thanks for the rehearsal review, Johnny2523, however -

"An American Trilogy" is a song arranged by country songwriter Mickey Newbury and made popular by Elvis Presley. It is a medley of three 19th century songs—
"Dixie", a blackface minstrel song that became the unofficial anthem of the Confederacy since the Civil War;
"All My Trials", originally a Bahamian lullaby, but closely related to African American spirituals, and well-known through folk music revivalists;
"The Battle Hymn of the Republic", the marching song of the Union Army during the Civil War. - Wikipedia

Re: 3000 South Paridise Road

Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:51 am

Blue River wrote:

Thanks for the link, JEFF d, but it really didn't help much - Basically says, "EXCELLENT" (as many fans loosely express), and "throw away Blazing Into The Darkness" which I don't have anyway. I'm still wondering if there's enough different content over the titles I listed for me to purchase it.


That basicly was my point, it is EXCELLENT ... what more can you ask for?? Plus if you dont have "Blazing into the Darkness" this purchase is a no brainer. Its a very straightforward show with little joking around by Elvis with the songs sung very nicely and the sound on the soundboard is VERY good.

JEFF d
EP fan

Re: 3000 South Paridise Road

Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:35 am

I re-listened to the concert and I think it's really good. My favorite part of the rehearsal is when Elvis sings "and not the words, of one who kneels." great job on My Way.

Re: 3000 South Paridise Road

Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:16 am

JEFF d wrote:That basicly was my point, it is EXCELLENT ... what more can you ask for??

I'm asking is there really any difference in content and in Elvis' performance from SUMMER FESTIVAL, ELVIS AT FULL BLAST, and HOT AUGUST NIGHT ?

I might pass if it's basically the same as the three soundboards I listed above.

Re: 3000 South Paridise Road

Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:04 am

Blue River wrote:
JEFF d wrote:That basicly was my point, it is EXCELLENT ... what more can you ask for??

I'm asking is there really any difference in content and in Elvis' performance from SUMMER FESTIVAL, ELVIS AT FULL BLAST, and HOT AUGUST NIGHT ?

I might pass if it's basically the same as the three soundboards I listed above.


Eventually you will just download it. :smt002
It is a worthy close up, with great sound.

Re: 3000 South Paridise Road

Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:24 pm

Blue River wrote:
JEFF d wrote:That basicly was my point, it is EXCELLENT ... what more can you ask for??

I'm asking is there really any difference in content and in Elvis' performance from SUMMER FESTIVAL, ELVIS AT FULL BLAST, and HOT AUGUST NIGHT ?

I might pass if it's basically the same as the three soundboards I listed above.


To be fair, the answer has to be NO. Those shows are very similar. At Full Blast and 3000 have the edge, but you're already well served.

When I say that they have the edge I mean that at full blast is the clearest sounding and the song line up is amazing, a killer show. 3000 FTD has also VERY GOOD sound, maybe from a technical point of view better than at full blast, and it has a great bonus (the rehearsal). I can't stand the other august titles, as the sound is no good for me, even the usually high rated hot august night.

The same happens for me regarding august 74. I pick opening night for the rare line up of songs and the venus show because the sound is SUPERB and the show is good. And the other shows, while good or bad, I can't stand how they sound.

If I were you I would sell the others, keep at full blast, and with that money I'd buy 3000.

Re: 3000 South Paridise Road

Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:43 pm

Blue River wrote:I might pass if it's basically the same as the three soundboards I listed above.

The sound is too good to pass up. This needs to be in your collection. Once you get it and hear it, you will agree.

Have I ever lied to you?

Re: 3000 South Paridise Road

Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:26 am

To add to Rob's comments - and see it! It's a great looking package. Well laid out, beautiful photos and detailed info. You need this in your collection.

Re: 3000 South Paridise Road

Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:34 am

Agreed Paul. The artistic design is apaling and catchy. I like the entire package on this FTD.

rlj

Re: 3000 South Paridise Road

Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:13 am

elvisjock wrote:Not sure what you mean when you say Elvis arranged An American Trilogy.

