Post here your Elvis' pictures

July/August 1969 - Pro-Shot film still?

Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:57 am

Found this rare colour image, apparently from opening night 1969.

It could well be just a substandard out of focus capture or print, but it's tantalizing all the same.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by elvisalisellers on Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: July 31, 1969 - Pro-Shot film still?

Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:02 am

elvisalisellers wrote:Found this rare colour image, apparently from opening night 1969.

It could well be just a substandard out of focus capture or print, but it's tantalizing all the same.

elvisalisellers i have also seen this image before and wonderd the same.

Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:06 am

I don´t think so. Elvis had a belt on opening night, didn´t he?

Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:29 am

The fool wrote:I don´t think so. Elvis had a belt on opening night, didn´t he?

Are there any verified shots available that show Larry Muhoberac on opening night?

Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:32 am

The fool wrote:I don´t think so. Elvis had a belt on opening night, didn´t he?

I am no expert fool on times or dates..but i thought he done the opening show follow by the press conference? which corresponds to what he is wearing in your photo?
maybe i iam well of track here...like i said i am no expert.

Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:33 am

He likely changed out of his sweaty clothes, prior to the press conference.

Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:40 am

elvisjock wrote:He likely changed out of his sweaty clothes, prior to the press conference.

Good point.

Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:07 pm

Yeah, he did wear a belt, with a black herringbone suit. The suit was in the style of a karate Gi. The jacket in this photo looks to long to be in the style of a karate Gi.

This photo appears in 'Fashion For A King' (FTD)
A couple of smaller b&w photos which appear to be the same suit are in Ken Sharp's 'Elvis - Vegas '69'. They could well be from the same night.

Nevertheless, it's a great photo.
Last edited by jon_burrows on Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:32 pm

Although in this picture it looks kind' blue. Elvis is wearing a black 2 piece suit and its from August 1969.

Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:29 pm

The Photo is from my collection and has been used in various projects since I let it "out" years ago. Books, CD Booklets etc. It is a snaphot and not from any film still. That much I can confirm.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:57 am

Tony King wrote:The Photo is from my collection and has been used in various projects since I let it "out" years ago. Books, CD Booklets etc. It is a snaphot and not from any film still. That much I can confirm.

do you know if it is opening night 69?

Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:51 am

Here Are Some Pics From Fashion For A King And I Believe this is Opening Night of '69
Enjoy
::rocks :smt007 :smt007 ::rocks

Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:54 pm

karlos wrote:Here Are Some Pics From Fashion For A King And I Believe this is Opening Night of '69
Enjoy
::rocks :smt007 :smt007 ::rocks

WOW, What a great shot !

Elvis looks like he was really rockin' ....

"punk rock lounge music" all the way !!!!

Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:25 pm

LuckyJackson2 wrote:
Tony King wrote:The Photo is from my collection and has been used in various projects since I let it "out" years ago. Books, CD Booklets etc. It is a snaphot and not from any film still. That much I can confirm.

It's not from the opening show. Wrong suit.

If you want shots from July 31st, search for Borsari's images - he attended the show as well as the press conference that followed.

690731_borsari.jpg

Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:26 am

onelove wrote:
LuckyJackson2 wrote:

It's not from the opening show. Wrong suit.

If you want shots from July 31st, search for Borsari's images - he attended the show as well as the press conference that followed.

690731_borsari.jpg

The late Peter Borsari was a terrific photographer. One wonders just how much Presley his archives contains.

From http://www.peterborsari.com/ -->

Peter Borsari_Information.JPG

Peter Borsari_Elvis.JPG

Peter Borsari_Elvis_Tom.JPG

Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:00 am

Thanks for sharing this one in big size :D

Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:29 am

Also, there may not be any pro-shot film from 7-31-1969.

But what about videotape? ;-)