ColinB or Rob

ColinB
69%
Rob
31%

Total votes : 16

ColinB Politeness - Time to stay

Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:18 am

It seems I was amiss in leaving Rob out of this thread, for that I apologise. To this end please find the appropriate poll attached.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear friends and fellow Elvis fans,

I have been a member of this board for the past several years and have enjoyed sharing my 47 year interest in Elvis. You might be familiar with the 'Official I'm Leaving Thread' thread, or the 'Official I'm Back Thread' thread, two of my most popular threads.

Quite frankly, this person’s behavior to other members is great. Most recently, I've taken to using some of his more self-serving catchphrases ("Happy Birthday", "The late xxx" etc.) in the hope that it would make him realize how great he sounds, all to no avail. There are times when he contributes useful information, but it's done with such a complimentary attitude to others that it serves to highlight the significance of his findings. Why the moderators allow this to go unpraised is something that I do not understand.

I have, at times, toyed with the idea of defecting to 'the board that dare not speak it's name' but characters such as ColinB keep drawing me back.

Thank you for your time and I hope that you've enjoyed my contributions. I wish all of you the very best.

Cordially,

Del boy aka Delboy
Last edited by Delboy on Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: ColinB Politeness - Time to stay

Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:28 am

Delboy wrote:Dear friends and fellow Elvis fans,

I have been a member of this board for the past several years and have enjoyed sharing my 47 year interest in Elvis. You might be familiar with the 'Official I'm Leaving Thread' thread, or the 'Official I'm Back Thread' thread, two of my most popular threads.

Quite frankly, this person’s behavior to other members is great. Most recently, I've taken to using some of his more self-serving catchphrases ("Happy Birthday", "The late xxx" etc.) in the hope that it would make him realize how great he sounds, all to no avail. There are times when he contributes useful information, but it's done with such a complimentary attitude to others that it serves to highlight the significance of his findings. Why the moderators allow this to go unpraised is something that I do not understand.

I have, at times, toyed with the idea of defecting to 'the board that dare not speak it's name' but characters such as ColinB keep drawing me back.

Thank you for your time and I hope that you've enjoyed my contributions. I wish all of you the very best.

Cordially,

Del boy aka Delboy

+1

Post of the year! Of MANY years! Hot dang, that was good. 8)

rjm ::rocks

Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:38 am

ColinB rocks!

Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:42 am

a big plus one

Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:12 pm

I want to be like ColinB when I grow up! :smt038
...and like Rob too, of course!

Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:27 pm

Colin iz thee Coolest!! smt190

Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:35 pm

Agreed! ColinB is awesome. :smt026 :smt026 :cheers: :cheers:

Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:07 pm

ColinB! ColinB! ColinB! ColinB! ColinB! ColinB!

Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:09 pm

Rob does it for me..... :smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005

Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:52 pm

I couldn't vote either way - they probably are the two most endearing people on the forum!

Delboy - genius!!!

Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:26 pm

ColinB all the way!! that was easy. no competition at all

Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:17 am

And he's almost as handsome as me.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:28 am

ColinB and Rob is the reason that this forum exists.