Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Just ordered more FTD CDs today!

Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:21 am

Gotta admit, it's pretty exciting placing an order for FTD CDs. Sort of like going to a speakeasy that only the hip are aware of. The masses get the Legacy Edition releases, the cool fans get the FTDs. Anyhow, I digress. Today I ordered the following from ShopElvis:

Our Memories of Elvis Volume 1, 2, 3 FTD CD
From Elvis Presley Boulevard FTD CD
Elvis Presley: Back in Memphis FTD CD

I'm being a little selective in my FTD purchases, not buying all the live releases and soundtracks for instance. I prefer the 2CD Classic Album editions but do make a few exceptions. Combined with A Boy From Tupelo and Prince From Another Planet it's been a stellar year to be an Elvis fan!

Tom

Re: Just ordered more FTD CDs today!

Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:22 am

You rock, Tom!

Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:26 am

Rob wrote:You rock, Tom!

Thanks Rob!
::rocks

Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:41 am

I need to order myself a few FTDs.

Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:41 am

thistrain wrote:Our Memories of Elvis Volume 1, 2, 3 FTD CD

Tom

Dont know what you have already in your collection but this one should not
be a high priority :?

Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:43 am

Hope you enjoy these releases, Tom! Looks like you will have a really good Christmas!

rlj

Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:45 am

TCK_KING wrote:

Tom

Maybe true but nothing beats the "pure Elvis" sound doesn't it?
The Victrola boot sounds better though..

Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:46 am

TCK_KING wrote:

be a high priority

It obviously wasn't a high priority if he just now ordered it. But, you're right. If I were picking and choosing, I would pick and choose something else first.

However, it is now one less that he has to worry about later.

Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:07 am

TCK_KING wrote:

At least he didn't order "America."

Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:21 am

I know exactly how you feel, Tom. Having only recently discovered the full FTD range, I'm like a kid in a sweet shop with these :D
Enjoy your latest purchases, I shall be indulging in doing so again very soon ::rocks

Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:23 am

I still say America gets a bad rap. I can see why Ernst released it even with the less than ideal mix.

Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:54 am

TCK_KING wrote:

Tom

True,but the original albums were rare so I can see why Ernst chose to release them on FTD.

norrie

Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:56 am

I thought his name was thistrain!

Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:07 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:

Since you have shown yourself to be so obtuse on other subjects, I will inform you here that there is a difference between a name and a screenname or handle. The former is what one's parents provide (usually) at one's birth, and the latter is what one chooses upon signing up on a message board.

Brian (but you can call me bpmod, if you'd like)

Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:02 am

I just ordered 3000 South Paridise rd and Elvis Back in Memphis!! Looking forward to this!

Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:04 am

Thanks for the comments all! As for why I chose Our Memories of Elvis, basically I heard it was a great set and I really like the song selection. The 70's might be my favorite era of Elvis, probably not his best but my most favorite. So this should be an interesting listen, the 'Pure Elvis' sound.

As for my FTD collection, I have 21 titles and plan on getting more little by little. I don't want to own them all, they're pretty expensive and some I'd only listen to once or twice. Anyhow, here's the ones I already own:

A Boy from Tupelo, Elvis Presley, Elvis is Back, His Hand in Mine, How Great Thou Art, In Person, On Stage, That's The Way It Is, Elvis Country, Love Letters, Wonderful World of Christmas, Elvis Now, He Touched Me, Elvis/Fool, Raised on Rock, Good Times, Recorded Live on Stage in Memphis, Promised Land, Today, The Wonder of You, and New Year's Eve.

Any essential titles missing? I meant to order Pot Luck with Elvis and Something for Everybody today but forgot. However I don't think they're going anywhere. I don't have any soundtrack titles, kind of hate to stick my toe into that deep pool. Some are definitely worth having, like Loving You, Blue Hawaii, and G.I. Blues, but there's lots that aren't (I'm looking at you, Harum Scarum.)

Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:17 am

Well I know you say your a 70's fan but since you have seen sense and have a Boy From Tupelo you must get Jailhouse Rock vol 1 & 2.I would certainly rate them as essential.

norrie

Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:33 am

bpmod wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Since you have shown yourself to be so obtuse on other subjects, I will inform you here that there is a difference between a name and a screenname or handle. The former is what one's parents provide (usually) at one's birth, and the latter is what one chooses upon signing up on a message board.

Brian (but you can call me bpmod, if you'd like)

Wow, rudeness on this forum must be a disease.

I'm not obtuse about anything, but you are bereft of a funny bone.

Good luck in the real world. ;-)

Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:45 am

thistrain wrote:Anyhow, here's the ones I already own:

A Boy from Tupelo, Elvis Presley, Elvis is Back, His Hand in Mine, How Great Thou Art, In Person, On Stage, That's The Way It Is, Elvis Country, Love Letters, Wonderful World of Christmas, Elvis Now, He Touched Me, Elvis/Fool, Raised on Rock, Good Times, Recorded Live on Stage in Memphis, Promised Land, Today, The Wonder of You, and New Year's Eve.

Any essential titles missing? I meant to order Pot Luck with Elvis and Something for Everybody today but forgot. However I don't think they're going anywhere. I don't have any soundtrack titles, kind of hate to stick my toe into that deep pool. Some are definitely worth having, like Loving You, Blue Hawaii, and G.I. Blues, but there's lots that aren't (I'm looking at you, Harum Scarum.)

In addition to Pot Luck and Something For Everybody, Elvis Sings Guitar Man is essential - here's my review of it: http://www.elvis-collectors.com/review_guitarman.html

I would also highly recommend Elvis In Vegas.

Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:47 am

Matthew wrote:

In addition to Pot Luck and Something For Everybody, Elvis Sings Guitar Man is essential - here's my review of it: http://www.elvis-collectors.com/review_guitarman.html

Seconded.

norrie

Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:47 am

Matthew wrote:

A review that shows without doubt there is more than one worthwhile writer on this forum, if you don't mind me saying.

Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:48 am

Matthew wrote:In addition to Pot Luck and Something For Everybody, Elvis Sings Guitar Man is essential - here's my review of it: http://www.elvis-collectors.com/review_guitarman.html

It would be neat if you offered more reviews to FECC. That's a very nice piece of work.

Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:55 am

That was a cracking review Matthew.

Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:05 am

stevelecher wrote:I still say America gets a bad rap. I can see why Ernst released it even with the less than ideal mix.

I agree with you on this release. While the mix does leave a lot to be desired, this early '76 concert is not that bad. I am glad that FTD released this one for us.

rlj

Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:24 pm

norrie wrote:That was a cracking review Matthew.

Agreed