Post here your Elvis' pictures

❀ELVIS in HAWAII ❀

Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:52 am

ImageELVIS IN HAWAII Image

Enjoying the celebrations of Aloha From Hawaii 40th Anniversary Celebration ...
And with the hitchhiking community Gláucia with some beautiful photos courtesy
I'll post here information and photos of Elvis and his connection to the beautiful Hawaii ..

The HAWAII CONSIDERS AS AN ELVIS PRESLEY "adopted son" THESE ...
WORDS WERE THE MAYOR OF HONOLULU, Mufi Hannemann IN 2007.

* ELVIS IN HAWAII immortalized SCENES OF THEIR MOVIES:

"BLUE HAWAII"
"PARADISE HAWAIIAN STYLE"
"GIRLS! GIRLS! GIRLS!" ...

"Elvis remains an idol and a hero to many of us."
- Said the mayor of Honolulu, Mufi Hannemann.
Many important things happened in the life of Elvis in hawaii:

* A HONEYMOON FROM ELVIS WAS IN HAWAII ... :roll:

* THE MONUMENT TO PEARL HARBOR WAS ELVIS WHO GAVE THE INITIAL STEP.

* THE LAST VACATION WERE IN HAWAII ... :cry:

* THE CREATION OF THE MOST IMPORTANT SHOW LIVE TRANSMITTED VIA SATELLITE:
WAS: ALOHA FROM HAWAII, HELD IN 1973
ImageImage

Re: ❀ELVIS in HAWAII ❀

Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:56 am

(((ELVIS AND FAMOUS Hawaiian NECKLACES)))
Image Image Image

The leis has many uses and meanings. Elvis sported in the movies and shows.
Here's a little history of these necklaces ....

MAILE is a flower traditionally offered to Laka, the goddess of dance, and this is one of the reasons for which
the dancers are adorned with this flower.
The necklaces are given to people arriving or departing from Hawaii with the meaning of love or friendship.
Flowers are used in worship and or special occasions such as graduations, weddings and anniversaries.

It is also traditional welcome tourists with leis at the airport soon.
The necklaces can be made from flowers, leaves, feathers, seeds, animal teeth ...
Elvis was gorgeous with her ​​neck adorned with these necklaces ...

Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:02 am

((( HANG LOOSE )))

According to historical facts Kumulipo sung in traditional, sacred song of Hawaii which has its beliefs and stories, King Tahito, also known as Moiheka,
traveled from Tahiti to Hawaii surfing all that met on his way, after going through several islands , found the best waves in a place called Mokaiwa on the island of Kauai.
He lived there for many years and eventually became the king of the island. According to legend he was wont to venture into high waves and places to greet the people
who watched on the beach, waving to the natives.
The curious thing is that this story had Moiheka only the thumb and the minimum in one hand and it was with this hand that he waved to the crowd.
From there everyone liked the gesture and began to imitate it as an honor.
Today this gesture is called Hang Loose and surfers from around the world have adopted the gesture of royalty as a way of fulfilling the tribe of surfing.
The little finger and forefinger raised with the two middle fingers folded signal is revered by fans of the Longhorns, University of Texas, but in parts of Africa's curse.
And for millions of Italians is Cornuto, which means "Your wife is being unfaithful."
In Hawaii, raise your thumb and minimum means "Stay calm" the famous hang-loose gesture that spread among surfers

http://seth7.multiply.com/journal/item/20/20

Elvis to please his audience Hawaiian graciously repeated the same gesture at the end of the show Aloha From Hawaii Via Satellite.

Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:10 am

Great Thread Dolly Presley -Lovn It -
::rocks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:14 am

Image Image

just friends for now ... hope you enjoyed ...
Thank you Karlos! Alohhha! ::rocks

Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:41 am

dolly Presley wrote:Image Image

just friends for now ... hope you enjoyed ...
Thank you Karlos! Alohhha! ::rocks

Yvw Dolly - ::rocks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:57 am

Great thread, Dolly ::rocks
So apt at this time with less than two weeks to go until the 40th anniversary. I'll always adore the Aloha shows. Thank you for creating this thread. I hope to see many contributions to the thread over the coming days/ weeks.

Regards,
Andy.

Some of my faves:

Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:52 am

Polk Salad Andy wrote:Great thread, Dolly ::rocks
So apt at this time with less than two weeks to go until the 40th anniversary. I'll always adore the Aloha shows. Thank you for creating this thread. I hope to see many contributions to the thread over the coming days/ weeks.

Regards,
Andy.

Some of my faves:

AMEN Andy - I Love ya pics you have kindly shared here on this thread - heres some of my faves too for you and all to enjoy
................................................................................................

Some Facts About Aloha Show

1.Over 5,500 people attended the show.

2. While Elvis was performing "Suspicious Minds," he sings "I hope this suit don't tear up, baby," instead of the actual line, "Because I love you too much, baby." This is probably because it was around this time Elvis started to gain weight and his suit was most likely tight on him.

3.The double LP soundtrack album of Aloha from Hawaii was Elvis' last album to ever reach #1 on the charts.

4.The famous actor, Jack Lord, attended the concert, and Elvis introduced him to the crowd.

5.It cost approximately $25 million on preparations to make Elvis: Aloha From Hawaii possible.

.........................................................................................................................

Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:07 am

For all Aloha fanatics:

Aloha 10.jpg

Aloha 13.jpg

Aloha 15.jpg

Aloha 19.jpg

Aloha 21.jpg

Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:56 am

Polk Salad Andy wrote:For all Aloha fanatics:

Aloha 10.jpg

Aloha 13.jpg

Aloha 15.jpg

Aloha 19.jpg

Aloha 21.jpg

Fab Pics Ty Andy - Love them - Ty so Much Buddy - Heres Few More for you and all to Enjoy ::rocks

Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:31 am

karlos wrote:Fab Pics Ty Andy - Love them - Ty so Much Buddy - Heres Few More for you and all to Enjoy ::rocks

Thanks dude, and thanks for ones you just posted. The last one is a fantastic pic. I found the brightness too high so I've adjusted it for you;

aloha_32.jpg

Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:44 am

Polk Salad Andy wrote:
karlos wrote:Fab Pics Ty Andy - Love them - Ty so Much Buddy - Heres Few More for you and all to Enjoy ::rocks

Thanks dude, and thanks for ones you just posted. The last one is a fantastic pic. I found the brightness too high so I've adjusted it for you;

aloha_32.jpg

Ty Andy - Lovn It - Ty So Much - Heres Few More For You And All To Enjoy

Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:31 am

Thanks for the input friends Karlos and Polk Salad....
Loved the pictures and information. :wink:
Aloha is all good!!
Some more:

Hilton Hawaiian Village
Locations - Now & Then
Image ImageImage
Image Image Image

Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:34 am

Honolulu International Center ( now Neal Blaisdell center)

Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:35 am

Today:

Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:36 am

Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:37 am

Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:41 am

Yvw Dolly - Here Are Some More Pictures For You , Polk Salad Andy And All To Enjoy :smt007 :smt007 ::rocks
Last edited by karlos on Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:42 am

Other photos of the hotel where Elvis was staying ....Hawaiian Village..

Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:45 am

Thank you my friend Karlos... :wink:

It was in this building that happened the press conference ...
ImageImage

Image Image
Last edited by dolly Presley on Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:48 am

dolly Presley wrote:Other photos of the hotel where Elvis was staying ....Hawaiian Village..

Brilliant Pics Dolly
That You Added - Heres A Pic of H.I.C Auditorium In Hawaii
Enjoy Y'all

Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:55 am

dolly Presley wrote:Thank you my friend Karlos... :wink:

It was in this building that happened the press conference ...

[b]Yvw Dolly My Friend - Here are some more Pics -Enjoy Y'all - ::rocks :smt004 :smt007 ::rocks

Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:59 am

Excellent image Karlos. Thank guy... :wink:

Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:01 am

dolly Presley wrote:Excellent image Karlos. Thank guy... :wink:

Yvw Dolly - Addn more here soon with info etc - Enjoy y'all ::rocks

Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:11 am

Problems uploading... Ignore
Last edited by Polk Salad Andy on Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.