Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: The New FTD Cd's

Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:20 am

my babe sounds way cool!, elvis does give a kick ass version with a wonderful James Burton solo to it!

Re: The New FTD Cd's

Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:35 am

Johnny2523 wrote:my babe sounds way cool!, elvis does give a kick ass version with a wonderful James Burton solo to it!


Pretty good version that runs for approx 3 minutes.

Re: The New FTD Cd's

Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:28 am

KingElvis wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:my babe sounds way cool!, elvis does give a kick ass version with a wonderful James Burton solo to it!


Pretty good version that runs for approx 3 minutes.


cool!~ but its not 3 minutes because its running 5% too slow is it?? :wink: :wink: :wink: :roll:

Re: The New FTD Cd's

Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:00 am

What about - 'What Now My Love' - love the ALOHA rehearsal version at the end when Elvis' voice just soars hopefully we will get good versions here...

Re: The New FTD Cd's

Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:47 am

Johnny2523 wrote:my babe sounds way cool!, elvis does give a kick ass version with a wonderful James Burton solo to it!


Indeed a very nice guitar solo
I wish elvis has done this more often

Re: The New FTD Cd's

Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:26 pm

I love that opening night 'my babe' version.... so if this is good too i am going to love this FTD!~ :) :D

Re: The New FTD Cd's

Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:18 pm

bpmod wrote:Um... what are you talking about?

Nobody knows.

Ever.

Re: The New FTD Cd's

Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:59 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:my babe sounds way cool!, elvis does give a kick ass version with a wonderful James Burton solo to it!


Great to read this!

Re: The New FTD Cd's

Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:03 pm

bpmod wrote:
Tony.. wrote:Do they not mention that they are supplying a bootlegged CD-R then when you pay your $40 or whatever it is then?????

Um... what are you talking about?

Brian

You stated / quoted;
They are definitely not more expensive than elsewhere. And with a couple of exceptions, every FTD I have ordered from elsewhere has either been counterfeit or had some other issue.

Brian

Re: The New FTD Cd's

Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:56 pm

Tony.. wrote:
bpmod wrote:
Tony.. wrote:Do they not mention that they are supplying a bootlegged CD-R then when you pay your $40 or whatever it is then?????

Um... what are you talking about?

Brian

You stated / quoted;
They are definitely not more expensive than elsewhere. And with a couple of exceptions, every FTD I have ordered from elsewhere has either been counterfeit or had some other issue.

Brian

So... what are you talking about then?

Brian

Re: The New FTD Cd's

Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:13 pm

anyone who wants to know about the quality
here is my babe with the JB Solo

phpBB [video]

Re: The New FTD Cd's

Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:35 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:anyone who wants to know about the quality
here is my babe with the JB Solo

phpBB [video]



This is a clip from Elvis Express Radio?
On Elvis Express Radio they said it was the rough version
this was not remasterd yet.

Re: The New FTD Cd's

Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:39 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:anyone who wants to know about the quality
here is my babe with the JB Solo
phpBB [video]


I like it, thanks!
...and apparently at the correct speed. :D

I heard a few stereo drop-outs, but no big deal. I'm sure getting this!

Re: The New FTD Cd's

Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:44 pm

Interesting to hear from a historical perspective but not a version that's the caliber of his 1969 performances... although it is only a rehearsal. The sound is fairly decent remastered or not. This recording sure doesn't sound slow...

Re: The New FTD Cd's

Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:25 pm

elvis-fan wrote:Interesting to hear from a historical perspective but not a version that's the caliber of his 1969 performances... although it is only a rehearsal. The sound is fairly decent remastered or not. This recording sure doesn't sound slow...


Not Another one :roll: Some say it's slow. Others say no. What a wonderful world we live in :mrgreen:

Re: The New FTD Cd's

Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:31 pm

a mess of polk salad wrote:What about - 'What Now My Love' - love the ALOHA rehearsal version at the end when Elvis' voice just soars hopefully we will get good versions here...


And hopefully without JD Sumner's pathetic voice at the end.

Re: The New FTD Cd's

Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:31 am

Excellent..... i love this version as Elvis just keeps it going + a cool solo from J.Burton..... fantastic!~ 8) 8) 8)

Re: The New FTD Cd's

Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:21 am

Daryl wrote:It seems to me that FTD is doing bonus tracks from the Memphis sessions based upon the singles primarily. I would have to guess that "Mama Liked The Roses" + any outtakes will be the only bonus track to be included along with "From Elvis In Memphis," given that Chips wanted that in place of "Power Of My Love" on the album. It seems FTD paired up "Suspicious Minds" on "Back In Memphis" with the B-Side, already featured on the album, "You'll Think Of Me."

