Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: FAKE "Most Talked About" US double Ep from same seller !

Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:38 pm

Unfortunately there are so many fake Wooden Heart stickers out it's hard to find an original. A collector known for selling fake Elvis signatures was also selling fake Wooden Heart stickers and fake Worlds Fair bonus photos for years.

Unless you have an original to make a comparison, you might be comparing a fake with another fake.

Stickers were placed on First pressings, and a limited qty in 1960... over 50 years ago.

One of the best guides telling a fake from an original is the sign of wear due to aging. If it looks too new, it's probably a fake.

I'd say this sticker is an original...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ELVIS-WOODEN-HE ... 4376077%26

Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:31 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

EPA4368 wrote:Unfortunately there are so many fake Wooden Heart stickers out it's hard to find an original. A collector known for selling fake Elvis signatures was also selling fake Wooden Heart stickers and fake Worlds Fair bonus photos for years.

Unless you have an original to make a comparison, you might be comparing a fake with another fake.

Stickers were placed on First pressings, and a limited qty in 1960... over 50 years ago.

One of the best guides telling a fake from an original is the sign of wear due to aging. If it looks too new, it's probably a fake.

Hummm, to me it is fake :shock:. I compared it with mine and there is a difference on the white letters :?, this is fuzzy my white letters are straight. Be careful!. Bye for now :smt006.

Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:46 pm

Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Hummm, to me it is fake :shock:. I compared it with mine and there is a difference on the white letters :?, this is fuzzy my white letters are straight. Be careful!. Bye for now :smt006.

Rumor has it from other collectors I've met over the years at record conventions I attended, Jerry got his information about the LP number at the bottom of the sticker is usually fuzzy and not nearly as sharp as the letters above from the same collector making the fakes.

Maybe the question to ask is... "Which one would be more difficult to replicate?"

First mono and stereo editions, released in October 1960 also used for second (11/63) and third (10/64) editions. Finding an original sticker attached to early pressings is very rare.

Years ago at a record convention, I met another collector that worked at the RCA plant in late 50's and early 60's and he said, "I’ve seen more fake Elvis "Wooden Heart" stickers and "Worlds Fair" bonus photos than originals.”

Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:26 pm

EPA4368 wrote:

Rumor has it from other collectors I've met over the years at record conventions I attended, Jerry got his information about the LP number at the bottom of the sticker is usually fuzzy and not nearly as sharp as the letters above from the same collector making the fakes.

Maybe the question to ask is... "Which one would be more difficult to replicate?"

First mono and stereo editions, released in October 1960 also used for second (11/63) and third (10/64) editions. Finding an original sticker attached to early pressings is very rare.

Years ago at a record convention, I met another collector that worked at the RCA plant in late 50's and early 60's and he said, "I’ve seen more fake Elvis "Wooden Heart" stickers and "Worlds Fair" bonus photos than originals.”

I´m very confused :?, are you saying that the one that I posted from my collection is fake and the one that you posted last is original? :shock:. Bye for now :smt006.

Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:40 pm

Not to burst anyones Bubble ,but 1st pressings of GI Blues never came with the Wooden Heart Sticker .
It was added in 1961 ,perhaps to let everybody know it was there (song) & keep it in the charts for another year which it did .
(not necessarily because of that however) but certainly the reason it is so rare .
I think the BL item is fake, but Mike's is real .

Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:36 pm

EPA4368 wrote:Unfortunately there are so many fake Wooden Heart stickers out it's hard to find an original. A collector known for selling fake Elvis signatures was also selling fake Wooden Heart stickers and fake Worlds Fair bonus photos for years.

I agree. Maybe I'm getting paranoid but the letters have not yellowed as they usually have. I can't say for sure but I'm not convinced yet that this isn't a fake. I wonder how the sticker got teared...

And how do I know mine is real? The sticker in my copy is aged and worn, the edges of the sticker are soft not sharp like in new stickers. I it very hard to explain but I don't think that kind of wear can be reproduced. It is identical with Mike's sticker.

Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:52 pm

EPA4368 wrote: A collector known for selling fake Elvis signatures was also selling fake Wooden Heart stickers and fake Worlds Fair bonus photos for years.

How very true. This known dealer has been ripping off Elvis collectors since the 70's with bogus items. Most recently on ebay with fake stickers, bonus photos, autographs, calendars, etc. It really is a shame he has been doing this for so long and has made a living out of it. (he also claimed to be Elvis' friend!)

Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:11 am

EPA4368 wrote:
Albert Goldman wrote:Mike,

How do you know the sticker on the LPM album is an original?

