Post here your Elvis' pictures

Re: Elvis photographed with other famous people

Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:41 pm

Ito Eats wrote:with Vicky Carr and Jackie Wilson

No, it is NOT Vikki Carr.

That photo shows Elvis with singer Jackie Wilson and Jackie's girlfriend Lynn Crochet.

Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:48 pm

Ito Eats wrote:Billy Ray Cyrus

That's Oscar Bonavena with Elvis.

Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:50 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
karlos wrote:Grt pics Andy my friend
- I Lov em - ty 4 sharing em -

Enjoy these y'all ::rocks

BTW - Justin Tubb is c/western singer -

karlos, the Cher photo is a fake.

i Know Dr .John Carpenter that Cher pic is fake - ty for lettn me know - I kinda knew it - Ty ::rocks

Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:50 pm

karlos wrote:With Singer /guitarist /songwriter /pianist - Ivory Joe Hunter at Graceland on July 30th '57
Enjoy Y'all
::rocks

This comes from my FECC topic of inquiry, and the attribution is not 100% certain:

Ivory Joe Hunter Says Hello -> July 1957 ?
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40505

Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:55 pm

What?!? Some common sense might be helpful here.

Billy Ray Cyrus was 12 years old in July 1973. The photo is of boxer Oscar Bonavena, and it is cropped.

Bonavena brother, Elvis Presley, Oscar Natalio "Ringo" Bonavena
circa July 1973, Las Vegas, NV

Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:57 pm

Ok Dr .John Carpenter - Ty for this information - Love ya input on this thread - TCE4Ever

Found this in my files - Enjoy Y'all

Elvis with Mama Cass - Enjoy ::rocks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:03 pm

Ito Eats wrote:mom's and Dad's :mrgreen:

More common sense needed here.

It's NOT the Mamas and the Papas. They officially broke up in 1971 and we only see member Cass Elliot in the photo!

Full information on this image has been up on the board for years.

drjohncarpenter wrote:Elvis obviously liked his RCA label mate, too, and invited her to his Hilton suite on at least

Cass Elliot began a run with comedian Marty Allen at the Flamingo on Thursday, Feb 22, 1973.

She attended Presley's closing show the next evening, it's quite possible Elvis invited them all back to his suite.

"Amazing Grace," Elvis' Hilton suite, Las Vegas, NV - Friday, February 23, 1973

L-R: Terry Blackwood, Sherman Andrus, Jim Murray, Cass Elliot, Joe Moscheo, Armond Morales, Marty Allen, Elvis, Linda Thompson, Red West, Lorraine Allen

This 1973 candid is interesting on many levels.

It's the last time Elvis was slim and trim, although he was undergoing some major personal problems, sadly detailed four years later in Elvis - What Happened? (1977). Not many photos of Elvis' private, in-suite jams have ever surfaced.

It appears all of the current members of the Imperials are there. Since the quintet had left Elvis' employ after the summer 1971 season in Las Vegas (September 6, 1971, to be exact), they had to have been in town with another singer -- perhaps Jimmy Dean had a booking in the area at that time.

Note that the African-American man in the picture is Sherman Andrus, who replaced Imperial Greg Gordon in early 1972 -- a VERY controversial move in the conservative-minded gospel field.

How often did Elvis do gospel jams with the Imperials after they left? Perhaps it was just this one time? Elvis was not thrilled they moved on to Jimmy Dean -- "that sausage maker" as Presley derisively called him.

Was this the only time Cass sang with Elvis? Her death came just a year later, on July 29, 1974, in London. A heart attack took her at the young age of 32, leaving behind a 7 year-old daughter, Owen.

Her manager was the flamboyant Allan Carr -- later to have huge success working on "Saturday Night Fever," "Grease" and other films.

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=33024&p=417923&#p417147

Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:06 pm

Ty Dr John Carpenter for info - I will look into this later -Ty so much

Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:38 pm

:smt030
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:45 pm

steevefry wrote::smt030

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 steevefry - ty buddy - yu have made my day- happy holidays mate ::rocks

Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:11 pm

mjsantafe wrote:

Is this a joke? Cyrus was born in 1961 which would mean he was about 13 when this photo was taken. That and the fact that it looks nothing like him.

You've been paying attention :shock: . This was a test.You et one hundred points :smt006

Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:12 pm

Ito Eats wrote:
mjsantafe wrote:

Is this a joke? Cyrus was born in 1961 which would mean he was about 13 when this photo was taken. That and the fact that it looks nothing like him.

