Post here your Elvis' pictures

Re: E in concert 76

Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:53 pm

Polk Salad Andy wrote:A couple of Incas....

Inca_76 (1).jpg

Inca_76 (2).jpg

Brill Pics Andy Lovn em - Ty so much bro
::rocks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:35 am

smt201
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:13 am

Yikes!

Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:25 pm

Elvisgirl wrote:smt201

Great Closeups Of Our King -elvis girl - ty 4 sharing em -

''We Will Nevr Forget Him ''
''Long Liv His Memry And His Name 4Evr ''
AMEN -

Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:07 pm

karlos wrote:

[b]Great Closeups Of Our King -elvis girl - ty 4 sharing em -

Oh, come on, karlos. He looks awful in those unforgiving close-ups, not "Great." Awful!

They depict a man who was not well, and struggling to make a good appearance.

We do not respect the memory of Elvis in pretending otherwise.

Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:14 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
karlos wrote:

Oh, come on, karlos. He looks awful in those unforgiving close-ups, not "Great." Awful!

[b][b]

Sorry Dr JC - my meaning may have been wrong to you - these are some closeups that I have not seen for a long tyme
-ok I agree with ya John okay in some way -
but you got ta remember John -that Elvis still had the voice , charisma etc and his shows at Vegas and such .He was still pulling in crowds due to his popularity /fame -

So sorry ta be argumenative to yu and all who may disagree with me - but its fact - Elvis was still drawing in crowds during this time of his life /career and his voice was getting stronger during this tyme of his career with songs such as Hurt etc - okay - no harm intended on this topic -

sorry ta any members I may have offended -No Harm intended to any one ok -

TCE4Ever -[/b]

Elvis looks may have changed in many ways but I believe he still had that voice until the untimely demise - TCE4Ever- Amen -
so sorry bout this state ment from me - Enjoy ya hols Dr . John C
[/b] ::rocks

Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:30 pm

karlos wrote:

''We Will Nevr Forget Him ''
''Long Liv His Memry And His Name 4Evr ''
AMEN -

oh yea, I love the close ups!

Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:31 pm

karlos wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
karlos wrote:

[b][b]

Sorry Dr JC - my meaning may have been wrong to you - these are some closeups that I have not seen for a long tyme
-ok I agree with ya John okay in some way -
but you got ta remember John -that Elvis still had the voice , charisma etc and his shows at Vegas and such .He was still pulling in crowds due to his popularity /fame -

So sorry ta be argumenative to yu and all who may disagree with me - but its fact - Elvis was still drawing in crowds during this time of his life /career and his voice was getting stronger during this tyme of his career with songs such as Hurt etc - okay - no harm intended on this topic -

sorry ta any members I may have offended -No Harm intended to any one ok -

TCE4Ever -[/b]

Elvis looks may have changed in many ways but I believe he still had that voice until the untimely demise - TCE4Ever- Amen -
so sorry bout this state ment from me - Enjoy ya hols Dr . John C
[/b] ::rocks

what are you sorry about? don't be sorry for just saying your opinion, if that offends anyone it's not your fault! you haven't actually attacked or insulted anyone, you have the right to say your opinion, like everyone else. you have my support 100% always. you rock! ::rocks

Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:49 am

I hope you enjoy these few. May not be to everybody's tastes but I think he looks ok in these.

18_March_76_Johnson City.jpg

Anaheim_76.jpg

26_Oct_76_Dayton.jpg

Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:50 am

Polk Salad Andy wrote:I hope you enjoy these few. May not be to everybody's tastes but I think he looks ok in these.

Anaheim_76.jpg

26_Oct_76_Dayton.jpg

I think those are great!! especially the first one and the second one :smt001

Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:54 am

Brilliant pics - Ty Andy - Lov em all -
heres more for all to enjoy

Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:57 am

more!

Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:01 am

Brilliant elvis girl and Andy - ty 4 sharing
heres more for all ta enjoy incl Dr.John Carpenter -Lol

Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:08 am

Polk Salad Andy wrote:I hope you enjoy these few. May not be to everybody's tastes but I think he looks ok in these.

Anaheim_76.jpg

26_Oct_76_Dayton.jpg

Awesome pics Andy - Ty so much bro - lov em -

Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:15 am

Elvisgirl wrote:

Anaheim_76.jpg

26_Oct_76_Dayton.jpg

Cool! I'm loving your animated Charro sig, btw ::rocks

Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:18 am

elvis girls animation is great - Im lovn it too Andy
these pics are for elvis girl , Polk Salad Andy , Dr. John Carpenter and all members
Enjoy

[b]hey Dr.John Carpenter -dya like or lov elvis girl animation -

its great aint it - its diffrent - eh

[
/b][/b] ::rocks
Last edited by karlos on Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:21 am

karlos wrote:Brilliant elvis girl and Andy - ty 4 sharing
heres more for all ta enjoy incl Dr.John Carpenter -Lol

I know I enjoy them :smt001

Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:22 am

Polk Salad Andy wrote:
Elvisgirl wrote:

Anaheim_76.jpg

26_Oct_76_Dayton.jpg

Cool! I'm loving your animated Charro sig, btw ::rocks

thanks buddy ::rocks

Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:22 am

karlos wrote:elvis girls animation is great - Im lovn it too Andy

its great aint it - its diffrent - eh [/b][/b] ::rocks

thanks my friend ::rocks

Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:24 am

feelin it

Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:27 am

Elvisgirl wrote:
karlos wrote:elvis girls animation is great - Im lovn it too Andy

its great aint it - its diffrent - eh [/b][/b] ::rocks

thanks my friend ::rocks

Yvw elvis girl - any time - okay - no probs enjoy -

Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:19 am

karlos wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:Oh, come on, karlos. He looks awful in those unforgiving close-ups, not "Great." Awful!

