Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

new touchdown cd

Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:22 pm

The next release from Touchdown Productions will contain the concert from February 18, 1977 in Columbia, Florida. It's represented in the best possible soundquality from a newer source than what was used on the old release "Release Me" from 1992. Up above it is possibly the best concert from the first tour in 1977 and without a doubt one of best concerts he gave in 1977!

Tracklisting
[01] Also Sprach Zarathustra [02] See See Rider [03] I Got A Woman/Amen [04] Love Me [05] Fairytale [06] You Gave Me A Mountain [07] Jailhouse Rock [08] O Sole Mio/ It's Now Or Never [09] Trying To Get To You [10] Little Sister [11] Teddy Bear/ Don't Be Cruel [12] Are You Lonesome Tonight? [13] That's Alright Mama [14] My Way [15] Release Me [16] Band Introductions [17] Early Morning Rain [18] What'd I Say [19] Johnny B. Goode [20] Drum Solo - Ronnie Tutt [21] Drum Solo Pt.1 - Jerry Scheff [22] Drum Solo Pt.2 - Jerry Scheff [23] Piano Solo - Tony Brown [24] Love Letters [25] School's Out [26] Hurt [with reprise] [27] Can't Help Falling In Love [28] Closing Vamp

I hope this is true as i have been wanting to get release me on silver disc for well ages with no luck and the prices on ebay of this is silly.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: new touchdown cd

Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:18 pm

Great cover

Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:19 pm

One of the best concerts of '77?
Not so sure about that.. Elvis was hoarse during this feb tour and sounded short of breath at times.

I do agree that the Feb tour in general was slightly better than the upcoming tours later that year.

The tour is well documented with many soundboard recordings, some even recorded on the 4 track recorder and a few very good sounding audience tapes.

Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:54 pm

Here comes another using the same old money stripper technique "It's represented in the best possible sound quality from a newer source than what was used on the old release" :roll:

PASS...

Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:41 pm

If it's recorded by the same person who recorded Savannah and Montgomery and Johnson City we can indeed expect great sound..
Let's wait for some samples here...

Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:05 pm

I'll let you guys know how it is.

You're welcome.

Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:26 pm

Robert wrote:If it's recorded by the same person who recorded Savannah and Montgomery and Johnson City we can indeed expect great sound..

Here's one that I've just received. Sounds pretty darn good if you ask me but judge for yourselves.

http://www.packupload.com/O23RDSI7KWO

Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:47 pm

hm80ep wrote:
Robert wrote:If it's recorded by the same person who recorded Savannah and Montgomery and Johnson City we can indeed expect great sound..

Here's one that I've just received. Sounds pretty darn good if you ask me but judge for yourselves.

http://www.packupload.com/O23RDSI7KWO

i think this is a bit better,
This is from the PA Columbia Duty source

www.packupload.com/Z6OP3CTFJJT

Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:51 am

Release Me from Peaf and Vegas Memories were 2 of the hardest to find boots, fetching prices of around $200 on Ebay - so these are good ones to re-issue. Also, consensus is the PA "Columbia Duty" sounds better than Release Me. Hopefully, this will sound better than both. Keep 'em coming fellas, I believe the days of CD's are numbered and w/the ease of file sharing the bootleggers better release it all quickly. I'll buy it.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:31 pm

The show is really not bad and springs from the all in all best tour from 1977. Elvis and gang are in a good mood and we have an interesting set list with the highlights being Release Me and Hurt . Also good renditions of TRying To get To You or That`s All Right. the show is okay regarding all the circumstances in 1977.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:28 pm

Here is a sample from this new release :P :smt006

www.packupload.com/HD5FDS1EFWL

Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:54 pm

Are the intros complete or do they start with Early Morning Rain..?

Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:06 pm

As was told to me, the intro with "Also Sprach Zarathustra" is complete... the introduction starts with "The Sweet Inspiriations"... the introductions are complete in total... the recording ends with Al Dvorin's famous last words.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:22 pm

WHO told you..?

Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:30 pm

Ciscoking wrote:WHO told you..?

The pope... sorry, but WHERE do you get the sample mp3s from?

Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:35 pm

I have no samples...otherwise from the pope..

Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:40 pm

Ciscoking wrote:I have no samples...otherwise from the pope..

I meant mp3 samples from upcoming Straight Arrow releases ... you seem to be the only one who gets them... no pun intended.
Sometimes people know people who also know people who ...
Last edited by Joern on Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:41 pm

xmascarrol wrote:The next release from Touchdown Productions will contain the concert from February 18, 1977 in Columbia, Florida. It's represented in the best possible soundquality from a newer source than what was used on the old release "Release Me" from 1992. Up above it is possibly the best concert from the first tour in 1977 and without a doubt one of best concerts he gave in 1977!

Tracklisting
[01] Also Sprach Zarathustra [02] See See Rider [03] I Got A Woman/Amen [04] Love Me [05] Fairytale [06] You Gave Me A Mountain [07] Jailhouse Rock [08] O Sole Mio/ It's Now Or Never [09] Trying To Get To You [10] Little Sister [11] Teddy Bear/ Don't Be Cruel [12] Are You Lonesome Tonight? [13] That's Alright Mama [14] My Way [15] Release Me [16] Band Introductions [17] Early Morning Rain [18] What'd I Say [19] Johnny B. Goode [20] Drum Solo - Ronnie Tutt [21] Drum Solo Pt.1 - Jerry Scheff [22] Drum Solo Pt.2 - Jerry Scheff [23] Piano Solo - Tony Brown [24] Love Letters [25] School's Out [26] Hurt [with reprise] [27] Can't Help Falling In Love [28] Closing Vamp

I hope this is true as i have been wanting to get release me on silver disc for well ages with no luck and the prices on ebay of this is silly.

It appears I am the only one to spot the SUPER rarity in this set --> "School's Out."

Is this the only time Elvis Presley covered an Alice Cooper hit?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School's_Out_(song)

---

Also, we see that bass player Jerry Scheff takes not one but TWO drum solos!

Now THAT is rare.
Last edited by drjohncarpenter on Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:45 pm

Now that will be something!!! :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:53 pm

Joern wrote:

I meant mp3 samples from upcoming Straight Arrow releases ... you seem to be the only one who gets them... no pun intended.

i get samples from all over the world..what I think is worthwhile to post or not..should be left to me. Quality is the word !

Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:58 pm

Ciscoking wrote:
Joern wrote:

i get samples from all over the world..what I think is worthwhile to post or not..should be left to me. Quality is the word !

Yeah! ::rocks

Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:01 pm

One wonders if Charlie does backing vocals on "School's Out."

Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:03 pm

i had a cdr of this in my hands today and that sounds as much as i need from this pretty decent show...... 8) :lol: :roll:

Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:18 pm

YDKM wrote:i had a cdr of this in my hands today and that sounds as much as i need from this pretty decent show...... 8) :lol: :roll:

Yup, "Columbia duty" named,pretty good... guess that's the source to this new Touchdown cd too i guess...

Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:26 pm

Anyone know if Jerry drummed a "Bo Diddley" beat?