Post here your Elvis' pictures

Sept. 9, 1957

Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:05 pm

I just found these photos at Ebay, the seller says they´re from January 9, 1957 but Elvis wears the large necklace he got in April.

He used this again in September and I have earlier dated the photos to Los Angeles when Elvis was in town for recording sessions in September.

On the back of one of the photos you can see a date that could very well look like 1-9-57 but I believe it should read 9-9-57 and thus mean they were taken when Elvis was about to leave for the trainstation and his ride home to Memphis.
Unfortunately you can´t read everything that was written on the back but in part it says "Diane took all the pictures"

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Sept. 9, 1957

Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:16 pm

I have these photos (and others) on my folder from September 2, 1957, Portland, Oregon.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:51 pm

I believe Brian is correct and they are possibly the 9th, at least not from Portland
The fourth (ebay) picture is evidently mirrored

Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:23 am

Well, Jim, i didn't say these are from Portland, i said i have these photos in my Porland folder. In Portland his jacket was different (below photo), and in the car photo i think the girl is Anita Wood - i remember we talk about this photo here on FECC some time ago.
Yes, these photos can be from September 9, 1957, and, after i saw the back photo from Brian's photo, i really think these are from 9-9-57.

Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:20 pm

hilton22000 wrote:Well, Jim, i didn't say these are from Portland, i said i have these photos in my Porland folder. In Portland his jacket was different (below photo), and in the car photo i think the girl is Anita Wood - i remember we talk about this photo here on FECC some time ago.
Yes, these photos can be from September 9, 1957, and, after i saw the back photo from Brian's photo, i really think these are from 9-9-57.

I expressed my belief in Brian's suspician as September 9 and responded as such to what you did write regarding what folder you had them in. You may not have said they were from Portland but your post implied you believed they were as I read it.

Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:37 pm

Yes, it was my mistake, i should write more in my initial post, but - to be honest - i wasn't sure anymore about the date. :wink:
Before Brian post the back photo i really believe these photos are from Portland - hat, white jacket, black shirt, medalion - but now i allready do the updates in my files.