Because in my 30 years of collecting Elvis vinyl I had in my hands a fake one and an original one, so I am pretty sure that at least mine is original 8). Bye for now :smt006.

Albert Goldman brought up very good points.

I just would like to notice to you all that it is VERY IMPORTANT to be careful about the TOP OF THIS WOODEN HEART STICKER.

MIND YOU: ALL stickers that have a ROUNDED TOP where the 2 half of the heart end, ARE FAKES !

ORIGINALS MUST HAVE NO ROUNDED END ON TOP !

See scans herewith attached.

OTHER IMPORTANT THING: ORIGINALS MUST HAVE A REAL RED COLOR .

FAKES: got LIGHT RED....OR QUITE REDDISH-PINK COLORATION.

I'm sorry Mike....but your's looks non original. I'm not an authority and it's very hard to distinguish this kind of sticker. But if you go comparing the vary details on both originals & fakes you'll notice quite a lot of micro-differences.

This sticker has been counterfaked widely. 99.99% of such stickers on ebay are FAKES.

Watch out of SEALED-SHRINK LP's as well. 99.99% of them on ebay are homemade sealings-shrinks and are non-legit.

PS FOLLOW UP: Mike, did not want pushing/displaying your's as fake. I took your's just to compare with an original (in my humble opinion) as your's is the only one here attached as scan and in bigger format. Of course, you can take any other sticker that got ROUNDED TOP as sample. Hope you do not mind I used your's here to compare. As stated above, it's very very hard to distinguish original from fakes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:59 am

Hound Dog 2000 wrote:
EPA4368 wrote:

Because in my 30 years of collecting Elvis vinyl I had in my hands a fake one and an original one, so I am pretty sure that at least mine is original 8). Bye for now :smt006.

I just would like to notice to you all that it is VERY IMPORTANT to be careful about the TOP OF THIS WOODEN HEART STICKER.

MIND YOU: ALL stickers that have a ROUNDED TOP where the 2 half of the heart end, ARE FAKES !

I'm sorry Mike....but your's looks non original. I'm not an authority and it's very hard to distinguish this kind of sticker. But if you go comparing the vary details on both originals & fakes you'll notice quite a lot of micro-differences.

This sticker has been counterfaked widely. 99.99% of such stickers on ebay are FAKES.

Watch out of SEALED-SHRINK LP's as well. 99.99% of them on ebay are homemade sealings-shrinks and are non-legit.

PS FOLLOW UP: Mike, did not want pushing/displaying your's as fake. I took your's just to compare with an original (in my humble opinion) as your's is the only one here attached as scan and in bigger format. Of course, you can take any other sticker that got ROUNDED TOP as sample. Hope you do not mind I used your's here to compare. As stated above, it's very very hard to distinguish original from fakes.

Oh god, this is difficult! Thank you for your post.

In the latest Presleyana guide is a picture of this sticker and it has a rounded top. Is Osborne mistaken? And how do you know which one is the original?

Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:33 am

Hound Dog 2000 wrote:
EPA4368 wrote:

No problem Sir!. I take you as an authority on original Elvis memorabilia and can´t thank you enough for warning all of us Elvis fans about fake items smt125.

Having said this, I have made futher research on http://www.popsike.com/php/quicksearch. ... rt+sticker and although there are many copies sold all these years, I have taken some of these pictures and you can clearly see on some of them which are fake :shock:.

During my 30 years of collecting Elvis records I have had at least 4 or 5 copies in my hands of G.I.Blues with the sticker and I bought the current one that is in my collection because it was different from all the others :). I want to say that I still think that mine is an original sticker, I can´t explain how but it is. I think that Albert Goldman has explained it best! 8).

Could it be that there are several bootleggers making these different G.I.Blues stickers? :roll:. If all the collectors over here could place close pictures of their copies we could probably find out how an original sticker looks like. Thank you!. Bye for now :smt006.

To me this is original but it has round corners so from Hound Dog 2000 point of view it is fake!.

This is fake because of the strange red colour and the large "N" on Wooden, it is different!.

This is fake because of the strange red colour (more like light pink colour) as well!.

To me this also looks like an original but I don´t see well if it has round corners like Hound Dog 2000 stated as an original.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:39 am

Hound Dog 2000 wrote:
EPA4368 wrote:

It appears to me the easiest difference to spot is in the LPM/LSP part under the WODDEN HEART. The fonts appear smaller and less brighter on the originals I see posted.

No problem Sir!. I take you as an authority on original Elvis memorabilia and can´t thank you enough for warning all of us Elvis fans about fake items smt125.

