Off Topic Messages

Going to meet Springsteen.

Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:18 pm

All going well, i will be meeting Bruce Springsteen in July next year when he visits Ireland for a few shows. I will be bringing along my original "Born To Run" vinyl album, so i hope he will sign it. Can't wait. ::rocks

Re: Going to meet Springsteen.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:17 am

Best of luck! Bruce signing my brother's shirt on April 19, 2003 8)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:09 pm

Thanks Paul. Nice photo. Got my tickets for the gig yesterday so i am really looking forward to it.

Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:45 am

memfisking wrote:Thanks Paul. Nice photo. Got my tickets for the gig yesterday so i am really looking forward to it.

Why does that mean your going to meet him ????

Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:22 am

paulsweeney wrote:Best of luck! Bruce signing my brother's shirt on April 19, 2003 8)

Sweet Paul... how was your brother able to make that happen?? BTW... I trust he still has that shirt and hasn't washed it?

Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:17 am

He still has the shirt, and hasn't washed it. The story goes like this. We drove to Montreal to see the show. I BS my brother and say "today you'll meet Bruce". We get to Montreal early and park. On the way to get a bite to eat we walk by the Bell Centre and I say, "This looks like where the band will enter". Off we go to eat. We go back to the spot after eating and discover they are setting up to do a photo of the band outside before the show. Out comes the band and they go across the street to take a few photos. On the way back into the building my brother says "Hey Bruce, sign my shirt". He keeps walking so my brothers adds, "I saw you in Ottawa last night and you were great". So Bruce says "Sure man, I'll sign your shirt". And I took the photo. After which I said to my brother, " I told you you'd meet Springsteen today!"

Here are a couple of more from April 19, 2003 in Montreal
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:16 pm

houndog wrote:
memfisking wrote:Thanks Paul. Nice photo. Got my tickets for the gig yesterday so i am really looking forward to it.

Arrangments have been made for a few of us to meet him earlier the day of the gig.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:12 am

memfisking wrote:All going well, i will be meeting Bruce Springsteen...

I patted him on the shoulder during his show in Charlottesville a few weeks ago. Does that count?

Chris

Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:41 am

ChrisM wrote:
memfisking wrote:All going well, i will be meeting Bruce Springsteen...

I patted him on the shoulder during his show in Charlottesville a few weeks ago. Does that count?

Chris

Yes!

Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:41 am

memfisking wrote:
houndog wrote:

Arrangments have been made for a few of us to meet him earlier the day of the gig.

How the %!@# did you manage that?

Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:50 pm

paulsweeney wrote:
memfisking wrote:
houndog wrote:

As with a lot of these things, its who you know. It just so happens that he will be playing my home town in July.

I still won't believe it until it happens tho. I am sure Bruce won't have our meeting penciled in in his diary. We will be there to meet him, but will he be there to meet us?

I certainly hope so.

Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:22 am

I won't be meeting Bruce.... but tickets for his monday 18th March 2013 Sydney show are on sale from Dec 14th..... so i will most certainly be buying a ticket to see his show~! :lol: 8)

Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:04 am

paulsweeney wrote:

I have no knowledge about this particular case, but there is a corporate hospitality event before every show called "E Street Lounge". Bruce and other members of the band make an appearance to shake hands, take pictures etc. You need to be "connected" to the right people to get invited, e.g. venue staff/owners/sponsors, local politician donors, charity volunteer, social organizer, media.

I have "met" Springsteen a few times the old fashioned way - by standing in line all day to be front row of the pit in front of the stage.

Chris

Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:54 am

ChrisM wrote:
paulsweeney wrote:

I have no knowledge about this particular case, but there is a corporate hospitality event before every show called "E Street Lounge". Bruce and other members of the band make an appearance to shake hands, take pictures etc. You need to be "connected" to the right people to get invited, e.g. venue staff/owners/sponsors, local politician donors, charity volunteer, social organizer, media.

I have "met" Springsteen a few times the old fashioned way - by standing in line all day to be front row of the pit in front of the stage.

Chris

The best way!

Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:34 pm

These days you can pay above the the ticket price and about 30 people can go and meet the singer or band its called meet and greet.its a great thing for younger fans to meet there hero's if they are lucky enough to get a meet & greet ticket.

Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:29 pm

rocknroller wrote:These days you can pay above the the ticket price and about 30 people can go and meet the singer or band its called meet and greet.

Nothing like this is for sale to the general public at Springsteen shows.

Chris

Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:36 pm

ChrisM wrote:
rocknroller wrote:These days you can pay above the the ticket price and about 30 people can go and meet the singer or band its called meet and greet.

Nothing like this is for sale to the general public at Springsteen shows.

Chris

You may be right mate i know a lot of rock bands do it.but too be fair springsteen is a superstar so maybe he does not do it !!!