You've been paying attention :shock: . This was a test.You get one hundred points :smt006

Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:48 pm

steevefry wrote::smt030

hahaha :smt005 :smt005 :smt005
Last edited by Elvisgirl on Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:57 pm

Lmao ere - :smt005 :smt005 :smt005

Enjoy Y'all - :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003
......................................................................... ::rocks

Now seriously here is one that is true with Nixon - Enjoy- Y'all
Last edited by karlos on Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:11 pm

karlos wrote:Lmao ere - :smt005 :smt005 :smt005

Enjoy Y'all - :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

hahaha :smt003 :smt003

Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:05 pm

Enjoy these y'all ::rocks

Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:01 am

karlos wrote:Enjoy these y'all ::rocks

Thanks for posting, karlos. The one of Muhammad ALi I only have in black and white. Cheers, dude ::rocks

Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:35 pm

What? Billy Ray Cyrus??? Lol

Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:16 pm

Polk Salad Andy wrote:
karlos wrote:Enjoy these y'all ::rocks

Thanks for posting, karlos. The one of Muhammad ALi I only have in black and white. Cheers, dude ::rocks

Yvw Andy - no probs - illadd more like these very soon ok buddy ::rocks

Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:35 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Johnny 99 wrote:
Polk Salad Andy wrote:With Frank Sinatra rehearsals for the Welcome Home Elvis show:

Wow never seen those before. Thanks.

They are on this site -- with scores more -- in excellent quality.

See -->
ABC Updated!!! "The Frank Sinatra Timex Special" March 1960
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=46214
Frank Sinatra Timex - New and improved quality!!
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=49669

Thanks John. Should've checked, great resource.

Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:35 am

Polk Salad Andy wrote:Thanks for posting, karlos. The one of Muhammad ALi I only have in black and white.

The original negative may or may not be in color, but the one posted by karlos is colourized.

Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:54 am

Here's Elvis with Bobby Vinton and his dear friend and legendary promoter, Pete Bennett.

He was the man who made "Suspicious Minds" a hit, and also convinced Elvis to go on tour, according to the late Mr. Bennett.

Do you think Elvis loved Pete very, very much?

Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:25 am

We'll never know what Elvis felt about promoter Pete Bennett, but he was certainly loved very, very much by the Beatles.

Pete Bennett - Worlds #1 Promotion Man - The Beatles
http://www.petebennett.com/stars/the_beatles.htm

In 1968 Pete gave up his independent status to become director of promotion for the Beatles' Apple label, and he continued to work with them after they broke up and pursued solo careers.

741128_Pete Bennett w Lennon.JPG

700600_Pete Bennett w Harrison.JPG

740000_Pete Bennett w Starr.JPG

---

Sadly, Pete died about three weeks ago, at the age of 77, on November 22, 2012:

Peter Bennett (music promoter)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Bennett_(music_promoter)
Pete Bennett, Legendary Promotion Man for Beatles, Stones, Many More, Dead at 77
http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/industry/record-labels/pete-bennett-legendary-promotion-man-for-1008028872.story

A Facebook page has been set up for a tribute concert in the works:

Peter Bennett Tribute Concert
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Peter-Bennett-Tribute-Concert/256510407808217

May he R.I.P.

Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:51 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Polk Salad Andy wrote:Thanks for posting, karlos. The one of Muhammad ALi I only have in black and white.

The original negative may or may not be in color, but the one posted by karlos is colourized.

Then it's a very good colourisation in that case. You may be correct about the original negative, I have never seen this photo in colour before.

Thanks Doc.

Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:06 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:We'll never know what Elvis felt about promoter Pete Bennett, but he was certainly loved very, very much by the Beatles.

Pete Bennett - Worlds #1 Promotion Man - The Beatles
http://www.petebennett.com/stars/the_beatles.htm

In 1968 Pete gave up his independent status to become director of promotion for the Beatles' Apple label, and he continued to work with them after they broke up and pursued solo careers.

741128_Pete Bennett w Lennon.JPG

700600_Pete Bennett w Harrison.JPG

740000_Pete Bennett w Starr.JPG

---

Sadly, Pete died about three weeks ago, at the age of 77, on November 22, 2012:

Peter Bennett (music promoter)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Bennett_(music_promoter)
Pete Bennett, Legendary Promotion Man for Beatles, Stones, Many More, Dead at 77
http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/industry/record-labels/pete-bennett-legendary-promotion-man-for-1008028872.story

A Facebook page has been set up for a tribute concert in the works:

Peter Bennett Tribute Concert
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Peter-Bennett-Tribute-Concert/256510407808217

May he R.I.P.

Ty Dr John Carpenter for sharing this - but as you can see this is Elvis thread and not Beatles one - ok just remindn you bud - yu could have just mentioned Peter Bennett as being involved with Beatles -It kinda throws the scope and theme for this thread - pl. do not take offence by this Doc - okay - Thanks - heres few you may like Doc and for all to enjoy -
Last edited by karlos on Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.