Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Here Comes Santa Claus

Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:36 pm

Just heard this today at the shopping centre and thought it was a bit odd, never really heard a tune this old in a shopping centre before in this day and age, it's usually the bullshit commercially wrapped unenthusiastic modern singer.

Re: Here Comes Santa Claus

Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:18 pm

I heard "Merry Christmas baby" in my local Tesco last year. It was playing very quietly though.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:56 pm

Nearly every Christmas season I've heard Elvis in shopping malls. The last song I heard (this year) was "Blue Christmas."

MT

Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:22 am

Blue Christmas seems to be playing in every store I go in lately

Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:57 pm

Blue Christmas has never been a fave of mine, but it is a Christmas standard and I hear it
ad nauseum by Elvis (and others) everywhere. On the other hand, Here Comes Santa Claus is a fave of mine and always brings joy to my ears when I hear it by Elvis and others.

Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:20 pm

"Winter Wonderland" gets a lot of airplay around here.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:55 pm

My favorite Elvis Christmas song is "Santa Bring My Baby Back To Me".

Seems like that one doesn't get much play. :(

Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:42 pm

Mitch wrote:My favorite Elvis Christmas song is "Santa Bring My Baby Back To Me".

phpBB [video]

It's a fun song, but my favorite is "Blue Christmas" and, coincidentally, the first Elvis' song I heard when I was a little kid.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:58 pm

So far I've heard "Santa Claus Is Back in Town" a lot more than others with “Blue Christmas" coming in at #2. :smt114

phpBB [video]

Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:17 pm

Thanks JimmyCool,

I did like that video. :)

I took my Wife out for lunch today and low and behold they played "Santa Bring My Baby Back To Me".

After I just said they didn't play it anymore on the radio.

I think the D.J. was reading this message board and decided to play it today. :wink:

Wow, this board has special powers. :shock:

::rocks

Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:44 pm

today I heard Blue Christmas on the bus. the bus driver was listening to the radio and it came one

Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:20 pm

JimmyCool wrote:
Mitch wrote:My favorite Elvis Christmas song is "Santa Bring My Baby Back To Me".

phpBB [video]

It's a fun song, but my favorite is "Blue Christmas" and, coincidentally, the first Elvis' song I heard when I was a little kid.

This is a fave of mine, too - I have played it at all of my holiday parties this year ... it's short and cool!

Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:32 pm

JimmyCool wrote:

phpBB [video]

Did you do the video?

Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:31 am

elvisalisellers wrote:Did you do the video?

Nope, STAR did it :mrgreen:

Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:48 am

JimmyCool wrote:
elvisalisellers wrote:Did you do the video?

Nope, STAR did it :mrgreen:

Ah, thank you, Mr. Star. :smt002
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.