Post here your Elvis' pictures

Late 69 or early 70s candid ?

Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:58 pm

Found this one on Ebay clean the watermark off it.....great candid and new to me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Late 69 or early 70s candid ?

Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:25 pm

Thanks Rizzy

Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:27 pm

keninlincs wrote:Thanks Rizzy

You are more than welcome mate.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:35 pm

New to me too Rizzy, great candid...thanks for sharing ::rocks

Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:58 pm

AlohaEagle wrote:New to me too Rizzy, great candid...thanks for sharing ::rocks

Thanks Aloha glad you like it.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:30 pm

Thanks rizzy56. Have never seen the photo or one taken at the same time. Hard to say with regards to timing but I'd say
Vegas 69 but could be Feb 70.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:34 pm

rizzy56 wrote:Found this one on Ebay clean the watermark off it.....great candid and new to me.

The image is pretty fuzzy, but given the shape of his face, tan and sideburns, it looks to be circa summer 1970.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:38 pm

The photo is from May 30th 1969. Which was Memorial Day. I once made a 4x6 crop and restored the picture as it was in bad shape. The seller Copied my picture and sells it on EBay as he does with many of my pictures. Oh well. Here is the original 3.5"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:45 pm

And here is my full 4x6" crop that I mention in my first post. Seeing as you have a less quality one here is the original crop.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:16 am

ArtyMorty wrote:The photo is from May 30th 1969. Which was Memorial Day. I once made a 4x6 crop and restored the picture as it was in bad shape. The seller Copied my picture and sells it on EBay as he does with many of my pictures. Oh well. Here is the original 3.5"

Look i came across it on ebay just posted here for others too see...How the seller on ebay got his hands on your photo i have no idea.
But thankyou for the HQ version.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:19 am

ArtyMorty wrote:And here is my full 4x6" crop that I mention in my first post. Seeing as you have a less quality one here is the original crop.

my version of the photo i had to removed a watermark from it.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:25 am

Rizzy why do you think I am upset with you? I was explaining about the EBay seller not anything about you.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:33 am

ArtyMorty wrote:Rizzy why do you think I am upset with you? I was explaining about the EBay seller not anything about you.

Sorry mate i was alittle to fast off the handle there...its just these days anyone that posts here in the picture section comes under attack.
Again i am sorry so thankyou for sharing the full version, its what makes this place tick.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:35 am

Hey that's okay, we all get that way sometimes. Can't tell you the amount of times I have over reacted and thought better of it later. No problem my friend. Glad you like the photo and good work on the sample removal too on the first post.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:40 am

ArtyMorty wrote:Hey that's okay, we all get that way sometimes. Can't tell you the amount of times I have over reacted and thought better of it later. No problem my friend. Glad you like the photo and good work on the sample removal too on the first post.

No bother at all arty...do you have any idea too who the seller is on ebay?

Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:53 am

Don't know who it is. Bought from me years before and now sells copies. This was years ago and a few ebay names ago. I know the seller name now, but I don't want to get into it. These days I am very selective who I deal with. Hey you know Karma is a bitch, right!!

Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:04 am

ArtyMorty wrote:Don't know who it is. Bought from me years before and now sells copies. This was years ago and a few ebay names ago. I know the seller name now, but I don't want to get into it. These days I am very selective who I deal with. Hey you know Karma is a bitch, right!!

Sure thing karma is a bitch....but at the same time its new to me! so all thnxs too you for this photo :D

Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:51 am

ArtyMorty wrote:The photo is from May 30th 1969.

How was this date determined? Any idea why it is so fuzzy?

Here are a couple from June 1969. He looks different in these.

690600_w Marvin Gambill_Graceland.JPG
Riding with Marvin "GG" Gambill at Graceland, June 1969
Gambill is also seen below, along with gatekeeper Harold Lloyd and Charlie Hodge.

690608_w Marvin Gambill_Harold Lloyd_Charlie Hodge.JPG
Elvis Presley signed autographs at Graceland Sunday, June 8, 1969
In March and April, Elvis had worked in Hollywood on his 31st and final acting role.
The movie, "Change of Habit," co-starred Mary Tyler Moore.
Photo: Robb Mitchell, The Commercial Appeal

Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:07 am

Date was determined by reading the back of the original. That is the date written on this photo and 2 others taken the same night. The fuzziness is just because of how the film was loaded into the camera. A slight ghosting because the film was loaded incorrectly. Here is the original (Raw) photo without any Photoshop corrections.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:49 am

I've this one dated May 69' - appears to be the same jacket.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:30 pm

Nice shot Julian. Thanks

Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:27 pm

Lovely photos - many thanks to all involved!

Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:17 am

Ty Rizzy - Lov this - thanks for sharing this - Lov It . New ta my eyes - Grt era I Love . ::rocks

Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:37 pm

Thanks for sharing photos and infos!!

Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:43 pm

ArtyMorty wrote:Date was determined by reading the back of the original. That is the date written on this photo and 2 others taken the same night. The fuzziness is just because of how the film was loaded into the camera. A slight ghosting because the film was loaded incorrectly. Here is the original (Raw) photo without any Photoshop corrections.

I was wondering if the text on the back says "Memorial Day 1969" or May 30, 1969 as Memorial Day 1969 was on May 26 (last Monday in May).
I have the photo as May 26, 1969, probably due to Memorial Day being on the 26th.

Sincerely
Brin
www.brian56.dk