I would have to guess then that FTD will likely do album treatments of both "Let's Be Friends" and "Almost In Love." Since "Almost In Love" already has the B-sides "Rubberneckin'" and "My Little Friend," I would have to presume then that those masters and outtakes along with "Don't Cry Daddy" + any outtakes and "Kentucky Rain" + outtakes will be included on "Almost In Love." Since "Let's Be Friends" features "If I'm A Fool (For Loving You)" and "I'll Be There," I would have to think that the outtakes of those along with the other two remaining album tracks from the Memphis sessions, "Hey Jude" + outtakes and "Who Am I" + any outtakes would likely then be included on the FTD treatment of "Let's Be Friends." Does that make any sense?

Daryl



That could be a solution, because FEIM will be filled to the lip with all the outtakes included. Besides, Let's Be Friend has a nice shot for cover related to the time period.

Re: The New FTD Cd's

Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:13 am

That sampling makes me glad I've already ordered my copy. Looking forward to this.....regardless

rlj

Re: The New FTD Cd's

Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:04 pm

BIM-FTD arrived in my mailbox today.......regarding bad language,take1 of SM is included unedited.
Running time of each disc is over 79 minutes (max possible)
Highlight for me are the complete SM session and a rehersal of "A little bit of green"......sadly Elvis`
is off-mike on parts of the song :(
Cant wait for FEIM......next year?

Re: The New FTD Cd's

Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:42 pm

:D :mrgreen:

Image

Re: The New FTD Cd's

Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:05 pm

Tornado wrote:
Daryl wrote:It seems to me that FTD is doing bonus tracks from the Memphis sessions based upon the singles primarily. I would have to guess that "Mama Liked The Roses" + any outtakes will be the only bonus track to be included along with "From Elvis In Memphis," given that Chips wanted that in place of "Power Of My Love" on the album. It seems FTD paired up "Suspicious Minds" on "Back In Memphis" with the B-Side, already featured on the album, "You'll Think Of Me."

I would have to guess then that FTD will likely do album treatments of both "Let's Be Friends" and "Almost In Love." Since "Almost In Love" already has the B-sides "Rubberneckin'" and "My Little Friend," I would have to presume then that those masters and outtakes along with "Don't Cry Daddy" + any outtakes and "Kentucky Rain" + outtakes will be included on "Almost In Love." Since "Let's Be Friends" features "If I'm A Fool (For Loving You)" and "I'll Be There," I would have to think that the outtakes of those along with the other two remaining album tracks from the Memphis sessions, "Hey Jude" + outtakes and "Who Am I" + any outtakes would likely then be included on the FTD treatment of "Let's Be Friends." Does that make any sense?

Daryl



Daryl, I though exactly the same thing....those extra songs should be on Let's be Friends and Almost in Love.
Maybe some will say that the Camdem records are not so "classic" but IMO those two are...most of their contents are not on other records or singles.
Months ago I posted a topic about it and came with this idea:

ALMOST IN LOVE - FTD

1. Almost in Love
2. Long Legged Girl (With the Short Dress On)
3. Edge of Reality
4. My Little Friend
5. A Little Less Conversation
6. Rubberneckin'
7. Clean Up Your Own Backyard
8. U.S. Male
9. Charro!
10. Stay Away

BONUS MASTERS:
Too much monkey bussines
Going home
Kentucky rain
Don’t cry daddy

OUTTAKES:
Almost in love (?)
Edge of reality
A little less conversation
Clean up your own backyard outtake (?)
US male (Wings of an Angel included)
Stay away
Too much monkey bussines
Going home
My Little Friend (?)
Rubberneckin'
Kentucky rain
Don’t cry daddy (?)


LET'S BE FRIENDS - FTD

1. Stay Away, Joe
2. If I'm a Fool (For Loving You)
3. Let's Be Friends
4. Let's Forget About the Stars
5. Mama
6. I'll Be There
7. Almost
8. Change of Habit
9. Have a Happy

BONUS MASTERS:
All I needed was the rain
Dominic
Signs Of The Zodiac
The Whiffenpoof Song
Violet
Swing low Sweet Chariot
Let us pray
Mama Liked the roses
Hey Jude
Who am I?

OUTTAKES:
Stay away joe
Let's be friends (?)
Let's forget about the stars (?)
Almost
Change of Habit (?)
Have a happy (?)
All I needed was the rain (?)
Swing low sweet chariot (?)
Let us pray
If I'm a Fool (For Loving You)
I'll Be There (?)
Mama Liked the roses (?)
Hey Jude
Who am I? (?)

Re: The New FTD Cd's

Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:40 pm

Elvis matters has the cd's
I cant wait to have it
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: The New FTD Cd's

Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:53 pm

TCK_KING wrote::D :mrgreen:

Image

Looking forward to Back In Memphis!!

Re: The New FTD Cd's

Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:08 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:anyone who wants to know about the quality
here is my babe with the JB Solo

phpBB [video]




Nice version - but bad quality. Again, something I would only play once.