Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: FAKE "Most Talked About" US double Ep from same seller !

Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:43 am

elvisrecords.us wrote:Unrelated, however, a question of authenticity.

Has anyone seen this record with Elvis' signature?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/261135638473

Although the record cover has CPL1-0606 printed on it, which would place it in 1974, the sticker of AFL1-0606 would place it later, more likely 1977. That said, the insciption reads - Thank you Elvis "74"

If for no other reason, magic marker or signature characteristics (for which I am not an authority), I wouldn't believe that this is authentic.

Any other thoughts?

OMG you cant be serious. 100% phony!

Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:09 am

r&b wrote:
elvisrecords.us wrote:Unrelated, however, a question of authenticity.

Has anyone seen this record with Elvis' signature?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/261135638473

Although the record cover has CPL1-0606 printed on it, which would place it in 1974, the sticker of AFL1-0606 would place it later, more likely 1977. That said, the insciption reads - Thank you Elvis "74"

If for no other reason, magic marker or signature characteristics (for which I am not an authority), I wouldn't believe that this is authentic.

Any other thoughts?

OMG you cant be serious. 100% phony!

110% phony.

Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:29 am

33 bids / US$202 / reserve not met :shock:

Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:51 pm

G.I. Blues wrote:33 bids / US$202 / reserve not met :shock:

I dont know what is sadder, that 33 people actually believe this is real and bid on it, or the owner thinks it is real and put a reserve on it?

Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:34 am

Just goes to show there are an awful lot of gullible people about.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:28 am

I already put in my bid of 3 cents. Not a penny more.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:32 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Are the next auctions fake? :roll:. With all the forgeries lately we have to be very cautious :shock:. Vinyl experts please help. Thank you!. Bye for now :smt006.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190762862258?ss ... 1436.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390507318845?ss ... 1436.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190765093030?ss ... 1436.l2649

Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:45 pm

Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Are the next auctions fake? :roll:. With all the forgeries lately we have to be very cautious :shock:. Vinyl experts please help. Thank you!. Bye for now :smt006.

THE PICTURE SLEEVE IS FOR REFERENCE PURPOSES ONLY AND IS NOT AVAILABLE OR INCLUDED.

I CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT THE SLEEVE IS ORIGINAL, (THEREFOR SOLD AS IS), NONTHELESS THIS ONE HARDLY EVER COMES UP FOR SALE ORIGINAL OR NOT!

Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:28 pm

Dear G.I.Blues or other vinyl experts :D :D :D.

G.I. Blues wrote:

THE PICTURE SLEEVE IS FOR REFERENCE PURPOSES ONLY AND IS NOT AVAILABLE OR INCLUDED.

I CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT THE SLEEVE IS ORIGINAL, (THEREFOR SOLD AS IS), NONTHELESS THIS ONE HARDLY EVER COMES UP FOR SALE ORIGINAL OR NOT!

Can you be more expecific, please? :wink:. Even if they are included in the lot or not, are they fake? :roll:. The G.I.Blues sticker is genuine? :?. Thank you!. Bye for now :smt006.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:33 pm

Both items (GI Blues sticker & the paper sleeve have been reproduced. You have to be very careful about either item. Very hard to determine on ebay. Its best to find a reputable record dealer and see it in person if at all possible. Some dealers that are selling these on ebay have had super rare items multiple times, so I would be cautious.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:25 pm

THE MOST TALKED ABOUT PERSONALITY and ELVIS PRESLEY EPA-747 sleeves are fakes imo.

GI Blues with sticker album... don't recall ever seeing an original in shrink-wrap before... I'd do more research before placing any bids. Too many fakes exist. Things to consider... placing a fake sticker on an album with shrink-wrap has been done... some tried passing fake sticker(s) by using a shrink-wrap machine and applying record store labels. Also, I thought Girls, Girls, Girls was the first Elvis album to have this type of shrink- wrap.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:30 pm

my quotes came directly from the item's desriptions as listed on ebay. when even the seller warns you, be sure those sleeves ARE fake!

Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:43 pm

G.I. Blues wrote:my quotes came directly from the item's desriptions as listed on ebay. when even the seller warns you, be sure those sleeves ARE fake!

O.K, I got it, thank you!. And the G.I.Blues sticker? :?. Bye for now :smt006.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:54 pm

G.I. Blues wrote:my quotes came directly from the item's desriptions as listed on ebay. when even the seller warns you, be sure those sleeves ARE fake!

