Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: "Dark Moon" --> Elvis Takes On Bonnie Guitar

Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:46 am

monkboughtlunch wrote:Has the source tape been used for any CD release? Or was the source tape lost and NoNoised via a computer to remove the acetate static and pops? Anyone know what source was used on the Complete Masters box? Is it edited on CM or complete?

Not that I'm aware.

The 1966 home recordings as featured on 'A Golden Celebration' [1984] and 'The Home Recordings' [1999] are BOTH derived from an acetate source [surface noise can still be heard on the latter].
However, on 'THR' said tracks appear to have been cleaned up a touch, although are quite heavily noise reduced in the process. .

Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:16 am

The return over and over again to the chorus reminds me most of his unwillingness to let o of I'll Hold You In My Heart and the take of You'll Never Walk Alone on Platinum. In both of these cases, and Dark Moon, Presley's joy of music-making shines through.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:11 pm

elvisalisellers wrote:
monkboughtlunch wrote:Has the source tape been used for any CD release? Or was the source tape lost and NoNoised via a computer to remove the acetate static and pops? Anyone know what source was used on the Complete Masters box? Is it edited on CM or complete?

Not that I'm aware.

The 1966 home recordings as featured on 'A Golden Celebration' [1984] and 'The Home Recordings' [1999] are BOTH derived from an acetate source [surface noise can still be heard on the latter].
However, on 'THR' said tracks appear to have been cleaned up a touch, although are quite heavily noise reduced in the process. .

Does the original tape still exist? What source was used for Complete Masters that Reidel apparently mastered?

Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:47 pm

monkboughtlunch wrote:
elvisalisellers wrote:

Not that I'm aware.

However, on 'THR' said tracks appear to have been cleaned up a touch, although are quite heavily noise reduced in the process.

Does the original tape still exist? What source was used for Complete Masters that Reidel apparently mastered?

No idea. Have you tried asking Ernst?

TCM is still from the acetate source.