Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

From Elvis In Memphis FTD?

Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:21 am

Just wondering if anyone knows if there's any plans to do a classic album release of From Elvis In Memphis. And what could possibly be on it that we haven't heard yet?

Re: From Elvis In Memphis FTD?

Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:24 am

Certainly the possibility exists, but with the recent Legacy Edition reissue of the album, it is unlikely to be up next in line. I also doubt we will hear anything new, but I look forward to an official release of the outtake material in optimum sound quality.

Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:04 am

elvis8atari wrote:Just wondering if anyone knows if there's any plans to do a classic album release of From Elvis In Memphis. And what could possibly be on it that we haven't heard yet?

There's plenty of time between now and 2015. It's only a matter of when (not if). But to answer your question, there will be, without a doubt. :wink:

Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:20 am

What happens in 2015?

Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:52 pm

elvis8atari wrote:What happens in 2015?

This is just speculation, but Ernst 'current contract with Sony expires in 2015, after that, it is rumored that he'll be retiring from the music business altogether. Again....just speculation.

Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:09 pm

What HAVEN'T we got? Well - the entire undubbed masters for a start. Those would be great. We have most of the outtakes on bootlegs, but they'd be better quality here and Stereo of course. May be a chance to issue some of the instrumentals like Come Out Come Out, Memory Revival, poor Mans Gold (with Elvis vocal fragment) officially too. We have two in good quality but memory revival is poor sound.

Hopefully a fair amount of In The Ghetto outtakes from the missing part of the session (takes into the teens-early 20s).

It will be a good one I'm sure.

Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:19 pm

For those sessions, there should be a complete, multi-volume series.

Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:56 pm

Frankie Teardrop wrote:For those sessions, there should be a complete, multi-volume series.

As you know, it won't happen unless FTD decides to release its first box set. Most likely, FEIM and BIM will be two disc sets augmented with as much outtake material as possible.

Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:06 pm

If Ernst needs more space for outtakes, he could release "FEIM" and "BIM" 2 disc sets, along with one or two additional classic 7" releases of the singles "Suspicious Minds" and "In The Ghetto", featuring the outtakes of "Suspicious Minds", "You'll Think Of Me", "In The Ghetto", and "Any Day Now".

Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:48 pm

Or do two volumes of each?

Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:10 am

From Elvis In Memphis should be all the things the SUN project has not yet become! If FEIM does not appear as one of the highlights Ernst has up his sleave, then FTD is beyond belief! I take it for granted that FEIM would be very, very especially treated by E!

Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:08 pm

How about the 45th and/or 50th anniversary edition Box Set on the main label?
If this is the case, on the first one there will be some errors ("Suspicious Minds" either clipped or mono only, for example) which will be solved on the next edition. Most likely there'll be other errors to complain about.

At least I hope so, it would be really boring not to bitch about anything anymore and have ultimate, satisfying top-notch products.

Or as "the Killer" said in 1973: "Think about it, darling..."

:mrgreen:

Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:22 pm

I hope that the FTD editions of both From Elvis in Memphis and Back in Memphis will be the regular 2-disc versions. I don't like listening to whole sessions.

Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:42 pm

Mx
As you know, it won't happen unless FTD decides to release its first box set. Most likely, FEIM and BIM will be two disc sets augmented with as much outtake material as possible.

No need of a Box Set: was not JAILHOUSE ROCK the first multi-volume set on FTD?

Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:13 am

midnightx wrote:
Frankie Teardrop wrote:For those sessions, there should be a complete, multi-volume series.

Probably so, but if they did two two-disc sets for Jailhouse Rock, four two-disc sets for the Memphis sessions is doable. The sessions are legendary enough, and those sets would be likely to be among FTD's big sellers, I think.

Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:22 am

Frankie Teardrop wrote:
midnightx wrote:

Probably so, but if they did two two-disc sets for Jailhouse Rock, four two-disc sets for the Memphis sessions is doable. The sessions are legendary enough, and those sets would be likely to be among FTD's big sellers, I think.

Good point. I'd love to see it happen.

Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:39 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:

This is just speculation, but Ernst 'current contract with Sony expires in 2015, after that, it is rumored that he'll be retiring from the music business altogether. Again....just speculation.
Would we speculate someone would take over of FTD will fold?

Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:52 pm

At least we know that he won't do Aloha, neither MSG this year if ever. So it means other project will take priority. Lots of "classics" are candidate for a release in 2013. As usual he'l will make an announcement soon for the first release of 2013. Like you all, I'm eager to read about it, but I've got to have the mailman deliver Back In Memphis first. Should be in anyday now. And yes From Elvis In Memphis is an important jewel in our FTD collection.

Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:19 pm

I really want FEIM-FTD after hearing BIM.......I have enjoyed this one a lot more than I expected and
FEIM is a much better album :D

Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:14 pm

elvis8atari wrote:Just wondering if anyone knows if there's any plans to do a classic album release of From Elvis In Memphis. And what could possibly be on it that we haven't heard yet?

I'll bet there are plans.

Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:42 pm

KingElvis wrote:I really want FEIM-FTD after hearing BIM.......I have enjoyed this one a lot more than I expected and

Yes, maybe that's why Ernst released Back In Memphis first.
If he had released FEIM first then maybe some of us would've felt that BIM was a little bit of a let down.

I'm just speculating. It's possible that scenario never entered Ernst's mind.

Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:12 pm

Blue River wrote:
KingElvis wrote:I really want FEIM-FTD after hearing BIM.......I have enjoyed this one a lot more than I expected and

Yes, maybe that's why Ernst released Back In Memphis first.
If he had released FEIM first then maybe some of us would've felt that BIM was a little bit of a let down.

In this case I would say obviously.....just as "Raised on rock" was released first of the Stax albums by FTD in 2007.

Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:08 am

I must say that the Raised On Rock (FTD) gave me an "appreciation" for the original album that I didn't have previously.

Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:15 am

WMarkJ wrote:
TCB-FAN wrote:

Would we speculate someone would take over of FTD will fold?

Yes, Lene Reidel will be taking over the helm, and everyone will be happy.

Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:26 pm

Tornado, interesting quote you have submitted, "At least we know that he won't do Aloha, neither MSG this year if ever"......How do you know??? And when you say WE KNOW, are you speaking for all of us on this thread???