I forgot to note, the shrink on the GI Blues LP seems fake. Back then, LPs were housed in loose plastic thicker baggy type wrapping. The previous poster is correct in saying this type of newer shrinkwrap came later such as on GGG or the World's Fair LP, If the sticker is real, there was no need to put phony shrinkwrap on the cover.

Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:09 am

r&b wrote:

I forgot to note, the shrink on the GI Blues LP seems fake. Back then, LPs were housed in loose plastic thicker baggy type wrapping. The previous poster is correct in saying this type of newer shrinkwrap came later such as on GGG or the World's Fair LP, If the sticker is real, there was no need to put phony shrinkwrap on the cover.

I don´t care about the shrink and by the way it is not shrink it is a SEARS baggy :wink:, I was mainly concerned about the sticker. I think now that it could be fake and as a proof find here below my personal USA Mono copy with sticker and this an original 8). What do you think?. Bye for now :smt006.

Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:08 am

r&b wrote:

Trying to identify fakes can be difficult with today's technology. However, there are many things to consider why it is sometimes best to look at it from different opinions, and you pointed out two excellent points.

I'd say the sticker on album in the SEARS baggy is a fake...

Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:08 am

Mike,

I'm glad you brought this up! I was going to bid on that G.I. Blues album, but not anymore. I too have the mono version with the original sticker and I'm sure that yours is the real deal too.

If you compare the sticker that you already have and the one that blrecords offers, you will notice few differences:

1) There isn't any wear on that sticker in the cover of the stereo version which is quote suspicious. The letters are too white. The record was released over 50 years ago..

2) The font of text "LPM/LSP-2256" is not the same in these two stickers.

3) The stickers do not have the same shape. If you look at the letter H in the beginning of the word "Heart", you will notice that the letter is closer to the edge of the sticker in the stereo version. It seems that this sticker has not been cut in a factory.

Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:13 am

r&b wrote:

Are you sure? I have seen also Blue Hawaii in this type of Sears baggy, and I think that I have one too...

Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:15 am

Hi Albert!! :D :D :D.

Albert Goldman wrote:Mike,

I'm glad you brought this up! I was going to bid on that G.I. Blues album, but not anymore. I too have the mono version with the original sticker and I'm sure that yours is the real deal too.

If you compare the sticker that you already have and the one that blrecords offers, you will notice few differences:

1) There isn't any wear on that sticker in the cover of the stereo version which is quote suspicious. The letters are too white. The record was released over 50 years ago..

3) The stickers do not have the same shape. If you look at the letter H in the beginning of the word "Heart", you will notice that the letter is closer to the edge of the sticker in the stereo version. It seems that this sticker has not been cut in a factory.

Exactly, I couldn´t describe it better Sir!. smt125. Bye for now :smt006.

Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:21 am

Mike Windgren wrote:Hi Albert!! :D :D :D.

Exactly, I couldn´t describe it better Sir!. smt125. Bye for now :smt006.

Thanks. It is sad that this seller offers once again fake items.

Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:31 am

You brought up some excellent points identifying a fake... isn't any wear... the letters are too white for a record released over 50 years ago.

I believe blrecords has two different Living Stereo albums with stickers photos in same listing (390507318845) - one doesn't have any wear and the other does show wear...

Both stickers are fake on the Living Stereo albums imo.

How do you know the sticker on the LPM album is an original?

Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:14 pm

Albert Goldman wrote:
r&b wrote:

Are you sure? I have seen also Blue Hawaii in this type of Sears baggy, and I think that I have one too...

Sorry - I ddnt realize it was a Sears baggy. Thought it was the newer type of shrink at first. Yes the wrapping appears to be original for that time period. I dont think the sticker is however.
It's too 'new' looking to me.

Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:38 pm

EPA4368 wrote:

How do you know the sticker on the LPM album is an original?

Because in my 30 years of collecting Elvis vinyl I had in my hands a fake one and an original one, so I am pretty sure that at least mine is original 8). Bye for now :smt006.

Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:08 pm

kennpear wrote:Is EVERYONE here so gullible as Hound-Doggie that they slurp up his inane crap without looking at the subject?
The buyer of this item actually held it in his hands ( we all know what Hound-Doggie hold in hi\s hand) and pronounced it the real McCoy...share THAT with your jerk-off friends.

Nice to have such intelligent conversation here! :smt006

Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:17 pm

TheMaskedClown wrote:
ritchie valens wrote:the moody blue 45 and lps thats rare is the expermental colored versions.

Wish Id seen one of these.

(wan)kenpear can supply 300 copies (at a premium price of course)!! :wink: