Post here your Elvis' pictures

1956 live photo, date please

Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:31 pm

I have this photo from Rex Martin's forum (Elvis Moments in time) , it was colorised but i do it black and white again. Anybody knows the date, please?
It's strange, i've seen before those shoes and mic, but i can't find a match with what i have in my files.

I put here the colorised version, too - i prefer the original photos, but it's a matter of taste, i think.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: 1956 live photo, date please

Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:51 pm

I finally find a match, i think the photo is from June 25, 1956 - Sports Arena, Savannah, Georgia (see below photo - was in discussion on another topic some times ago)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:07 am

cool, it took me a while to see the stand right in front of me since he evidently switched to move to the side of the stage. The back of the auditorium looks familiar but I can't say I've seen that photo before

OK, Now I know where I saw it. Brian had this one he dates as being from Charlotte, June 26

Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:43 am

Great, thank you very much, Jim. This is the date, June 26, no doubt - and i was looking at the photo you post it many times tonight, but i didn't notice the bars and the dog...i can't see clear in my photo what shirt he was wearing, maibe that's why i cut June 26 from the list.
You have very good eyes :smt006

Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:01 pm

You guys solved this one nicely.
Charlotte, June 26, 1956 is the correct date for this one.
If I´m not totally mistaken one of the photographers seen in this photo has a number of photos but he won´t sell them to anybody outside of the USA due to copyright or something.
Too bad.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:15 pm

So the second one, that Cristi thought to be from Savannah, is that Charlotte too? The background, that's visible, looks similar bu the lights are throwing me a bit.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:39 pm

No James, that´s from Savannah just like Cristi wrote.
Different microphone.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:47 pm

bripet56 wrote:No James, that´s from Savannah just like Cristi wrote.
Different microphone.

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk

I thought so, but oddly it looks to be the same (kind) of mic (from what I can see of it) and stand in front of Scotty's amp in the Charlotte pic.

Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:49 am

JamesVRoy wrote:
Different microphone.

I thought so, but oddly it looks to be the same (kind) of mic (from what I can see of it) and stand in front of Scotty's amp in the Charlotte pic.

There is no giant Nipper behind D.J. in the Savannah image, which is another clue it's not Charlotte.

Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:09 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
JamesVRoy wrote:
Different microphone.

There is no giant Nipper behind D.J. in the Savannah image, which is another clue it's not Charlotte.

Yes, one of the reasons I thought it suspect initially and wanted clarification, but then scarce little is discernible behind them at all due to poor lighting and there are faint but unrecognizable highlights.

Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:43 am

No way that huge head would have been totally obscured! Woof!