Having said this, I have made futher research on http://www.popsike.com/php/quicksearch. ... rt+sticker and although there are many copies sold all these years, I have taken some of these pictures and you can clearly see on some of them which are fake :shock:.

During my 30 years of collecting Elvis records I have had at least 4 or 5 copies in my hands of G.I.Blues with the sticker and I bought the current one that is in my collection because it was different from all the others :). I want to say that I still think that mine is an original sticker, I can´t explain how but it is. I think that Albert Goldman has explained it best! 8).

Could it be that there are several bootleggers making these different G.I.Blues stickers? :roll:. If all the collectors over here could place close pictures of their copies we could probably find out how an original sticker looks like. Thank you!. Bye for now :smt006.

To me this is original but it has round corners so from Hound Dog 2000 point of view it is fake!.

This is fake because of the strange red colour and the large "N" on Wooden, it is different!.

This is fake because of the strange red colour (more like light pink colour) as well!.

To me this also looks like an original but I don´t see well if it has round corners like Hound Dog 2000 stated as an original.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:59 am

r&b wrote:

Hound Dog 2000 wrote:
EPA4368 wrote:

It appears to me the easiest difference to spot is in the LPM/LSP part under the WODDEN HEART. The fonts appear smaller and less brighter on the originals I see posted.

I don't know Mike....we have hundreds of such stickers out there and all of them differs from each other !

So, one question: WHY RCA would make them different each other ?

I do not think RCA used to play so foolish on making stickers....they had a business standards to comply with. They would not make stickers that way...putting out them with artwork & lettering by chance...one day pink...the day after with different fonts...one month after with rounded top...and so on....

Have you checked the MEASURES of the vary stickers you got ?

I have seen many of them considerated "legit" but they differed in measures each other...one was larger than an other one...others shorter than others...etc.

Too easy to duplicate stickers nowdays. Counterfakers got good graphic programs, good scanners, and very good printers as well !

Presleyana is NOT the collector Bible. It is a business oriented publication. I would not grant totally on it and would be very cautious about what the so-called "experts" write on it . On the last edition they put a lot of strange things there...see Gold 4 sticker.....Louisiana Hayride picture sleeves....and other stuff just sufaced from nowhere in the last years where the counterfaking technology improved impressively.

Have you ever asked yourself WHY all those "peculiar" Elvis stickers...shrinks..sealings...picture sleeves...etc....sorted out JUST in the last years along eBay AND the modern printing-graphic technology ???

Should be a link there.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:08 am

Hound Dog 2000 wrote:
EPA4368 wrote:

Yes, I still agree with you. And when I compared the font of the serial number in the stickers that we own I noticed that it is the same font that was also used in the stickers of A Date with Elvis and Elvis Is Back!. The sticker with more modern font which blrecords is selling is as fake as it can be (well, maybe the purple one is even more fake...). The price is now about 300 dollars and I guess that it is going to get higher. Somene is going to lose his/her money.

Anyway, I'm still pretty confident that Osborne has the right sticker in his price guide. Of course, I could be proven wrong, so please bring out the next evidence if you have it.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:15 am

Hound Dog 2000 wrote:
I don't know Mike....we have hundreds of such stickers out there and all of them differs from each other !

So, one question: WHY RCA would make them different each other ?

I do not think RCA used to play so foolish on making stickers....they had a business standards to comply with. They would not make stickers that way...putting out them with artwork & lettering by chance...one day pink...the day after with different fonts...one month after with rounded top...and so on....

I have seen many of them considerated "legit" but they differed in measures each other...one was larger than an other one...others shorter than others...etc.

Too easy to duplicate stickers nowdays. Counterfakers got good graphic programs, good scanners, and very good printers as well !

Presleyana is NOT the collector Bible. It is a business oriented publication. I would not grant totally on it and would be very cautious about what the so-called "experts" write on it . On the last edition they put a lot of strange things there...see Gold 4 sticker.....Louisiana Hayride picture sleeves....and other stuff just sufaced from nowhere in the last years where the counterfaking technology improved impressively.

Have you ever asked yourself WHY all those "peculiar" Elvis stickers...shrinks..sealings...picture sleeves...etc....sorted out JUST in the last years along eBay AND the modern printing-graphic technology ???

Should be a link there.

Intresting points. But how do you know that the ones with rounded top are fakes?

Presleyana is not a Bible, but for a collector like Osborne this should be relatively easy question - I guess.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:38 am

Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D. During my 30 years of collecting Elvis records I have had at least 4 or 5 copies in my hands of G.I.Blues with the sticker and I bought the current one that is in my collection because it was different from all the others :). I want to say that I still think that mine is an original sticker, I can´t explain how but it is. I think that Albert Goldman has explained it best! 8).

