Post here your Elvis' pictures

April 27 1969...New to anyone?

Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:09 pm

It was posted on facebook, didn't have a date but i'm presuming it's from the above date, second photo is a comparison from the same day :
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: April 27 1969...New to anyone?

Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:27 pm

Not new but still cool... I remember the first one from Jim Curtin's "Unseen Elvis" where it is titled as 'hiding a fever blister'. Here is another.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:33 pm

That fabulous image was also used on the front cover of Bilko's The Other Side Of Memphis quad "mix-down" CD.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:37 pm

Thanks for the info there Julian, had all the other photos from this day but not the one I posted....quite pleased with myself for getting the correct day on it, although some might argue it was obvious lol

Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:45 pm

Thanks Mr Eagle,new for me

Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:56 pm

Pleased it was for someone, cheers Ken ::rocks

Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:02 pm

Ty Aloha Eagle - new to me - ::rocks

Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:16 am

Best-looking fever blister I have ever seen! ;-)

Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:47 am

I've seen it, but thanks in any event! (Always nice to have a hi-res shot on the computer, and it's a great shot.)

He's holding a record. Interesting: "In The Ghetto" is said to have been released on April 14. So, I don't think it's that one. Hmmm.

rjm

Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:03 am

rjm wrote:I've seen it, but thanks in any event! (Always nice to have a hi-res shot on the computer, and it's a great shot.)

He's holding a record. Interesting: "In The Ghetto" is said to have been released on April 14. So, I don't think it's that one. Hmmm.

rjm

It's definitely not "In The Ghetto," RCA did not release it on 12" vinyl. It's either a record to sign from a fan, or perhaps some kind to test acetate -- maybe some of the "Change of Habit" tracks? Yes!!

Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:18 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:Best-looking fever blister I have ever seen! ;-)
It's either a record to sign from a fan, or perhaps some kind to test acetate -- maybe some of the "Change of Habit" tracks? Yes!!

A cold shower for the Doc for a couple of reasons there me thinks :lol:

Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:50 pm

Apparently Elvis is holding an advance copy/acetate of "Hey Jude". Rex Martin posted the information to TKC a few years back, and apparently his information come from people who were actually there (Virginia Coons is mentioned).

Here's the link to the topic >>> TKC

Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:44 am

onelove wrote:Apparently Elvis is holding an advance copy/acetate of "Hey Jude". Rex Martin posted the information to TKC a few years back, and apparently his information come from people who were actually there (Virginia Coons is mentioned).

Here's the link to the topic >>> TKC

That's amusing, for a number of reasons. Note Rex also says "I think this song meant more to him than has previously been thought...."

And people say Elvis didn't love the Beatles very, very much.

Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:48 am

It would seem strange that he'd have an acetate of "Hey Jude", in a car, in California. A song recorded in Memphis which was little more than a jam and a song he evidently didn't know the full words to. Even more unlikely is the thought he'd have an acetate of a Beatles record which was released as a single in the the summer of 1968. Another question, do acetates come in the white inner album sleeves? Maybe, but I would have imagined not, cardboard sleeve, showing the label more likely I think.. I've always assumed he was asked to sign the inner sleeve of a record, NBC Special perhaps?