Off Topic Messages

Re: Priscilla thinks The Simpsons should be banned?

Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:05 pm

brian wrote:Bodie, I think people mean morally wrong more than legally wrong.

.


Sorry Brian, you are wrong.

intheghetto assumed that the legal age in Germany was above 14 with the comment 'He was 22 and it wasn't like he couldn't find more than enough hotties in Europe that were of legal age..

Re: Priscilla thinks The Simpsons should be banned?

Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:33 pm

Bodie wrote:
brian wrote:Bodie, I think people mean morally wrong more than legally wrong.

.


Sorry Brian, you are wrong.

intheghetto assumed that the legal age in Germany was above 14 with the comment 'He was 22 and it wasn't like he couldn't find more than enough hotties in Europe that were of legal age..


I am right and you are wrong.

I read what intheghetto was saying and i understood it perfectly.

Intheghetto is talking about it from an American point of view and you were right he assumed the legal age was the same in Germany.

However Intheghetto wasn't the only one talking about Priscilla and Elvis in Germany.

The discussion was originally about morals and i also pointed out that Elvis was never even accused of having sex with Priscilla in Germany.

So this whole thing about Priscilla and Elvis in Germany has always been about morality rather than whether or not Elvis broke the law.

Also you have never brought forth for certain that the age of legal consent was 14 in Germany in 1959.

I won't accept a wikipedia link as 100% fact.

But again since Elvis was never accused of anything that doesn't matter.

Re: Priscilla thinks The Simpsons should be banned?

Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:05 am

brian wrote:
Bodie wrote:
brian wrote:Bodie, I think people mean morally wrong more than legally wrong.

.


Sorry Brian, you are wrong.

intheghetto assumed that the legal age in Germany was above 14 with the comment 'He was 22 and it wasn't like he couldn't find more than enough hotties in Europe that were of legal age..


I am right and you are wrong.

I read what intheghetto was saying and i understood it perfectly.

Intheghetto is talking about it from an American point of view and you were right he assumed the legal age was the same in Germany.

However Intheghetto wasn't the only one talking about Priscilla and Elvis in Germany.

The discussion was originally about morals and i also pointed out that Elvis was never even accused of having sex with Priscilla in Germany.

So this whole thing about Priscilla and Elvis in Germany has always been about morality rather than whether or not Elvis broke the law.

Also you have never brought forth for certain that the age of legal consent was 14 in Germany in 1959.

I won't accept a wikipedia link as 100% fact.

But again since Elvis was never accused of anything that doesn't matter.


First of all, you jumped in on the discussion myself and intheghetto were having about the legal age of consent in Germany and im glad that you agree with me that intheghetto thought that the legal age in Germany was above 14 which is what i was trying to get across, i only posted my comment about the legal issue when i realised that intheghetto thought Elvis had broke the law, which Elvis never did.
I didn't just get that info about the legal age of consent in Germany is 14, just from Wikipedia, i was just using that as a source as most people do with info, i have found this fact from a number of sources over the years but if you want to find other info that disproves this fact then be my guest.

The moral issue regarding Elvis and Priscilla is a more complicated one as we don't know what they both did but im guessing Elvis fell in love with her and she did look much older than 14 and im sure Elvis was aware of how old she was and didn't take advantage of her.
What we do know is that Priscilla remained a virgin until her wedding night.
In Britain at the moment, several celebs are being arrested and investigated over sexual offences commited with underage females from years ago since the Jimmy Savile scandal broke out and on several sites like youtube etc, some non-Elvis fans are taking the 'Elvis and the 14-year old Priscilla romance' as a way of calling Elvis a sex offender assuming that Elvis was having sex with an underage girl and i have been trying to explain that nothing sexual happened in Germany with Priscilla and that Elvis did nothing illegal so when i saw a fellow fan like intheghetto also thinking that Elvis acted illegally i had to respond and defend Elvis' reputation.
Im sure there are a number of fans who had no idea what the age of consent was and still is in Germany and that they assumed it was much higher than 14 so i just wanted to put the record straight.

Re: Priscilla thinks The Simpsons should be banned?

Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:15 am

Bodie wrote:
brian wrote:Bodie, I think people mean morally wrong more than legally wrong.

.


Sorry Brian, you are wrong.

intheghetto assumed that the legal age in Germany was above 14 with the comment 'He was 22 and it wasn't like he couldn't find more than enough hotties in Europe that were of legal age..


