Here you can discuss other musicians and CD reissues etc

SLADE - WHAT A BAND!

Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:35 pm

On BBC4 tonight (friday) it's SLADE night. If you like shouting and garish outfits, (as I do), then tonight is your night. Here's a sample of them at their shouty, rockin' best;
phpBB [video]

Check out that scream at 2.32!!!! :smt007

Re: SLADE - WHAT A BAND!

Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:05 am

:shock: Mate, up until now I thought you had good tastes in music.

Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:03 pm

I watched this too. It was a nice trip down memory lane. Slade were the first band I ever saw back in 1973. I was only six years old at the time, but my older brother was a fan too, and we talked my father into taking us to see them. We had a great time!

I loved the clips from the BBC archives. It would be great if there was an official DVD release of this material too.

Also it was nice to see "Slade In Fame" get another showing too. For me this is a very underrated film.

Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:56 pm

rockinrebel wrote:I watched this too. It was a nice trip down memory lane. Slade were the first band I ever saw back in 1973. I was only six years old at the time, but my older brother was a fan too, and we talked my father into taking us to see them. We had a great time!

I loved the clips from the BBC archives. It would be great if there was an official DVD release of this material too.

Also it was nice to see "Slade In Fame" get another showing too. For me this is a very underrated film.

Totally agree with all that. They're best album is "Whatever happened to Slade" from 1977 - a rockin' powerhouse of a beast.