Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Elvis is 30

Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:18 pm

This shows that he wasn't totally off the teen radar in 1965. I would love to see the article. There's one on eBay now for $20.00 but that's a bit much for me at the moment.

Does anybody have a copy?

Have a happy.

Bob
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Elvis is 30

Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:32 pm

HoneyTalkNelson wrote:This shows that he wasn't totally off the teen radar in 1965. I would love to see the article. There's one on eBay now for $20.00 but that's a bit much for me at the moment.

Does anybody have a copy?

Have a happy.

Bob

I don't have this one but I tend not to collect magazines that are predominently full of other entertainers and only a page or 2 on Elvis, unless there is a rare photo or 2 included therein.

Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:01 pm

I had it back in the day and 30 seemed ancient to teens. I think the article did more harm than good being in '16' magazine. It made him seem passe to the current teenage scene. Then of course Do The Clam didnt help at all. The National Enquirer also ran an Elvis is 30 feature.

Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:59 pm

Most of the British music papers also proclamed 'Elvis is 30', I remember the 'Record Mirror' in particular having it splased across the front page in giant letters. As the first major teen sensation of the rock era, it was considered a big news story that he had reached the 'ripe old age' of 30. At the time he was certainly considered 'passed it' by many teenagers, At that time nobody thought that 'old' people would want r'n'r which was partly why Elvis and his management thought the movies the most secure future.

My young teenage staff thought it incredible that I, aged 28 in 1973 still listened to rock music. One said to me "I thought at your age you would prefer more gentle music" Off course these days you wouldn't get that response what with the likes of Mick Jagger still performing at 70, but times were different back then and Elvis was the first.