Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

What's next in 2013?

Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:03 am

This was a great summer for Elvis material. Little Mama, IFTRTF, and The Brilliant Boy From Tupelo Set.....

Also, PFAP - which I really don't have too much of an interest in.

So what's next in 2013? Doc, help us out here.

Are we going to be surprised with Rock Around The Clock?

Was the wire acquired for IFTRTF? If so, are they saving it for an awesome upcoming release?

Does anyone know if other Home Recordings exist?

Re: What's next in 2013?

Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:58 am

ElvisTheKid wrote:So what's next in 2013 ?

From what I've heard, more new releases.

Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:24 am

ElvisTheKid wrote:This was a great summer for Elvis material. Little Mama, IFTRTF, and The Brilliant Boy From Tupelo Set.....

Was the wire acquired for IFTRTF? If so, are they saving it for an awesome upcoming release?

I think the chance we are going to hear new Sun material is quite small. The wire recording of IFTRTF will probably appear on some kind of official release somewhere in the year. Also i do have a feeling 2013 is not going to be a spectacular year. We will get our bunch of FTDs, probably with the remainder of the 1969 sessions - which I very much look forward to. But new projects like ABFT or PFAP I do not expect.

If I can think of a dream release it would be the FTD of the second album ELVIS. This one is far from my favourite album and outtakes are most likely gone lost. But imagine this FTD Classic Edition is released with the rumoured to existDecember 15, 1956 rehearsals (viewtopic.php?f=1&t=65040), the previously released December 15 1956 Hayride concert and the Ed Sullivan Shows of September 9, October 28 and January 6. And if no outtakes are available, maybe some alternate versions of the known masters from MSD sessions (December 4, 1956) and the alternate take of Old Shep can also be included.

Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:14 pm

ElvisTheKid wrote:This was a great summer for Elvis material. Little Mama, IFTRTF, and The Brilliant Boy From Tupelo Set.....

ElvisTheKid, as I can see you have a soft spot for 50's Elvis, SUN era etc, just like me.
"Rock Around The Clock" is always a possibility because it DOES exist, but Ernst failed to find the owner, because when he heard an audio sample recorded with the dictaphone he thought the quality was too bad for words, but it WASN'T the original acetate he was listening to...
It's also a pity some reporter found out the he recorded over 1955 live version of "Pledging my love".
If the technology is able to recover erased audio, we would hear the complete "Good Rockin' Tonight" session which was recorded over by Sam with The Prisonaires recording session.
I dream that someday we will be able to hear February 5 1955 SUN session with the second version of "Trying to get to you" and two versions (including a master) of "I got a woman".- its probably my biggest dream ;)
I think we will get like nothing from this list, but there is a possibility some live performance may surface (like IFTRTF)
As for the 70's there will be second rehearsal recorded by Don Lance in August 1972.

Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:29 pm

It would be great to get an official CD set for 1957 and/or 1958 along the lines of Young Man With The Big Beat...

Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:46 pm

2013 what is going to be new? Nothing I don't think - the bickering and moaning will continue by some of the participants on this immature noticeboard just the way its always been.
So, could 2013 be different???????????????? just to have something different please............just for one year.................... :?:

Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:38 pm

Most likely another rehash of Aloha, being the 40th anniversary. But I would really like to hear a complete Dorsey Brothers package. A DVD would be cool too.

Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:11 pm

Separate commercial release from collectors releases. After the complete masters, big beat (56), PFAP and the recent Legacy double cd's they can come up with an Legancy 40th ann Aloha (please audio only we have the dvd's). And maybe there is some other commercial project to think of.
FTD wise we had this year some classic albums, stage rehearsals, live soundboard and offcourse the Tupelo Boy set. In the can there must be vol. 2 of G.I. Blues.
Other classic albums like: From Elvis In Memphis, Moody Blue, Elvis In Concert, or harder to fill classic albums like Elvis (56), King Creole, Roustabout, Kissin Cousins, Speedway, Christmas Album (57), Elvis for Everyone. But there are possibilities like things as Peace In The Valley with stereo 57 outtakes, or, Love Me Tender EP with outtakes. Maybe a complete new classic aldum like we had with WITC but now Flaming Star. I like the idea of a FTD Almost In Love and Let's Be Friends because they were for years the source for the 67/69 movie soundtracks like LALLAL, Charro, Change Of Habit, Stay Away Joe.
But it looks like we can see some day the end of the line for the classic albums. There will be enough regular FTD material like soudboards.

Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:57 am

When we get near the "end" and all FTD has left to offer is soundboards FTD and I will get a divorce.

Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:02 am

JerryNodak wrote:When we get near the "end" and all FTD has left to offer is soundboards FTD and I will get a divorce.

You'll still have your "Hits of the 70's" to treasure, Jerry.

Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:39 am

No one knows what may turn up we don't know anything bout EJ may have a few surpizes up his sleeve.Ithink more rehearsals might come out? EOT?What may be holding up Eot might be songwritters holding out for more money?
I'd like to see these come out in 2013.
Love me tender sessions
Peace in the valley with stereo outtakes from 57
Just for you with the remaining stereo outtakes.
From Elvis In memphis
Gi. blues vol 2
Us male remaining 1967/1968 sessions unedited
Stay away Joe 1967/1968 soundtrack sessions
Elvis 1960-1966 using remaining complete takes that werent included on the classic album cds in volumes.focus on certain years on each volume.Theres enough for a few vols according to Keith's site.

Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:40 am

elvisalisellers wrote:
JerryNodak wrote:When we get near the "end" and all FTD has left to offer is soundboards FTD and I will get a divorce.

You'll still have your "Hits of the 70's" to treasure, Jerry.

Yes I will, and I will still be enjoying it.
Last edited by JerryNodak on Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:43 am

My main interest is for Classics albums: mainly From Elvis In Memphis, Flaming Star, the second volume for G.I. Blues, and a "new" Trouble With Girls that could make a nice single soundtrack too. Naturally, Aloha 73 could also be presented like Prince From Another Planet, I suppose: why not if the Dress Rehearsal receive an upgraded proper mix. And we might see some innovation on how the small (or so called) movie soundtrack sessions will be treated. It's a about time we get a definitive solution for these.

Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:56 am

Love Me Tender
Flaming Star
GI Blues II
Guitar Man II

If any of the movie sessions have been found, that have been missing, they could come out also.

Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:20 am

We'll probably get a deluxe edition of the Aloha From Hawaii album 40th Anniversary release featuring the unreleased (without horrible computerized remix) dress rehearsal and a nice booklet.

Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:58 pm

SuspiciousMind wrote:We'll probably get a deluxe edition of the Aloha From Hawaii album 40th Anniversary release featuring the unreleased (without horrible computerized remix) dress rehearsal and a nice booklet.
Counting the mono and "stereo" versions, Love Me Tender could make a welcomed single cd soundtrack too in our FTD Classics collection. As for the 1957 Christmas album: there again the binaural versions of the gospel segment could make a full set of songs on a single cd. I guess Ernst is still waiting just in case something would turn up. Slim chances maybe in this case, but you never know and there are other complete sessions to be released in the meantime, as mentionned in the above Ritche Valens message.I think Ernst is wise to wait for the incomplete sessions tapes as far as possible. But at some point, he'll have to release what's available somehow.

Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:11 pm

Tornado wrote:
SuspiciousMind wrote:We'll probably get a deluxe edition of the Aloha From Hawaii album 40th Anniversary release featuring the unreleased (without horrible computerized remix) dress rehearsal and a nice booklet.
Counting the mono and "stereo" versions, Love Me Tender could make a welcomed single cd soundtrack too in our FTD Classics collection. As for the 1957 Christmas album: there again the binaural versions of the gospel segment could make a full set of songs on a single cd. I guess Ernst is still waiting just in case something would turn up. Slim chances maybe in this case, but you never know and there are other complete sessions to be released in the meantime, as mentionned in the above Ritche Valens message.I think Ernst is wise to wait for the incomplete sessions tapes as far as possible. But at some point, he'll have to release what's available somehow.

