Off Topic Messages

A Candle For John's Mother

Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:56 am

I have put this in the All Elvis section because I wanted everyone to have the chance to see it. If a moderator actually wants to move it, well, that's up to them.

As most of you know, the Doc lost his mother a couple of days ago. I am guessing that her funeral is this weekend. He has mentioned before that she was ill. Her peace has finally arrived. However, it is never easy losing your mother. Tonight I light this candle in honor of her and in honor of John. This is the time that people of this board put differences aside and band together to comfort those that are hurting. I know that many of us have already done that in the John Wilkinson thread, but this is a separate issue and they should be posted here.

Please post your wishes to John so that he can see it when he gets back. This is obviously going to be a rough weekend for John and his family.

I thank you all in advance.

Re: A Candle For John's Mother

Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:58 am

Onya Rob. Well said.

Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:12 am

Prayn For John And His Family -They Are In My Thoughts And Prayers Always -
-
Here Are My Candles Lit For Him Too -

My Condolences And Deepest Heartfelt Sympathies To John And His Family -
''Prayn For You John - ''
Take Care Buddy -

-Hugs

(((Dr.John Carpenter And Family )))

Ty Rob for addn the candle and startn this thread -John Should get all the best regards and prayers and thoughts from us all -His Elvis Family Of Friends - Hope all members take note and support Dr .John Carpenter -
Best Way Possible -
Thanks To All In Advance -
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by karlos on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:57 am, edited 4 times in total.

Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:14 am

My condolences to John and his Family .
And I wish him and his family all the best in these difficult times.

Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:32 am

My condolences to you and your family John.

Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:37 am

Hi Doc, so sorry to hear of your loss. I know you don't know me but my wife lost her dad a year and a half ago and one thing she mentioned at the time was how even the slightest word of comfort from friends and colleagues gave her a little bit of happiness in an otherwise dark time. So being your friend through Elvis and this board I'd like to wish you and those who matter to you the very best in the difficult days and weeks to come.

Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:42 am

So sorry, Doc. I lost my mother 15 years ago. I still have dreams with her in them ... always happy ones.

Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:51 am

Rob wrote:Image

I have put this in the All Elvis section because I wanted everyone to have the chance to see it. If a moderator actually wants to move it, well, that's up to them.

As most of you know, the Doc lost his mother a couple of days ago. I am guessing that her funeral is this weekend. He has mentioned before that she was ill. Her peace has finally arrived. However, it is never easy losing your mother. Tonight I light this candle in honor of her and in honor of John. This is the time that people of this board put differences aside and band together to comfort those that are hurting. I know that many of us have already done that in the John Wilkinson thread, but this is a separate issue and they should be posted here.

Please post your wishes to John so that he can see it when he gets back. This is obviously going to be a rough weekend for John and his family.

I thank you all in advance.
Thank you Rob as well. If it wasn't for this thread I would not have known the sad news. My prayers to Doc...

Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:52 am

Hope the Doc and his family are doing well...thoughts and prayers are with them.

Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:00 am

My condolences to John and his Family.
Sincerely
Douglas

Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:07 am

My condolences to the Doc and his family
I lost my father 3 years ago and i missed him everyday
So i wish him all the best and hope that all the good memories give him strength

Your Mom's your Mom....I'm sincerely sorry for your loss!

So sorry for your loss DJC. I know what you're going through. Look forward to seeing you back here soon.

Steve Lecher

Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:24 am

Losing a parent is a terrible thing. I wish the Doc and his family all the best.

Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:25 am

My condolences and hope you are fine. God bless you!

Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:29 am

It is never easy loosing a loved one, even if it is expected. All the best to John and the family.

Elvis' mom dug the gospel songs, here's one she no doubt saw:

phpBB [video]

Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:35 am

Thank you for taking the time to post this information, Rob. I wasn't aware she'd been sick. Warmest wishes to you doc and your family during this difficult time. Your family here at FECC has you in our thoughts and prayers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:51 am

My deepest condolences to Doc and his family.

Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:52 am

I haven't been on the forum much recently, and I wasn't aware of John's mother's declining health.
Please accept my deepest sympathy, Doc.
From the private conversations we have shared over the years, I know that your mother must have been very proud to call you her son.

I hope you take comfort in the love of your wonderful family during these terribly difficult times.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

I often take comfort when I play this incredible song.
Doc, hope to see you back here with your wonderful contributions once you've taken all the time you need.

phpBB [video]

Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:08 am

Very sorry to hear about your Mother John.

She is in a better place.

May God Bless your Mom and your Family.

Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:18 am

Doc I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your mother. The thoughts and prayers of myself and family are with you during this difficult time.

Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:23 am

So sorry to hear about your mother John, I lost my father the day after Christmas 4 years ago, and it's always hard because they were always with us from the very beginning, there's no one closer than our parents, and one day we will see them again in a better place.
I'm sure you mother was a very special and beautiful woman and is much happier and at peace now.
My Sincere thoughts and Prayers are with you,and your family,and May God Bless each of you.

I have move my original post over from the Re: John Wilkinson in Hospice Care thread
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=74294&start=25#p1118366
Last edited by promiseland on Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:27 am

My condolences Doc and thanks for all you do here on FECC. Thoughts and prayers are with you!!

Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:44 am

I didn't kbow about John' Mum, thanks for posting, Rob.

Sorry to hear this... My thoughts are with you and your family too, John.

Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:03 am

Doc~

My deepest sympathies to you John. I know how hard these last months must have been for you and your family. I lost my mother to cancer on January 8, 2001 (oh the irony of that date). And while you don't know me, I can tell you we are now connected by two great forces-our love for Elvis and the loss of our mothers. What does that mean? You'll Never Walk Alone.

May your memories help sustain you,

JosephC