Here you can discuss other musicians and CD reissues etc

Final show of Monkees 2012 tour in New York City 12/1/12

Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:44 am

Was lucky enough to get a really good seat at the show without breaking the bank.

Mike Nesmith sounded fabulous, great energy from both Micky and Peter. For a 70 year old that dealt with a bout of cancer Peter is exceptionally lively and funny on stage. Good for him! The set list brought out alot of great stuff that these guys have never done live and there were a few nice tributes to Davy. The only disappointment for me is that they sold out of tour programs by the time I got there, and I didn't get there late! Grrrr, I really wanted one of those. They did alot of songs from 'Head' too. Great show, great to see Nesmith play live.

Setlist
Last Train to Clarksville
Papa Gene's Blues
Your Auntie Grizelda
She
Sweet Young Thing
I'm a Believer
(I'm Not Your) Steppin' Stone
I Wanna Be Free (Davy on video)
You Told Me
Sunny Girlfriend
You Just May Be the One
Mary, Mary
The Girl I Knew Somewhere
For Pete's Sake
Early Morning Blues and Greens
Randy Scouse Git
Daily Nightly
Tapioca Tundra
Goin' Down
Porpoise Song (Theme From "Head")
Daddy's Song (Davy on video)
Can You Dig It?
As We Go Along
Circle Sky
Long Title: Do I Have to Do This All Over Again?
Daydream Believer (Vocals sung by audience)
What Am I Doing Hangin' 'Round?

Encore:
Listen to the Band
Pleasant Valley Sunday

Re: Final show of Monkees 2012 tour in New York City 12/1/12

Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:40 am

Great set list. Wish I could have been there. I have been a fan of the Monkees since they started.

Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:36 pm

Super set list, glad you enjoyed.

Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:46 pm

Have you heard any of the tracks from the new Micky Dolenz CD "Remember?" Its outstanding-and really the best work he's done aside from the Monkees.

Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:22 pm

The 30th anniversary shows I caught in England in 1996 featuring all four Monkees were the best live shows I have EVER seen!

Great to see Mike is doing shows with the guys again. He will always be my favourite Monkee.

Great set list - bet it was a joyous night! Must be really weird without Davy though. I can't imagine a Monkees show without him. :(

Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:40 am

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:The 30th anniversary shows I caught in England in 1996 featuring all four Monkees were the best live shows I have EVER seen!

Great to see Mike is doing shows with the guys again. He will always be my favourite Monkee.

Great set list - bet it was a joyous night! Must be really weird without Davy though. I can't imagine a Monkees show without him. :(

The more I glance over the setlist from that night, the more I think that it really was the ultimate Monkees show. They dug pretty deep in the repertoire. It seemed like they were out to please the hardcore Monkee fans instead of just doing a greatest hits show. With that said it sucks even more that Davy wasn't around to be involved. Really a shame. He just seemed like a nice guy, didn't he.