Post here your Elvis' pictures

Re: Elvis Receiving Gold Record Awards pics...

Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:42 pm

:D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:49 pm

:D

Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:08 am

Alternate:

Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:32 pm

8)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:27 am

When Elvis was in Paris for the second time (July 3-5 '59), the Teldec
(Telefunken / Decca) manufacturing facility discovered that the first pressing
had the wrong name on it (Presly).Not too long after Elvis returned to Ray
Barracks, Elvis was presented the golden record with the correct spelling.
So I assume there are 2 pressings of his golden record ? Rare!

note: a less cropped photo can be found in the book Elvis, Like any Other soldier

Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:57 pm

His hands and clothes make it look like he was just changing the oil or the tires of an army jeep! :D A great photo nevertheless.

rlj

Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:04 pm

rlj4ep wrote:His hands and clothes make it look like he was just changing the oil or the tires of an army jeep! :D A great photo nevertheless.

rlj

Well spotted

Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:21 pm

That picture with Lorentzen on the first page of this topic is mysterious. Seems like he grows into Elvis. There's no right shoulder. Is that a fake?

Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:30 pm

Enjoy These Y'all
TCE4Ever ::rocks
:smt006 :smt007

Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:42 pm

yellowstone wrote:That picture with Lorentzen on the first page of this topic is mysterious. Seems like he grows into Elvis.
There's no right shoulder.
Is that a fake?

It does look a tad odd !

I reckon the photographer asked them to 'bunch up' a bit & he's moved in with his right shoulder going behind Elvis' arm.

Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:56 am

Hello,

I believe there are some photos from 1956 of Elvis receiving some gold records and pictured in the photos alongside Elvis is disk jockey Lou Irwin and anther man besides Elvis. I don't recall off-hand who the third person was. Maybe someone can post one of these photos in this thread.

Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:56 pm

Enjoy these Y'all

::rocks

Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:24 pm

Enjoy these y'all-
Dedicated To ElvisGirl , Polk Salad Andy And All Members
Enjoy ::rocks
:smt007 8)

Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:57 am

karlos wrote:Enjoy these y'all-

None of these are Gold Record Award presentations.

The second photo with Jerry Schilling is from July 3, 1973 in Atlanta, and the first is from June 21, 1973, also in Atlanta:

730621_w Georgia Senator Leroy R Johnson.JPG
Elvis with w Georgia Senator Leroy R Johnson, Atlanta, June 21, 1973

The plaque reads:

PRESENTED TO
ELVIS PRESLEY

FOR HIS OUTSTANDING CONTRIBUTION
TO THE WORLD OF ENTERTAINMENT
BY
LEROY R. JOHNSON
STATE SENATOR
OF THE 13TH CONGRESSIONAL DISTRICT
OF GEORGIA

Senator Johnson had a very interesting career. His election to the state senate in 1963 made him the first African-American to be a part of the Georgia General Assembly since the end of the Reconstruction era.

http://www.georgiaencyclopedia.org/nge/Article.jsp?id=h-3619

When the photo with Presley was taken in June 1973, Johnson was a candidate in Atlanta's now-historic mayoral race that saw the election of the city's first black mayor. It's probably not a coincidence Leroy was presenting Elvis with this award -- he was very likely trying to attract some local voters to his candidacy.

Although Johnson was well-known, and had the endorsement of the Atlanta Constitution, he finished far behind vice-mayor Maynard Jackson and incumbent white mayor Sam Massell. The 35 year-old Jackson would win a runoff against Massell and become Atlanta's first African-American mayor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlanta_mayoral_election,_1973

That's a lot of very cool history for one photo!

Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:11 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:

The second photo with Jerry Schilling is from July 3, 1973 in Atlanta, and the first is from June 21, 1973, also in Atlanta:

The plaque reads:

PRESENTED TO
ELVIS PRESLEY

BY
LEROY R. JOHNSON
STATE SENATOR
OF GEORGIA

Senator Johnson had a very interesting career. His election to the state senate in 1963 made him the first African-American to be a part of the Georgia General Assembly since the end of the Reconstruction era.

When the photo with Presley was taken in June 1973, Johnson was a candidate in Atlanta's now-historic mayoral race that saw the election of the city's first black mayor. It's probably not a coincidence Leroy was presenting Elvis with this award -- he was very likely trying to attract some local voters to his candidacy.

Although Johnson was well-known, and had the endorsement of the Atlanta Constitution, he finished far behind vice-mayor Maynard Jackson and incumbent white mayor Sam Massell. The 35 year-old Jackson would win a runoff against Massell and become Atlanta's first African-American mayor.

Ok Doc - ty for confirmn this to me - can i ask u a question - how come u get and where dya get these info from - surely not from books - it could come from net or diffrent sites - can u fill me in - no offense okay - no harm intended - surely its not from ya collection or is it tell us more please - Ty for the links u provided - Thanks in advance ::rocks

Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:25 am

karlos wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

The plaque reads:

PRESENTED TO
ELVIS PRESLEY

BY
LEROY R. JOHNSON
STATE SENATOR
OF GEORGIA

Ok Doc - ty for confirmn this to me - can i ask u a question - how come u get and where dya get these info from - surely not from books - it could come from net or diffrent sites - can u fill me in - no offense okay - no harm intended - surely its not from ya collection or is it tell us more please - Ty for the links u provided - Thanks in advance ::rocks

Thanks for the pic, karlos. Not seen this one before if I remember. Any idea what the record is there?

Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:40 am

Polk Salad Andy wrote:
karlos wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

The plaque reads:

PRESENTED TO
ELVIS PRESLEY

BY
LEROY R. JOHNSON
STATE SENATOR
OF GEORGIA

Thanks for the pic, karlos. Not seen this one before if I remember. Any idea what the record is there?

.......................................................................................................................................
Please leave it ta me Andy Ill find out and let u know okay - Please bear with me buddy -
Pic below is -
Elvis Being presented a gold record award for Aloha From Hawaii from Reiko Yukawa from Japan in Las Vegas before the midnight show on August 9, 1973
Enjoy Y'all
.........................................................................................................................................
P.S -Andy -
All I kno at the moment is that the 1974 pic above this one on previous post on this thread was taken on - January 30, 1974. -backstage at Vegas-when I kno more bout the record Ill deffo let u know okay buddy - TCE4Evr -[b] i will certainly research it and let u know buddy - Okay - ::rocks

[/b]-
::rocks :smt007 :smt007 :smt006

.........Enjoy Y'all This Pic From August 24th 1970 When Elvis Met Canadian fanclub President Claude Laliberte - back stage at Vegas - ........................................................................................................................

Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:10 pm

karlos wrote:Ok Doc - ty for confirmn this to me - can i ask u a question - how come u get and where dya get these info from - surely not from books ...

Some here claim my information is something anyone can get on Google. Do you think they're correct?

Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:27 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
karlos wrote:Ok Doc - ty for confirmn this to me - can i ask u a question - how come u get and where dya get these info from - surely not from books ...

Some here claim my information is something anyone can get on Google. Do you think they're correct?

I would say that stuff you can get on Google comes from books anyway. Whether that information is correct or not is of course, a completely different matter.

I find your information to be highly beneficial in my quest to increase my knowledge about Elvis. Whether or not it comes from Google or books matters not, you are clearly a well read person, so cheers.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:03 am

Polk Salad Andy wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

I would say that stuff you can get on Google comes from books anyway. Whether that information is correct or not is of course, a completely different matter.

I find your information to be highly beneficial in my quest to increase my knowledge about Elvis. Whether or not it comes from Google or books matters not, you are clearly a well read person, so cheers.

.......................................................................................................................
Yes I agree with you too Andy - Doc you sure seem to know loads about Elvis - But I kindly ask you again - where do you get ya info from - Im very interested in finding out how you access ya info - ''whats ya secret John ''
I do like ya posts and information you set from time to time - Thanks in sharing ema with me and all on this board - Thanks Doc - Keep up the good work Doc John :
smt006 ::rocks

Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:13 am

Polk Salad Andy wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Thank you for the kind words! Some here are not so kind, but they are just jealous, I guess. ;-)

Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:18 am

karlos wrote:Yes I agree with you too Andy - Doc you sure seem to know loads about Elvis - But I kindly ask you again - where do you get ya info from - Im very interested in finding out how you access ya info - ''whats ya secret John ''
I do like ya posts and information you set from time to time - Thanks in sharing ema with me and all on this board - Thanks Doc - Keep up the good work Doc John

Thank you, karlos.

My secret is no secret, really. I've been fortunate enough to study Elvis and his career, as part of my love for all things rock 'n' roll, 20th century history and popular culture, for a reasonable amount of time. It all reads like one big story to me, and I love to share the stories I learn. You kind members are the beneficiaries of my scholarly pursuits.

Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:44 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
karlos wrote:Yes I agree with you too Andy - Doc you sure seem to know loads about Elvis - But I kindly ask you again - where do you get ya info from - Im very interested in finding out how you access ya info - ''whats ya secret John ''
I do like ya posts and information you set from time to time - Thanks in sharing ema with me and all on this board - Thanks Doc - Keep up the good work Doc John

Thank you, karlos.

My secret is no secret, really. I've been fortunate enough to study Elvis and his career, as part of my love for all things rock 'n' roll, 20th century history and popular culture, for a reasonable amount of time. It all reads like one big story to me, and I love to share the stories I learn. You kind members are the beneficiaries of my scholarly pursuits.

.......................................................................................................................................................
Yvw Dr. John Carpenter - Happy New Year John - Ty for all info you add - ok - love the info - all the very best to you ok - Please do not take any offence ok in what I say at times ok - I am just messn with you John ok - enjoy ya week - ::rocks - Love all ya info you add from time to time - Im a bit like you too with my knowledge on Elvis - I am and have studied him all my life too as a fan - too - - ::rocks keep up the good work - -God Bless You John - ::rocks

Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:06 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Polk Salad Andy wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Thank you for the kind words! Some here are not so kind, but they are just jealous, I guess. ;-)

No not jealous, info is to be found out there if you spend the time, and those who share its is a good thing and not to be come puffed up

Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:16 am

Found This In My Files - Dated
'Elvis In 57 ''
Wonder If Any One Has A Date For It -
Thanks In Advance -

Enjoy Y'all ::rocks