Off Topic Messages

What do you appreciate most about this message board?

1. obtaining relevant information
45%
2. giving relevant information
1%
3. reading breaking Elvis news
9%
4. discussing specific Elvis topics with other fans
24%
5. feeling a part of the larger Elvis world community
13%
5. selling/buying Elvis related items
2%
6. other
7%

Total votes : 101

Re: What do you like MOST about this Elvis forum ?

Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:50 am

I only come here mostly to look at "promiseland's" amazing array of girlie av's. :mrgreen:

Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:00 am

PEP wrote:I chose other, as it cannot just be One in my opinion. I have always liked it here because of the first 5 on the list.
1. obtaining relevant information
2. giving relevant information
3. reading breaking Elvis news
4. discussing specific Elvis topics with other fans
5. feeling a part of the larger Elvis world community

PEP 8)

Totally agreed with this one - hence why I chose other as well. ::rocks

This is really the only Elvis site I visit consistently on a daily basis (I visit others of course, just not nearly as often). Nothing beats the quality of information and discussions found here, and of course, especially the Doc's knowledge and info.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:34 am

TCB-FAN wrote:I only come here mostly to look at "promiseland's" amazing array of girlie av's. :mrgreen:

:smt023

Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:58 am

feeling a part of the larger Elvis world community. the things you people now about Elvis sometimes make feel like a virgin-fan!!

Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:30 am

James27 wrote: What do you like MOST about this Elvis forum?

Believe it or not .... THE PEOPLE ::rocks

Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:44 pm

promiseland wrote:All the information from all the other members,... and of course Thee Expertise Power of The Doc!
::rocks

Man, ease off on the boot licking a touch, you're in danger of coming down with cherry blossom poisoning. :smt023

Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:45 pm

I like discussing specific Elvis topics with other fans because I can actually talk about this stuff with other people that know what I'm talking about.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:28 am

... and without them glazing over when you mention his name :oops:
Must be nice to have actual friends (not that you lot aren't real, but you know what I mean) who share the enthusiasm and pleasure in listening to Elvis, or watching him.
My best friend is great, but she isn't into Elvis at all and it's the one area of our lives where I hold back, as she cannot see the attraction at all, not even the music, and actually says she can't stand Elvis. Apart from that she's nice :|

Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:35 am

That's how I look at it tahoe76: their loss.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:36 am

elvisalisellers wrote:
promiseland wrote:All the information from all the other members,... and of course Thee Expertise Power of The Doc!

Man, ease off on the boot licking a touch, you're in danger of coming down with cherry blossom poisoning. :smt023

I'm sure the Doc will have a fix for that also :wink:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:13 am

For me it's the in-depth discussions, but also the camaraderie amongst some of us regular long-timers. For example I can humorously jab Colin or Rob and I know they'll almost always come up with an equally humorous riposte. I enjoy that. It keeps things from getting too heavy or excessively serious on this mb.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:45 am

Well said, Pete :smt023

Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:15 pm

Feeling a part of the greater Elvis community.

Not one of my friends are Elvis fans. It's frustrating. I like the forum because it's a constant reminder that I'm not so strange or unique in being passionate about The Man And The Music.

There's a wealth of information here aswell, and it's always the first place I'll come to when I'm looking for news/updates on anything Elvis related.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:19 pm

It's hard to pick one so I'm picking "other" for a combination of reasons...getting to know people, making new friends, being part of an Elvis world community, learning more about Elvis' life and career, sharing information/photos and having fun. Also I like our age range. I've learned a lot from our younger members. They have helped me understand how to talk and listen to my kids (19 girl, 24 boy, 26 girl) about Elvis. I know, they're not kids anymore, they're young adults.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:16 pm

Without the help of the members of this very forum..Ciscokings' Corner wouldn`t be as it is.......Accurate !... :wink:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:09 pm

I love the information from knowledgeable fans you can access. This site is second to none.

