Post here your Elvis' pictures

Barbara Leigh ??

Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:15 pm

Hello, I was wondering who was the girl that would be right Barbara Leigh thank you for your help ::rocks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Barbara Leigh ??

Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:21 pm

I believe it is indeed Barbara Leigh, same picture can be seen here.

http://www.elvispresleypedia.com/epedia ... riends.htm

Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:40 pm

thanks you Julian , finally it is not Barbara Leigh, a friend was able to send the photo Barbara who confirmed that it was not her and returned to Vegas this photo taken in 1970
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:26 pm

she wasn't that hot. Surprised Elvis thought she was. he had been with prettier.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:34 pm

DEH wrote:she wasn't that hot. Surprised Elvis thought she was. he had been with prettier.

She doesn't look as beautiful in that picture as some of the others of her that i've seen.

I thought she was beautiful and going by her 1977 playboy photo shoot she had a nice body.

More attractive than Joyce Bova anyway.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:35 pm

This photo shoot? :wink:

Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:11 am

No.

That's her 1973 playboy photo shoot.

Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:13 am

claude 91 wrote:thanks you Julian , finally it is not Barbara Leigh, a friend was able to send the photo Barbara who confirmed that it was not her and returned to Vegas this photo taken in 1970

Is this definitely August 14, 1970?

Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:20 am

she must have had some charms to keep Elvis, McQueen and Aubrey all on the go at once.........lol

Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:33 am

DEH wrote:she wasn't that hot. Surprised Elvis thought she was. he had been with prettier.

For some reason, Elvis liked ugly girls.

710500_Vogue_Barbara Leigh_02.JPG
Vogue, May 1971

710500_Vogue_Barbara Leigh_01.JPG
Vogue, May 1971

Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:36 am

claude 91 wrote:thanks you Julian , finally it is not Barbara Leigh, a friend was able to send the photo Barbara who confirmed that it was not her and returned to Vegas this photo taken in 1970 ...

It's not from 1970.

741200_Lyle_St. John_Leigh at Caesar's Palace.JPG
Actresses Barbara Lyle, Jessica St. John, Barbara Leigh - Caesar's Palace, December 1974

Photo likely taken at Sammy Davis Jr.'s headlining gig in the Circus Maximus showroom at Caesar's Palace in December 1974, his first in a long while (see invite on table).

As for the original photo in the first post, that woman has been misidentified as Barbara Leigh for years, despite efforts to convince people otherwise.

Note that the girl does not resemble Leigh, and the screen capture is TTWII footage filmed before Barbara met Elvis.
Last edited by drjohncarpenter on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:03 pm

She wasn't ugly at all!

Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:45 pm

http://www.barbaraleigh.net/Personal_Pictures.php

Good eye, Doc :wink:

Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:30 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:

For some reason, Elvis liked ugly girls.

710500_Vogue_Barbara Leigh_02.JPG
Vogue, May 1971

710500_Vogue_Barbara Leigh_01.JPG
Vogue, May 1971

Thanks for clearing that up, because I also agree she is very sexy.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:12 am

hilton22000 wrote:http://www.barbaraleigh.net/Personal_Pictures.php

Good eye, Doc :wink:

Thanks. I found a photo of the same three at an Elvis show in 1974:

740800_St. John_Leigh_Lyle at Hilton MS.JPG
Actresses Jessica St. John, Barbara Leigh and Barbara Lyle - Las Vegas Hilton, circa August 1974
Note: 1974 Las Vegas Hilton table menus
Caption by Leigh: "Elvis's late show and the last time Jess, Barbara Lyle or me watched E perform live - was a great show."
http://www.barbaraleigh.net/Personal_Pictures.php

740800_Las Vegas Hilton Summer Festival Menu.JPG
Las Vegas Hilton Table Menu, 1974

Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:57 pm

From an interview

When and how did you first meet Elvis Presley?

Leigh: Elvis was introduced to me through my boyfriend, Jim Aubrey, who was the president of MGM studios at the time. He was a powerful player in Hollywood and was the inspiration for Jacqueline Susan's famous book and movie "The Love Machine." Jim took me to see Elvis' show at the Las Vegas Hilton in August 1970 because he was making arrangements for MGM to distribute, "Elvis: That's the Way It Is.". After the show we were invited to meet the King back in his private dressing room. I met Elvis face-to-face when he sat down next to me, staring directly into my eyes. He spotted me in the audience that night and was prepared to get my phone number that night without anyone seeing

Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:15 am

My curiosity knows no boundaries. I did a little more digging, and determined that Barbara Leigh and her friends likely attended Sammy Davis Jr.'s headlining gig in the Circus Maximus Showroom at Caesar's Palace in December 1974, his first in quite a while:

Jet Dec 19, 1974 p60.JPG
Jet, December 19, 1974

Jet Dec 19, 1974 p61.JPG
Jet, December 19, 1974

Jet Dec 19, 1974 p62.jpg
Jet, December 19, 1974

Jet Dec 19, 1974 p63.JPG
Jet, December 19, 1974

Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:59 pm

barbara leigh a few days ago at work.

Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:23 pm

daz cav wrote:barbara leigh a few days ago at work.

121208_barbara leigh.jpg

How neat! She is still so lovely.

Do you work with Barbara Leigh? Her website lists efforts with both charitable organizations as well as work in real estate and with Playboy (!).

Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:14 am

Hi Doc, No im only friends with her via facebook. Barbara is a lovely lady indeed.

Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:28 pm

Thanks for the current pic. Barbara is still a beauty!

Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:27 am

daz cav wrote:Hi Doc, No im only friends with her via facebook. Barbara is a lovely lady indeed.

Tell her the crazy Elvis fans still fondly remember her.

Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:33 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
daz cav wrote:Hi Doc, No im only friends with her via facebook. Barbara is a lovely lady indeed.

Will do Doc, Ill try get some of her thoughts to post here soon. ::rocks

Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:17 am

daz cav wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Will do Doc, Ill try get some of her thoughts to post here soon. ::rocks

That would be neat. If she remembers when she first saw Elvis at the International (as MGM honcho Jim Aubrey's date), or exactly how long they stayed in touch, that would be insightful. Also, what are her thoughts on Elvis, 1974-1977?

Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:31 pm

Also, ask her where she got the turquiose necklace in the photo from Cesars Palace in December - could she have collected it as a keepsake from our hero? Perhaps the rascal that was Elvis was still interested in her.

It looks very similar to this one!

Turquoise.jpg