-ok I agree with ya John okay in some way - but you got ta remember John -that Elvis still had the voice , charisma etc and his shows at Vegas and such .He was still pulling in crowds due to his popularity /fame -So sorry ta be argumenative to yu and all who may disagree with me - but its fact - Elvis was still drawing in crowds during this time of his life /career and his voice was getting stronger during this tyme of his career with songs such as Hurt etc - okay -

karlos, no apology is necessary, but I do not live in a world where Elvis either looked or sang great in 1976-77.

Yes, at that time he could pull off a good show, or a good song here and there, but to imagine even for a second fans were experiencing a healthy and engaged artist is pure folly. His voice is not even close to what people heard earlier in the decade, and matching that decline is his appearance. That is fact. We have photos, films and recordings as ample evidence. And I just find such false enthusiasm, so many years after his tragic passing, just shameful. Yes, Elvis was still drawing a crowd, but it was because of what he once was, not what people saw on stage in that period.

To act as if nothing was wrong, even now, makes it seem like his entire career was a mirage. It was not.

Elvis made great records, he made some good movies, he shook up America on TV in the '50s and in 1968, he brought joy to millions, he changed the world -- but he was not a deity, and he died far too young, at 42, and primarily because of personal issues he could not conquer. We bring honor to his life and legacy not only by praising the good, but also by accepting the not-so-good.

That's my opinion. Thanks for reading.

Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:06 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
karlos wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:Oh, come on, karlos. He looks awful in those unforgiving close-ups, not "Great." Awful!

-ok I agree with ya John okay in some way - but you got ta remember John -that Elvis still had the voice , charisma etc and his shows at Vegas and such .He was still pulling in crowds due to his popularity /fame -So sorry ta be argumenative to yu and all who may disagree with me - but its fact - Elvis was still drawing in crowds during this time of his life /career and his voice was getting stronger during this tyme of his career with songs such as Hurt etc - okay -

karlos, no apology is necessary, but I do not live in a world where Elvis either looked or sang great in 1976-77.

Yes, at that time he could pull off a good show, or a good song here and there, but to imagine even for a second fans were experiencing a healthy and engaged artist is pure folly. His voice is not even close to what people heard earlier in the decade, and matching that decline is his appearance. That is fact. We have photos, films and recordings as ample evidence. And I just find such false enthusiasm, so many years after his tragic passing, just shameful. Yes, Elvis was still drawing a crowd, but it was because of what he once was, not what people saw on stage in that period.

To act as if nothing was wrong, even now, makes it seem like his entire career was a mirage. It was not.

Elvis made great records, he made some good movies, he shook up America on TV in the '50s and in 1968, he brought joy to millions, he changed the world -- but he was not a deity, and he died far too young, at 42, and primarily because of personal issues he could not conquer. We bring honor to his life and legacy not only by praising the good, but also by accepting the not-so-good.

....................................................................................................................................

Ok Dr . john Carpenter - Point taken - thanks - yes to a certain point I do agree with ya view - But you must remember that Elvis was human yea - and yes he was much younger in 50's - 68 ,. Agree on this - thanks - he surely had a voice too - During 76 - 77 yes he was ill due ta touring etc - he still had voice - pl. have a listen to songs like Hurt , When No One Stands Alone from Feb '77 At Montgomery - I agreewith you too John - Elvis was taken away from us at a young age of 42 . Long Live his name and legend -
Ty for reading this - have a good week n happy hols to you -

Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:17 pm

Enjoy these
TCE 4Ever

Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:08 pm

karlos wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
karlos wrote:

....................................................................................................................................

Ok Dr . john Carpenter - Point taken - thanks - yes to a certain point I do agree with ya view - But you must remember that Elvis was human yea - and yes he was much younger in 50's - 68 ,. Agree on this - thanks - he surely had a voice too - During 76 - 77 yes he was ill due ta touring etc - he still had voice - pl. have a listen to songs like Hurt , When No One Stands Alone from Feb '77 At Montgomery - I agreewith you too John - Elvis was taken away from us at a young age of 42 . Long Live his name and legend -
Ty for reading this - have a good week n happy hols to you -

Actually I think Where Noone Stands Alone is a very good example of the opposite. Compare it closely to the 1966-version and you can't deny the decline in voice power an voice controll. In 1976 and 1977 Elvis was for the most part simply not a good singer technically, even though he could still express strong emotions through his voice.

And for his looks the decline was regretfully was even worse.