Great suggestion! Hopefully we will see more copies to help identify how to tell an original from a fake.

Thank you for posting BL listing. We all share the same goal with helping to warn all of us Elvis fans about fake items.

::rocks

Hound Dog 2000 wrote:Albert Goldman brought up very good points.

Talked to a few other Elvis collectors and they agree with Hound Dog's points identifying an original. They also mentioned what was posted earlier, "If it looks too new, it's not an original." Albert Goldman brought up some very good points about stickers looking too new.

Hound Dog 2000 wrote:So, one question: WHY RCA would make them different each other ?

Should be a link there.

I agree Presleyana is not the Bible. Until we find out his source, I'd be cautious.

Another excellent point the collectors mentioned as well.... "Have you ever asked yourself WHY are we seeing more very rare items?"

I can recall for years only seeing a few albums with stickers, and when I did... both albums and stickers were showing a lot of wear and aging. But it seem like overnight, almost every month a seller just bought a Elvis collection having multiple G.I. Blues albums with stickers or someone made a great find of albums with stickers being stored away for years. And all in near mint condition.

Albert Goldman wrote:
Intresting points. But how do you know that the ones with rounded top are fakes?

Presleyana is not a Bible, but for a collector like Osborne this should be relatively easy question - I guess.

I suggest passing information plus photos to Sean O'Neal to help answer how to tell an original from a fake.

Hopefully Sean will post information from this thread about the "Wooden Heart" sticker on his website in his "Is It Real" Section... Tips To Help You Buy Only Authentic Elvis Memorabilia...

http://www.elvispresleyblvd.com/avoidfake.html

Check out the Santa Calendar. I was the unlucky guy that purchase the fake calendar. It took almost three years to find an original to make the comparison. It was amazing how many other collectors also had a fake and were totally convince they had an original.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:34 pm

Here's another one with sticker. This seller (blrecords) appears to have many premium records on sale all the time. Anyone know who he / she is?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Elvis-G-I-Blu ... 5aec0cce3d

Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:47 pm

Tony.. wrote:Here's another one with sticker. This seller (blrecords) appears to have many premium records on sale all the time. Anyone know who he / she is?

Mike Windgren posted this seller's G.I. Blues with sticker listing earlier. It's on this thread. I've bought from Rick (birecords) many times over the years, didn't have any issues with any of the items but none were rare stuff.

Unfortunately birecords has listed - sold several fake items lately.

Trying to find an original to make a comparison is extremely difficult and the sellers know it. I’ve heard from many collectors over the years, there are more fakes out than originals for many of Elvis’ rare items.

What really makes it unfortunate for us Elvis fans, because the high value of Elvis’ rare items makes them an attractive target for the counterfeiter… these fake items are made and sold by a few well-known established Elvis dealer-experts.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:37 pm

EPA4368 wrote:
Tony.. wrote:Here's another one with sticker. This seller (blrecords) appears to have many premium records on sale all the time. Anyone know who he / she is?

Mike Windgren posted this seller's G.I. Blues with sticker listing earlier. It's on this thread. I've bought from Rick (birecords) many times over the years, didn't have any issues with any of the items but none were rare stuff.

Trying to find an original to make a comparison is extremely difficult and the sellers know it. I’ve heard from many collectors over the years, there are more fakes out than originals for many of Elvis’ rare items.

I was thinking of bidding on one of the many radio spots records he keeps listing - do you think I should take the risk then? Is he connected with Paul Lichter?

Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:02 pm

Tony.. wrote:
EPA4368 wrote:

I was thinking of bidding on one of the many radio spots records he keeps listing - do you think I should take the risk then? Is he connected with Paul Lichter?

Don't know if birecords is connected with Lichter.

I know this doesn't help but without doing any research, my advice is don't bid.

Like I posted earlier about my fake Santa Calendar, it took me almost three years to find an original to make the comparison. It was amazing how many other collectors also had a fake and were totally convince they had an original. I spent a lot of money to find out I bought a fake. But it was my fault. I should've done more research before buying it.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:46 pm

EPA4368 wrote:Like I posted earlier about my fake Santa Calendar, it took me almost three years to find an original to make the comparison. It was amazing how many other collectors also had a fake and were totally convince they had an original. I spent a lot of money to find out I bought a fake. But it was my fault. I should've done more research before buying it.

I have this calender that is related to LPM-2621 Girls! Girls! Girls!, bought it last year on ebay from a trusted seller, didn´t pay too much :lol: and it is in Near Mint condition. After doing some research and reading the website that explains the difference between the original and the fake, I am still not sure if mine is fake!. I think until I have an original in front of me to spot the difference I will not know :cry:. Bye for now :smt006.

