Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Ken and Elizabeth Moore/ Elvis connection

Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:01 am

I wrote this page (most of it) last summer when I was corresponding with Russell Moore. At the time we planned to feature some of the pieces from his grandmother's collection. They were looking to sell some and I put them in touch with some of the collectors I know that might have had interest and I never heard anything again. After seeing EPE's announcement today about some new exhibits I thought I'd at least provide some background info where I suspect some of it originated and some of the players.

Check it out http://scottymoore.net/KEMoore.html

Jim

Re: Ken and Elizabeth Moore

Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:26 am

Thanks for this. Fascinating story, though quite sad, since Elizabeth Moore lost both husband and son, quite early. But he certainly had some adventures!

Again, many thanks; I plan to go back and really take a deep look at everything. At first I was so stunned by the story of what happened to Ken, then his son, that it was hard to concentrate. It's really good stuff!

rjm

::rocks

Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:31 am

All your pages are worth checking out -- nice work, as always!

I wonder how much of that November 10, 1957 color film will be on exhibit?

Might it have matching sound?

You may say I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one. ;-)

Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:41 am

Excellent. Thanks for posting. You really do have a superb, informative site.
::rocks

Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:44 am

Thanks, I'm glad you all enjoy it. I wish I could've had more to to share with you about her collection. Russell was going to supply pix but I think there may have been family issues and nothing more ever came of it. I was at least glad to put up Ken and Elizabeth's story in more detail.
Hopefully we'll get to see the footage at some point outside of an exhibit at Graceland. I would not hold much hope for sound at this point, 8mm didn't have that capability.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:45 am

Very cool James, it's always a pleasure reading and looking at what you do!

Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:47 pm

Thanks for the article.