Off Topic Messages

Re: Would you pay 300 dollars to meet TCB band?

Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:12 pm

Pete Dube wrote:As Rob's business manager I'm happy to announce our special Holiday season rates for the following activities with Rob:
Rob Serenading You With Speedwagon: $100
Snuggling With Rob: $100
Rob Modeling Short-shorts For You: $75.00 (He's gained a few pounds from Holiday eating so I had to knock an additional $25 off.)
Showering With Rob: $250
The All-Of-The-Above Special: $500

If I pay $250, could I sing "Ito Eats" with Rob?

Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:07 pm

Renan wrote:
Pete Dube wrote:As Rob's business manager I'm happy to announce our special Holiday season rates for the following activities with Rob:
Rob Modeling Short-shorts For You: $75.00 (He's gained a few pounds from Holiday eating so I had to knock an additional $25 off.)

Renan, I just checked with Rob, and he'd prefer you pick another song. He's just not comfortable with the two of you singing the lines "Eat a little faster, eat a little slower" while taking a shower together.

But as his business manager, I say that if you're willing to pay $300 bucks you can sing any doggone thing you want. I'm not above exploiting my client now and again if it means more money in my pocket.

Colonel Pete Dube

Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:01 pm

Pete Dube wrote:
Renan wrote:

Renan, I just checked with Rob, and he'd prefer you pick another song. He's just not comfortable with the two of you singing the lines "Eat a little faster, eat a little slower" while taking a shower together.

But as his business manager, I say that if you're willing to pay $300 bucks you can sing any doggone thing you want. I'm not above exploiting my client now and again if it means more money in my pocket.

Colonel Pete Dube

Thank you Pete.

I did not think about the "eat a little faster, eat a little slower" part. Let's concentrate in the 1976 setlists.

Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:57 am

Renan wrote:
Thank you Pete.

I did not think about the "eat a little faster, eat a little slower" part. Let's concentrate in the 1976 setlists.

Renan, the 1976 set lists won't work. That would mean Fg76 would have to be in the shower with you and Rob, and there just ain't no way Rob will ever go for that. There are certain lines Rob will never cross, and that's one of them. But I'll tell you what we'll do for you: for $300 you get to sing "Scratch my back, and I'll scratch yours" in the shower with Rob, and as a special added bonus I'll dress up as an Elvis duck and sing Old Macdonald.

Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:24 am

Pete Dube wrote:
Renan wrote:
Thank you Pete.

Renan, the 1976 set lists won't work. That would mean Fg76 would have to be in the shower with you and Rob, and there just ain't no way Rob will ever go for that. There are certain lines Rob will never cross, and that's one of them. But I'll tell you what we'll do for you: for $300 you get to sing "Scratch my back, and I'll scratch yours" in the shower with Rob, and as a special added bonus I'll dress up as an Elvis duck and sing Old Macdonald.

$300 for that? A good offer but not THAT good. We would have to add DJC in the package to sing "My Boy" in the shower. That would be worth the money.

Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:43 am

Renan wrote:$300 for that? A good offer but not THAT good. We would have to add DJC in the package to sing "My Boy" in the shower. That would be worth the money.

:lol:

Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:24 am

They're doing another tour round Europe this month, and I'm going to the Milan one on the 15th, which is to celebrate the Aloha Anniversary.
List includes James Burton, Ronnie Tutt, Glen D. Hardin, Norbert Putnam, Joe Moscheo, Terry Blackwood and Jerry Schilling (who is coming in place of Joe Esposito, who had to pull out), plus singer Derek Jale.
They have limited the meet and greet before the show to the first 50 people who bought tickets, and the price, including the seat for the show, was around €55.
Other tickets are €55/45/40 depending on vicinity to the stage.
$300 is extortionate, and I would assume it's the organisers who decide what to charge for actual tickets. On the other hand the venue may be costly, and flights etc: the show in Milan is in a not particularly famous 600-seat theatre.

Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:31 pm

Supply and demand.....I paid 40£ to meet Gill Anderson last yr and 40£ per sig , nobodys forced.

Tyson was charging 100£ to sign boxing glove and had I been a boxing fan I might very well have considered it......priorities in the end , to some itll be a waste.

Id pay 300$ for meet and greet with say , de Niro or Walken......expensive sure , but its de Niro or Walken were talkin bout :mrgreen:

Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:11 am

JaneTLC wrote:They're doing another tour round Europe this month, and I'm going to the Milan one on the 15th, which is to celebrate the Aloha Anniversary.
List includes James Burton, Ronnie Tutt, Glen D. Hardin, Norbert Putnam, Joe Moscheo, Terry Blackwood and Jerry Schilling (who is coming in place of Joe Esposito, who had to pull out), plus singer Derek Jale.

Jane, I made a good friendship with Joe Moscheo and Terry Blackwood. If by any chance you meet them, tell the twin brothers (they will know it is us) from Brazil have said hello and are waiting them in October in Brazil.

Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:45 pm

I will try, Renan.
I'm supposed to be assisting with the translating so hope to actually meet people. If I get pics I'll post them here too :)

Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:25 pm

I had lunch with them for free! Hell, Jerry even rung me to let me know where to meet them!

Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:04 am

Show-off :lol:

Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:49 am

Thanks to TCB band who went above and beyond the duty to sign for fans in Oslo even though they were tired.......glory , glory hallelujah indeed.

Respect !!!

:D :idea: :mrgreen:

Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:48 am

Same in Italy (Milan) on Tuesday.
I don't want to go into great detail but the meet and greet beforehand wasn't well planned out, so they had to sit and sign for well over an hour at the end.
They are incredibly patient and gracious.

I have a number of pics, including me with Norbert and me with Jerry, but cannot upload them as I can't figure out how since the place changed.
Last edited by JaneTLC on Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:53 am

Oh, just sussed it.
Here are the autographs I got at the end.
I missed Paul Leim, for some reason :?

I also missed the singer, Dennis Jale, who actually did a neat job, no imitation, either vocal or visual.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.