He took Mickey Newbury's original arrangement and added the big ending.


The arrangement was more likely a collaboration between Glen Hardin and Joe Guercio.

Re: 3000 South Paridise Road

Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:00 am

thermoking wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:
Tony.. wrote:
A. C. van Kuijk wrote:I just listened to the rehearsal disc and cannot figure out what Elvis sais at the end. Did anybody understand what the King says?


Yes, he says "at ??? 10 o clock, I WILL have this show together.......somehow".


at 29 10 o clock i will have this show together... i dont understand why elvis says 29 for


I think its his humor


It is not humorous.

He actually says, "Be-tween nine and ten o'clock, I will have this show together.."

Re: 3000 South Paridise Road

Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:35 am

rlj4ep wrote:Agreed Paul. The artistic design is apaling and catchy. I like the entire package on this FTD.

rlj


You mean appealing ;-)

Re: 3000 South Paridise Road

Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:38 am

listened again to the Rehearsal and it's Great!~ so many highlights....a full blooded YOUV'E LOST THAT LOVING FEELING' being a key example. very acceptable sound listening on a stereo system!~ :D

Re: 3000 South Paridise Road

Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:29 am

ekenee wrote:
thermoking wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:
Tony.. wrote:
A. C. van Kuijk wrote:I just listened to the rehearsal disc and cannot figure out what Elvis sais at the end. Did anybody understand what the King says?


Yes, he says "at ??? 10 o clock, I WILL have this show together.......somehow".


at 29 10 o clock i will have this show together... i dont understand why elvis says 29 for


I think its his humor


It is not humorous.

He actually says, "Be-tween nine and ten o'clock, I will have this show together.."


Now you said it, i hear it, Be-tween nine and ten o'clock, I will have this show together.... somehow

Re: 3000 South Paridise Road

Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:10 am

thermoking wrote: Eventually you will just download it. :smt002

I'm 'old school'. I've never downloaded anything... don't even know how. smt179
thermoking wrote:It is a worthy close up, with great sound.

frus75 wrote:3000 FTD has also VERY GOOD sound, maybe from a technical point of view better than at full blast, and it has a great bonus (the rehearsal)...
I'd buy 3000.

Rob wrote:The sound is too good to pass up. This needs to be in your collection. Once you get it and hear it, you will agree.
Have I ever lied to you?

Not that I'm aware of. :lol:
paulsweeney wrote:To add to Rob's comments - and see it! It's a great looking package. Well laid out, beautiful photos and detailed info. You need this in your collection.

rlj4ep wrote:I like the entire package on this FTD.

Thanks, everybody, for the replies!
I decided to treat myself to this one at Graceland today. I'm gettin' ready to open it now!

Later - Blue River

Re: 3000 South Paridise Road

Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:36 am

Let us know how u like it Blue River! frankly I will be shocked if you dont like it...... btw how did you enjoy the festivities today at Graceland??

JEFF d
EP fan

Re: 3000 South Paridise Road

Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:47 am

Enjoy your stay Blue River. I know you have to be having a great time!!

rlj

Re: 3000 South Paridise Road

Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:27 pm

Thanks. Please see "Cake for Elvis' 78th Birthday!" thread.

Re: 3000 South Paridise Road

Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:32 pm

paulsweeney wrote:
rlj4ep wrote:Agreed Paul. The artistic design is apaling and catchy. I like the entire package on this FTD.

rlj


You mean appealing ;-)

Paul, that comment was appalling... :P

Re: 3000 South Paridise Road

Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:35 pm

Finally mine arrived today, so I rushed through the rehearsals. Great to hear this and sound quality was better than I expected. We are lucky we still get to hear stuff like this...

Re: 3000 South Paridise Road

Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:50 am

.
Last edited by Blue River on Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: 3000 South Paridise Road

Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:50 am

Blue River wrote:Thanks. Please see "Cake for Elvis' 78th Birthday!" thread.


YES... but how do you like your FTD "300 South Paradise Rd"??

JEFF d
EP fan