Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Who Wants My Elvis Collection?

Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:52 pm

Rob wrote:It's definitely something to think about, guys. You've put a lot of work and money into your collections. You've received much enjoyment from it, haven't you? Where do you want it to end up? Does it matter? We think we're going to be around forever, but we may not be here tomorrow. If it matters to you at all, you may want to discuss it with your wives, husbands, or whomever may have to decide someday. Again, it's definitely worth thinking about.

That is something I have been thinking about for some time, actually. Priorities change, and I realize that my things might be better-suited to others. So, I have looked into selling my vinyl collection. Initially, I hoped my boys might want to carry it on, but that doesn't seem to be the case. So, seeing as how I haven't figured out a way to take it with me, I would not be averse to selling what I have.

Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:57 am

It's good to read that you not only made it back in one piece, but that your sense of humour is 100% intact. Imagine someone removing part of that, it wouldn't be the same guy anymore! :wink: Take care of yourself.

"When I got down there, my family and the doctors were all gathered around a piano. It was a very tense time. Everyone held their breath to see if I could sing "Young and Beautiful." When they realized that I couldn't sing it, they knew I was back to normal."

Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:35 am

all the best with the surgery---hope you come out in great shape

Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:05 am

Rockin` Presley wrote:all the best with the surgery---hope you come out in great shape

He did.

Two years ago :)

Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:19 am

Prayers for a quick recovery. I nominate myself for your collection when your time comes, but that time is not yet. I nominate myself as worthy because I have a sentimental story. I became a fan at age 14 when Elvis died. My grandmother loved Elvis and played his movies all week of August 16, 1977. I played the Aloha LP for her the summer of '79, she died in August 79. The song I'll Remember You has special meaning as I played it for her in June. "I'll Remember You, long after this and the summer is gone..." I play the song on visits to her grave every couple years. I have already given instructions to my wife to give my collection to a young man I met online that loves Elvis, so what you pass to me is already set to pass to another worthy fella. He is only 23 years old and a huge fan with vast knowledge of Elvis. 7 years of FTD's were sold before I learned of them. I am now scrambling to buy deleted and new titles as I have the Pokemon spirit, got to have em all :)

Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:23 pm

Some people just refuse to let a thread die :facep:

Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:52 pm

Wishn you all the very best Rob - Im Prayn for you buddy - God will see yu thru this buddy - Thinkn and prayn for you - bud -
Just take it easy buddy and pray ok -
On Behalf from me and all members here on forum 1/we wish you Good Health and Strength
You are in my thoughts and prayers buddy ::rocks

Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:46 pm

:facep:

Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:02 pm

Unbelievable. It takes all kinds and we certainly have them here.

And I still have the collection -- growing every day.

Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:04 pm

:lol:

::rocks

Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:06 am

Rob wrote:Unbelievable. It takes all kinds and we certainly have them here.

:lol: ::rocks

Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:22 am

Sorry to hear you died Rob.

How are you able to communicate with us now?

Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:52 am

Good to know you are still doin`well :smt006

phpBB [video]

Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:04 am

Only the good die young you old bastard ;-)

Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:39 am

I'm just reading this now Rob but I wish you the best. Hopefully those doctors will remove Hunk Houghton without any complications.

Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:10 pm

I think the dollar value of collections is usually way overstated. But all I can think is that I'd like mine to stay together as a set, rather than be scattered to the winds.

Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:30 pm

Looks like a few more members of this forum require surgery.

Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:09 pm

Kind of what I was thinking.

Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:09 pm

I am 37 right now. At that age too young to think about dying, but I have a tendency to think about it. Most of my idols are dead, my dad also died at 59, nine years ago. So to make it clear I don't take it for granted!!

As I get older, or let's say less younger, more an more I see a cd or a vinyl for what it is. A piece of plastic. It's the music inside what rules, no matter if you put an original, a home made cdr, a flac on an ipod. It's the music that counts. My elder son is 3 and adores Elvis, but when I reach retirement age, either I will give everything to him or just sell it and go around the world with my wife. Is the feeling that really counts, not the material side of things.