Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Chicago Double-Strike & Left A Good Job In The City- SA.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:51 am

Ciscoking wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:The cassette tape I have circulated at least 20 years ago, and is clearly someone in the audience recording the audio. It is only of Kahane getting booed off the stage, nothing else.

Okay,..that`s why I don`t have it..and don`t need it..thank you ...

If one cares about Elvis from a historical point of view, the tape is essential listening. It may have been the only time after 7-31-1969 that Elvis walked out on stage uncertain as to how he would be perceived by the audience. That is highly significant.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:12 am

John..it cannot be essential just hearing a crowd booing. The concert you mentioned is essential.
Elvis being uncertain or not and I have it..I have exactly 668 crowd reactions...I can live without this one..
without Elvis participation.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:25 am

Ciscoking wrote:... it cannot be essential just hearing a crowd booing.

It's not "just hearing a crowd booing." I've explained the significance, and if it's lost on you that's a shame.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:22 pm

I am still awaiting a reply from this 'producer' of this Bootleg.... time will tell but i would almost bet its NOT a pre-part of this forthcoming tape transfer,.. but i DO AGREE with the significance of the situation the Doc has pointed out!~ :lol:

Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:19 am

YDKM wrote:I am still awaiting a reply from this 'producer' of this Bootleg.... time will tell but i would almost bet its NOT a pre-part of this forthcoming tape transfer,.. but i DO AGREE with the significance of the situation the Doc has pointed out!~ :lol:

It is likely they are two separate recordings. Too bad.

Before Elvis came on at 9:15pm Jackie Kahane had tried to entertain but was basically booed off. With a chant "we want Elvis," Jackie relented in the end, saying "Ladies and gentlemen, you are 25,000 strong and I am only 1. You win."

http://www.elvisconcerts.com/real/msg01.htm

Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:29 am

Well i have heard from the producer.......
1.) photos from June 9th not good enough quality for cd cover.....but ok for inside booklet.
2.) recording does not have the Jackie Kahane inro act recording.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:21 pm

YDKM wrote:Well i have heard from the producer.......
1.) photos from June 9th not good enough quality for cd cover.....but ok for inside booklet.

Is the June 10th photo they have chosen good enough for the cover? :smt017

Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:01 pm

Henryk.... i only offer 'advice' etc and am NOT THE maker/producer..... so whatever i have said past/present/future i am only a slight influence on a 'product' ...and yes i always make suggestions/comments b4 AND after a bootleg release from SA. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:42 pm

YDKM wrote:Well i have heard from the producer.......

I think this would have done it easily...

... the best choice would have been the picture on page 12 in the booklet from "Prince From Another Planet".
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:47 pm

YDKM wrote:Henryk.... i only offer 'advice' etc and am NOT THE maker/producer..... so whatever i have said past/present/future i am only a slight influence on a 'product' ...and yes i always make suggestions/comments b4 AND after a bootleg release from SA. :roll: :roll: :roll:

I know you're NOT the person behind SA (I do know who is, though :D ) and the question was not really directed at you. I only hope the covers are not printed yet and the unflattering image can still be changed. That's all.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:56 pm

With so many pics around, it's hard to believe that none of the opening show are good enough for the cover.. weird....
Tunzi even hass two excellent books produced from the Garden shows, including stunning ones from the opening night...

The main thing however, will be the new source tape, looking forward to that!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:05 pm

And here are the samples...sound is GOOD !

5/1/77 ES sample 1

5/2/77 ES sample 2

This one is the AR of the year for me... :smt007

MSG 6/9/72 ES sample 1

MSG 6/9/72 ES sample 2
Last edited by Ciscoking on Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:30 pm

:D 8) Very impressed Ciscoking- thanks for posting. Chicago 'trying to get to you' and Hurt is incredable clear-almost like a soundboard!~
New York reminded me of excitement when i first heard college park in good quality.!~ :lol: :roll:
to actually HEAR how the audience reacted clearly to a fine version of 'bridge over troubled water' - well to hear that much already has made my day!~
funny how time slips away is clearer-maybe crowd were more settled by then, but 'Bridge' far from ruining the listening the audience reactions make it much more meaningful. I (already knew sa) WOULD be delivering on these releases and to myself these samples prove it!~ THANKS AGAIN for putting the link up here!~ 8) :smt007

Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:33 pm

No problem..my friend. :smt006

The MSG show is the most interesting AR we had this year..for sure..

Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:18 am

Ciscoking wrote:No problem..my friend. :smt006

The MSG show is the most interesting AR we had this year..for sure..

Elvis' first New York performance since Sunday, July 1, 1956 is an essential release for the hardcore collector, and if the tape is good quality that will be the icing on the cake.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:24 pm

:D Yes gave these 4 complete song samples another play and AGAIN i liken the sound of the New York show equal to College Park Maryland Straight Arrow release(which was also a blockbuster in my opinion)
i am NOT going to 'over enthuse' or 'embellish' what i have heard but for certain this is best i have ever heard sound wise from New York opening show it IS 'Good' and a release i eagerly await to fully enjoy!~ 8)

Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:28 pm

Please notice that we have completely new and better sounding sources for Chicago 77 and MSG 72.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:35 pm

The NYC show sounds very exciting! Thanks for the clips!

JEFF d
EP fan

Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:36 pm

hm80ep wrote:I only hope the covers are not printed yet and the unflattering image can still be changed. That's all.

AGREED!

Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:47 pm

Holy hell the 1977 clips sound fantastic, & Elvis sounds great!

Does the recording for the show on May 2nd sound as good??

JEFF d
EP fan

Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:57 pm

Jeff ..I made a little mistake....and amended it....the second sample is 5/2/77 ES..sorry..

Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:00 pm

Ciscoking wrote:Jeff ..I made a little mistake....and amended it....the second sample is 5/2/77 ES..sorry..

I am sooo getting this dbl cd, simply incredible sound for recordings this old made from the audience! Thank you for the clips

JEFF d
EP fan

Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:33 pm

I agree with everything that is written here..

The 1977 Chicago samples are VERY clear, even though my other sources are good, these two are better for sure.

As for NY, all i can say is... WOW, we finaly can hear it good, gone is the muffled sound.
A real winner!!

Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:53 pm

Ah thanks for clearing that up Ciscoking..... i wondered about the Hurt clip-because of the reprise!~ ah so May 2nd sounds almost like a soundboard too-GREAT!~ :lol:

Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:11 pm

Yep..the sound is fantastic..!..... ::rocks