Post here your Elvis' pictures

What Year Do You Think ?

Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:41 am

To me it looks like it might be pre-Elvis. But what do you think?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: What Year Do You Think ?

Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:05 am

What an unusual photo !

It seems to have an 'early 50s' feel about it.

I don't think I've read much about who occupied Graceland immediately before Elvis.

Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:53 am

Fun picture!

It is certainly Elvis’ decorations, i.e. not pre-Elvis ownership of Graceland. I don’t believe they had this there in 1957 and of course Elvis wasn't at home for Christmas of 58’ & 59’. My feeling is though its 1960’s, (61/62)

Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:01 pm

The car! All someone has to do is figure out the year of the car. And that's it! It would have to be after that, and not before. And he generally had late model cars.

I don't know. Can't see the back, and that makes it harder. Someone must know cars!

Plus, look in the sleigh. Guitars! (They say that it was originally built for a music lover, with a music room. But this is pretty obvious. Guitars.)

rjm

Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:25 pm

ArtyMorty wrote:To me it looks like it might be pre-Elvis. But what do you think?

WhatYear.jpg

This has been posted one or two times before on FECC.

IIRC, it's either from winter 1959, when Elvis was away in Germany, or winter 1961, when he avoided Memphis for the holidays.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:29 pm

looks abit like Gladys in the background

Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:49 pm

That thought crossed my mind, too, but I would say it's not her. Fantastic photo!

Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:16 pm

LuckyJackson2 wrote:looks abit like Gladys in the background

It's a younger female fan, wearing white socks.

Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:14 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:

Hey Dr. John Carpenter Pls give ya opinion and date for this pic - Im sure ive seen it soem time ago - pls state ya opinion on this pic - Ty in advance

Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:22 am

karlos wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Hey Dr. John Carpenter Pls give ya opinion and date for this pic - Im sure ive seen it soem time ago - pls state ya opinion on this pic - Ty in advance

Scroll up 4 posts, karlos.

Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:08 am

rjm wrote:The car! All someone has to do is figure out the year of the car. And that's it! It would have to be after that, and not before. And he generally had late model cars.

I don't know. Can't see the back, and that makes it harder. Someone must know cars!

Plus, look in the sleigh. Guitars! (They say that it was originally built for a music lover, with a music room. But this is pretty obvious. Guitars.)

rjm

It could be a Buick '59, judging by chrome bumper.

Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:13 am

That is probably a 1957 Buick or Oldsmobile- I'd bet possibly even a '57 Caddy. This could easily be as early as 1957 or 1958.

Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:49 am

Lookn at pic I think its 59 - i may be wrong -
its a grt post tho and pic -

Ty Dr . John Carpenter - for ya input on pic -

I now have seen what you written - Thanks -
Have A Merry Xmas And A Prosperous 2013 -
All Members on this board