LPM-2621 Girls! Girls! Girls!

Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:21 pm

EPA4368 wrote:Like I posted earlier about my fake Santa Calendar, it took me almost three years to find an original to make the comparison. It was amazing how many other collectors also had a fake and were totally convince they had an original. I spent a lot of money to find out I bought a fake. But it was my fault. I should've done more research before buying it.

I have this calender that is related to LPM-2621 Girls! Girls! Girls!, bought it last year on ebay from a trusted seller, didn´t pay too much :lol: and it is in Near Mint condition. After doing some research and reading the website that explains the difference between the original and the fake, I am still not sure if mine is fake!. I think until I have an original in front of me to spot the difference I will not know :cry:. Bye for now :smt006.

Here can't help much Mike. I do not collect Parker related items as I never liked Col Parker and did not want to have any image of him in my collection.
I got the regular Calendar with the LP's publicity on rear if I remind well.

Just to continue the previous discussion about the WH sticker, take in consideration the following aspects too:

1) counterfeiters had to keep for them very "micro-secrets" in order to distinguish themselves original items FROM fake items. In few words: when they counterfeit something, they always leave something DIFFERENT from the ORIGINAL as well. Perhaps, in case of the WH stkr, they made the ROUNDED TOP on purpose ! In order for them to identify these one from originals then. This theory can be applied (and most time found) to EVERY ELVIS RARE ITEM.

2) who sells shrinks can take same shrinks from OTHER LP's (and/or EP's) from same era and transfer them to the Elvis LP (and/or EP) they are going to sell. That's an other their strategy.

My advice: DO NOT buy MINT and/or SEALED Elvis items. Never.

As for shrinks, be very careful.

And , of course, forget and DO NOT buy :

- XMAS GOLD FOIL LOC-1035
- ALOHA CHICKEN OF THE SEA
- COLORED LP's & EP's
- THIS IS MY LIFE cartoon cover

Watch out also of Palm Sunday's LPs & MY BOY (Good Times LP) stickers. - GOLD 4 BONUS PHOTO ...and other Bonus Photos as well...

Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:07 am

Hound Dog 2000 wrote:

Here can't help much Mike. I do not collect Parker related items as I never liked Col Parker and did not want to have any image of him in my collection.
I got the regular Calendar with the LP's publicity on rear if I remind well.

Just to continue the previous discussion about the WH sticker, take in consideration the following aspects too:

1) counterfeiters had to keep for them very "micro-secrets" in order to distinguish themselves original items FROM fake items. In few words: when they counterfeit something, they always leave something DIFFERENT from the ORIGINAL as well. Perhaps, in case of the WH stkr, they made the ROUNDED TOP on purpose ! In order for them to identify these one from originals then. This theory can be applied (and most time found) to EVERY ELVIS RARE ITEM.

2) who sells shrinks can take same shrinks from OTHER LP's (and/or EP's) from same era and transfer them to the Elvis LP (and/or EP) they are going to sell. That's an other their strategy.

My advice: DO NOT buy MINT and/or SEALED Elvis items. Never.

As for shrinks, be very careful.

And , of course, forget and DO NOT buy :

- XMAS GOLD FOIL LOC-1035
- ALOHA CHICKEN OF THE SEA
- COLORED LP's & EP's
- THIS IS MY LIFE cartoon cover

Watch out also of Palm Sunday's LPs & MY BOY (Good Times LP) stickers. - GOLD 4 BONUS PHOTO ...and other Bonus Photos as well...

This is an original Gold 4 Bonus Photo 8) , had in my collection a fake one with a scratch under Elvis chin and this has not. Bought it from the nephew of a former secretary of Elvis. Paid a lot of money because he was a trusted seller!. Bye for now :smt006.

LSP-3921 ELVIS´GOLD RECORDS VOL 4

Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:37 pm

Holy cow!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390507318845?ss ... 1423.l2649

I'll try to post a picture of my sticker later.

Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:54 pm

Hi there :D :D :D.

Albert Goldman wrote:Holy cow!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390507318845?ss ... 1423.l2649

I'll try to post a picture of my sticker later.

Well you know warning was not enough to keep collectors away from bidding!. :roll:. Bye for now :smt006.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:29 am

Okay, here is my sticker.

As you can see, it is identical with Mike's copy. Unfortunately, mine is not in that good condition. A small piece of it has been torn. The tail of the heart is missing and it looks like it has been worn away - the missing piece has been in the same spot with ringwear. Fake or not, I think that the sticker has been in the cover of this album for a long time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.