I was referring to the main label release. I have no idea what will come out on FTD with the exception of the 'Classic Album' series.

Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:34 am

Anyone mentioned Roustabout ?

Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:28 am

ritchie valens wrote:No one knows what may turn up we don't know anything bout EJ may have a few surpizes up his sleeve.Ithink more rehearsals might come out? EOT?What may be holding up Eot might be songwritters holding out for more money?
I'd like to see these come out in 2013.
Love me tender sessions
Peace in the valley with stereo outtakes from 57
Just for you with the remaining stereo outtakes.
From Elvis In memphis
Gi. blues vol 2
Us male remaining 1967/1968 sessions unedited
Stay away Joe 1967/1968 soundtrack sessions
Elvis 1960-1966 using remaining complete takes that werent included on the classic album cds in volumes.focus on certain years on each volume.Theres enough for a few vols according to Keith's site.

Forget the above want list. I want EIC in all its glory... with a sundial theme booklet...sundial suit pics, the whole friggin bit.

This would make a great alternate cover.....

Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:12 pm

Were all of four "Love Me Tender" soundtrack songs recorded in parallel in stereo by Fox using 35 mm magnetic tape. We know that the song "love Me Tender" survives in stereo. What about the alternate takes of that song and masters and alternates for the other three?

Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:26 pm

monkboughtlunch wrote:Were all of four "Love Me Tender" soundtrack songs recorded in parallel in stereo by Fox using 35 mm magnetic tape. We know that the song "love Me Tender" survives in stereo. What about the alternate takes of that song and masters and alternates for the other three?

The Double Features Jaihhouse Rock/ Love Tender answers that question for a good part. We're Gonna Move also has a stereo version presented there and so others. But we'll get the complete spectrum only when FTD decided to release the session on their own label: let's hope next year.

Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:43 pm

Robt wrote:Anyone mentioned Roustabout ?

I would have mentionned it, only we know that the session tapes are sadly missing in the vaults for unknown reasons. We also know that there was a problem with the original song title "I'm Roustabout" considered too rough for the puritain ears of Mr Hall Wallis. Elvis obliged and re-recorded a new title song wich became "Routabout" we all heard on the Lp album that came out. Let me jsut add that I love the Roustabout soundtrack, wich is rather short in lenght by the way. So it easy to figure that Ernst is searching and hopes to find those lost tapes hence the delay put upon it for the moment. I'm pretty sure, that if he finds those tapes, he'll will make a priority of it

Same goes for Kissin' Cousins, another favorite of mine, where Elvis only added his voice to pre-recorded instrumental tracks done priorly in Nashvillle: great sound to my ears, but no outtakes are really available. Like Roustabout, it makes a rather short listening for a full price FTD release. I'll take it probably anyway. I'm not being rational here. But if no outtakes is found for Roustabout, it begs the question as to how much are we willing to pay for something (songs) we already have. Is a 2 cd set of Kissin' Cousins & Roustabout on FTD a solution then? Hard to say. Surely that would be a plan B solution in case nothing shows up.

Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:01 am

I'm actually quite surprised that Sony/FTD have not made any forthcoming announcements!~ usually around Elvis's Birthday is a great time to announce something-even the next 3 FTD's!~ :?

Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:45 am

Tornado wrote: Is a 2 cd set of Kissin' Cousins & Roustabout on FTD a solution then?

Absolutely not. Roustabout was a #1 hit album and should receive it's very own FTD classic album treatment.

An FTD release could include:
1. Original stereo album mix with remastered sound
2. The few alternate takes that Ernst does have access to
3. "I'm A Roustabout"
4. Original mono album mix with remastered sound

Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:22 am

What about the original Elvis' Christmas Album, including whatever snippets there are, including the gospel songs with outtakes and binaural versions. Could easily make up at least one single FTD?? :roll: