Worst

1. Something for Everybody
2. Pot Luck with Elvis
3. Elvis for Everyone

Best

1. Elvis Is Back!
2. Elvis Country
3. From Elvis In Memphis

(I've only taken lifetime albums into consideration. After 1977 Joan Deary had a talent to come up with the most grotesk titles, like Sings for childern... Pure horror).

Re: worst and best albums titles ?

Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:41 pm

fg76 wrote:
midnightx wrote:
rickeap wrote:The worst and most misleading subtitle was the `recorded live' on EP Blvd.

But the album was so damn good that it really doesn't matter.

It actually is one of my favorites just for the ending of Hurt.

I think no-one over here is really that surprised. :wink:

Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:22 pm

I found the old bootlegs to have the best album titles:

Cajun Tornado
Let Me Take You Home
The Brightest Star On Sunset Blvd
A Hot Winter Night In Dallas
Guaranteed To Blow Your Mind
Desert Storm
Howdy Houston
Burning In Birmingham
Finding The Way Home etc.

Aside from the performances, some of those titles alone attracted me to the world of Elvis bootlegs back then.

Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:50 am

We are talking here about. The albums in his lifetime because alot of folk will not know the bootlegs. some of the titles I have seen on remixed albums are just pure sh@t. Anyway the best I think is the on stage 1970 album , no name just black a white, awesome ! Now apart from that the worst album title in my opinion was raised on rock because it led folk in a direction that was false and though I love the album cover as a fan it was pretty poor!
Mark
Ps
Apart from The song "I miss you' which was played at my sisters funeral? I never play the album.
But that song is very sincere.

Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:39 pm

I'm with good time Charlie , that's the way it is was a great title.

Walk a mile in my shoes , elvis is back and prince from another planet were very appropriate.

Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:02 pm

For me the 2 Best titles for LPs are :

50,000,000 Elvis fans cant be wrong
Elvis Is Back !

the worst :
Hmmm cant think of original ( 1956-1977) LP title...besides the "Recorded live.." on FEPBMT and also the picture cover is not one of the best especially for the "Mood" of the Album material...elvis smiles and looks like rockin while this album is very moody and sad...("Hurt", "Never again", "Danny boy", "Love comung down", "ill never fall in love gain".."Bitter they are, harder they fall" and on and on)

Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:16 pm

california boy wrote:For me the 2 Best titles for LPs are :

50,000,000 Elvis fans cant be wrong
Elvis Is Back !

the worst :
Hmmm cant think of original ( 1956-1977) LP title...besides the "Recorded live.." on FEPBMT and also the picture cover is not one of the best especially for the "Mood" of the Album material...elvis smiles and looks like rockin while this album is very moody and sad...("Hurt", "Never again", "Danny boy", "Love comung down", "ill never fall in love gain".."Bitter they are, harder they fall" and on and on)

"So high" (the title lazily given to an FTD CD featuring out-takes from Elvis' 1966 & 67 sessions including the song "So High"!) Makes it sound like EP was out of it on drugs on this release!

Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:38 pm

In defence of some of the earlier boot CD's, whilst I would agree that naming an album after a song title is unimaginative, back in the days before FTD, to call an album "Just Pretend" drew attention to the fact the that disc contained a rare live performance, which was surely a reason to buy the disc for many of us. So yes, unimaginative, but the title did it's job.

"Candy Bars For Elvis" and "G.I. Hope You Like My New Album" were poor boot titles. As far as official releases are concerned, I agree that "Pot Luck" and "Something For Everybody" were poor titles. In fact "Pot Luck" might have been a better title for "Elvis For Everyone", given that the album consisted of left overs from the past 10 years, and "Pot Luck" was a coherent studio collection.

"Elvis Now" would have been a good title for a live album, but didn't work for a studio collection recorded over a three year period.

Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:29 pm

"Pot Luck With Elvis" :facep:

Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:16 am

Delboy wrote:Worst: Anything starting with 'Elvis sings'...
The last thing you'd expect when picking up an LP in the Elvis section with Elvis on the cover is Elvis singing.

smt174

Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:25 am

Col. Parker is the one that picks the cover for the albums and the Titles. Sometimes I see Some Japan releases that has way better cover pics. and Titles.

Right? :|

Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:10 am

Tony.. wrote:Anything that just has a song title as a title, which means laziness and no imagination, such as;

"Big boss man", "Unchained melody", "Fame and fortune", "You don't have to say you love me", "Just pretend", "Faded love", "Suspicious minds", "Early morning rain" etc etc.
And the dreaded "Elvis"!!!

Excellent post. Any idea who came up with the titles to those?

Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:15 am

Perhaps one of the oddest titles over the years actually belongs to Fort Baxter with their "Profile" boxed sets. Nice though they are, to call the combination of the four concerts in each a "profile" of the singer borders on lunacy. Perhaps if they captured Elvis from 1969 through to 1977 it would make sense. But considering the earliest one in either box is 1973 just renders the title ridiculous, unless the intention was a profile of a singer in decline.

Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:30 am

BEST ; Elvis is back!
That's the way it is
50,000,0000 Elvis fans can't be wrong, Elvis' Gold Records vol.2
WORST : Elvis for Everyone! ( Horrible cover art. back cover art was good)
Elvis Now
Elvis Today
Elvis Good Times (Not very!)