I appreciate the blocking facility to avoid the idiot.

I detest that the idiot can sign on in different names and praise himself.

I wish the moderator was pro -active.

MOST?...........the majority of fans are here for Elvis Presley only.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:07 pm

Obtaining relevant information, but also discussing specific Elvis topics with other fans. It's great to share your opinions and sometimes knowledge, (but mainly in my case opinion!) with people who have the same passion and interest as you. I also believe you never stop learning in life and this is site is a great place to learn many things about the man and his music from a wealth of great contributors here. There are some people who really enrich this forum like Revelator, Davide and drjohncarpenter to name just a few. This place wouldn't be the same without these people and long may this continue!

Occassionally the forum gets bogged down by certain topics, disagreements and even people, and we are all guilty of it from time to time. But the best thing to do is to take a little break away from the forum and get some real-life perspective.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:01 pm

Good Time Charlie wrote:Obtaining relevant information, but also discussing specific Elvis topics with other fans. It's great to share your opinions and sometimes knowledge, (but mainly in my case opinion!) with people who have the same passion and interest as you. I also believe you never stop learning in life and this is site is a great place to learn many things about the man and his music from a wealth of great contributors here. There are some people who really enrich this forum like Revelator, Davide and drjohncarpenter to name just a few. This place wouldn't be the same without these people and long may this continue!
Good Time Charlie, You deserve a lot of credit too! Your contributions have been awesome!

Good Time Charlie wrote:Occassionally the forum gets bogged down by certain topics, disagreements and even people, and we are all guilty of it from time to time. But the best thing to do is to take a little break away from the forum and get some real-life perspective.
I think this is such great advice…we need to give ourselves a break! It’s something that’s sometimes easy to forget, but really important to remember.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:40 pm

EPA4368 wrote:
Good Time Charlie wrote:Obtaining relevant information, but also discussing specific Elvis topics with other fans. It's great to share your opinions and sometimes knowledge, (but mainly in my case opinion!) with people who have the same passion and interest as you. I also believe you never stop learning in life and this is site is a great place to learn many things about the man and his music from a wealth of great contributors here. There are some people who really enrich this forum like Revelator, Davide and drjohncarpenter to name just a few. This place wouldn't be the same without these people and long may this continue!
Good Time Charlie, You deserve a lot of credit too! Your contributions have been awesome!

Good Time Charlie wrote:Occassionally the forum gets bogged down by certain topics, disagreements and even people, and we are all guilty of it from time to time. But the best thing to do is to take a little break away from the forum and get some real-life perspective.
I think this is such great advice…we need to give ourselves a break! It’s something that’s sometimes easy to forget, but really important to remember.

Thanks and you too pal. Yes we can all do with a little break from time to time and get in the 21st century!

Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:27 am

Pete Dube wrote:For me it's the in-depth discussions, but also the camaraderie amongst some of us regular long-timers. For example I can humorously jab Colin or Rob and I know they'll almost always come up with an equally humorous riposte. I enjoy that. It keeps things from getting too heavy or excessively serious on this mb.

You are just the sweetest little feller.

Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:38 pm

The most complete information on Elvis came from this forum!. I am sorry that I didn't found earlier about it. I wish the forum will long for ever.

Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:48 pm

getting to know more about elvis, discuss with people, And getting to know which cd's get released before they are released ::rocks

Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:07 pm

1) The fellowship.

2) That people here take Elvis, music, and culture seriously. Nothing is "trivial" because you never know where each element might lead. People here care deeply about these matters. If there is disagreement, it's because it matters.

rjm

Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:52 pm

rjm wrote:1) The fellowship.

2) That people here take Elvis, music, and culture seriously. Nothing is "trivial" because you never know where each element might lead. People here care deeply about these matters. If there is disagreement, it's because it matters.

rjm

.........and The Doc! :D

Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:08 pm

Over the last few weeks:

Other: Signing out.