Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Will FTD release MSG Afternoon show on vinyl

Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:12 pm

With the stunning footage the Afternoon show has become my favourite of the two MSG shows - will FTD release it on vinyl - I love to see it released as a FTD 2- LP vinyl...

Re: Will FTD release MSG Afternoon show on vinyl

Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:24 pm

I don't know about FTD doing it, but Sony should lease it to Friday Music or Music On Vinyl as they do a fantastic job. It would make a wonderful 2 LP set.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:34 pm

I saw the new "Madison Square Garden" double-LP set in my local record store (yes, we still have one here; and it's doing very well too) yesterday. It looked nice for sure. It's nice to see so many new vinyl releases these days...

Keith Richards, Jr.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:24 pm

Mike Eder wrote:I don't know about FTD doing it, but Sony should lease it to Friday Music or Music On Vinyl as they do a fantastic job. It would make a wonderful 2 LP set.

I agree MIke hope it happens...

Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:25 pm

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:I saw the new "Madison Square Garden" double-LP set in my local record store (yes, we still have one here; and it's doing very well too) yesterday. It looked nice for sure. It's nice to see so many new vinyl releases these days...

Keith Richards, Jr.

Must get that one too...

Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:18 pm

Will FTD release MSG Afternoon show on vinyl

Unless someone here on the forum is an employee for Sony/FTD or Ernst chimes in, I just don't see how this question can be answered.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:42 am

Mike Eder wrote:I don't know about FTD doing it, but Sony should lease it to Friday Music or Music On Vinyl as they do a fantastic job. It would make a wonderful 2 LP set.

Why not all three do it?! :mrgreen: It hasn't stopped them before with other 'classic' albums, but Lord knows what the difference is!

Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:36 am

Tony.. wrote:

Why not all three do it?! :mrgreen: It hasn't stopped them before with other 'classic' albums, but Lord knows what the difference is!

Why not? One things for sure it would make a fantastic FTD 2-LP SE vinyl - a la TTWII SE vinyl...

Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:11 am

Ummmm, sorry but I have to ask a question that's been probably answered a dozen times before (didn't read it yet as I'm not that present here anymore):
What's the difference between "Prince From Another Planet" and the "Elvis As Recorded At Madison Square Garden" Legacy Edition?

Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:17 pm

luckyjackson1
The Prince set is a new REMIX of both concerts on CD, with a bonus DVD with excerpts of 8mm film with the Afternoon concert. Great value for money.
The Legacy set is a REMASTERED set with the latest remasters of the original mix of both concerts!

Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:11 pm

The more I listen to the afternoon show the more I desire it on vinyl - please FTD release it as a FTD SE 2-LP vinyl - with the BRAUER MIX...

Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:40 am

That would be an album I would love to play.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:53 am

Mike Eder wrote:That would be an album I would love to play.

It's just got to come out as a FTD vinyl?

Ernst & Roger - how about it?

Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:05 am

Ithink it would sell well as a mainstream release too.using the new remix not an old mix.

Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:30 am

ritchie valens wrote:Ithink it would sell well as a mainstream release too.using the new remix not an old mix.

It sure would. I know the original has been released but it's the afternoon show that's so compelling... 8)

With the bigger artwork and Elvis in the powder blue jumpsuit which suited him the LP format of this concert would be killer!!

And the new mix –– wow!

I'm on my knees Ernst...

Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:42 pm

That and the Rebooked boot are my dream vinyl live projects.

Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:23 pm

Mike Eder wrote:That and the Rebooked boot are my dream vinyl live projects.

Too true Mike . Do you think there's a possibility the MSG afternoon show may get a FTD vinyl release?
How about this photo for the inside gatefold?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.