Sorry but you need to read the fine print. Elvis was in the service, Priscilla was a child of an officer in the service. They were not existing in Europe as tourists and, at least Elvis, was subject to military law. I'm not a legal scholar, but an educated guess would probably be that US military law was similar to US civilian law. If Elvis was bedding a minor and the Army got wind of it, I'm sure they could have done something about it if they wanted to.

As far as Europe's moral views on these situations, take a look at Jerry Lee Lewis. His career was basically destroyed by the British press because of the marriage to his 13 year old cousin. That was in May 1958, a little less than a year prior to Elvis and Priscilla meeting.

Re: Priscilla thinks The Simpsons should be banned?

Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:20 am

Bodie wrote:
brian wrote:
Bodie wrote:
brian wrote:Bodie, I think people mean morally wrong more than legally wrong.

.


Sorry Brian, you are wrong.

intheghetto assumed that the legal age in Germany was above 14 with the comment 'He was 22 and it wasn't like he couldn't find more than enough hotties in Europe that were of legal age..


I am right and you are wrong.

I read what intheghetto was saying and i understood it perfectly.

Intheghetto is talking about it from an American point of view and you were right he assumed the legal age was the same in Germany.

However Intheghetto wasn't the only one talking about Priscilla and Elvis in Germany.

The discussion was originally about morals and i also pointed out that Elvis was never even accused of having sex with Priscilla in Germany.

So this whole thing about Priscilla and Elvis in Germany has always been about morality rather than whether or not Elvis broke the law.

Also you have never brought forth for certain that the age of legal consent was 14 in Germany in 1959.

I won't accept a wikipedia link as 100% fact.

But again since Elvis was never accused of anything that doesn't matter.


First of all, you jumped in on the discussion myself and intheghetto were having about the legal age of consent in Germany and im glad that you agree with me that intheghetto thought that the legal age in Germany was above 14 which is what i was trying to get across, i only posted my comment about the legal issue when i realised that intheghetto thought Elvis had broke the law, which Elvis never did.
I didn't just get that info about the legal age of consent in Germany is 14, just from Wikipedia, i was just using that as a source as most people do with info, i have found this fact from a number of sources over the years but if you want to find other info that disproves this fact then be my guest.

The moral issue regarding Elvis and Priscilla is a more complicated one as we don't know what they both did but im guessing Elvis fell in love with her and she did look much older than 14 and im sure Elvis was aware of how old she was and didn't take advantage of her.
What we do know is that Priscilla remained a virgin until her wedding night.
In Britain at the moment, several celebs are being arrested and investigated over sexual offences commited with underage females from years ago since the Jimmy Savile scandal broke out and on several sites like youtube etc, some non-Elvis fans are taking the 'Elvis and the 14-year old Priscilla romance' as a way of calling Elvis a sex offender assuming that Elvis was having sex with an underage girl and i have been trying to explain that nothing sexual happened in Germany with Priscilla and that Elvis did nothing illegal so when i saw a fellow fan like intheghetto also thinking that Elvis acted illegally i had to respond and defend Elvis' reputation.
Im sure there are a number of fans who had no idea what the age of consent was and still is in Germany and that they assumed it was much higher than 14 so i just wanted to put the record straight.


Fair enough and excellent points.

I would like to point out that when Elvisjock first brought it up he mentioned it as a morality issue and that's what got the discussion going.

I think Intheghetto was speaking both to the morality and legality of it.

It is unfair to compare Elvis to those people in the U.K. because unlike them it was never proven that Elvis and Priscilla had sex.

Elvis is dead and couldn't be punished anyway.

Re: Priscilla thinks The Simpsons should be banned?

Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:29 am

intheghetto wrote:
Bodie wrote:
brian wrote:Bodie, I think people mean morally wrong more than legally wrong.

.


Sorry Brian, you are wrong.

intheghetto assumed that the legal age in Germany was above 14 with the comment 'He was 22 and it wasn't like he couldn't find more than enough hotties in Europe that were of legal age..


Sorry but you need to read the fine print. Elvis was in the service, Priscilla was a child of an officer in the service. They were not existing in Europe as tourists and, at least Elvis, was subject to military law. I'm not a legal scholar, but an educated guess would probably be that US military law was similar to US civilian law. If Elvis was bedding a minor and the Army got wind of it, I'm sure they could have done something about it if they wanted to..


I'm not sure what they would have done if that happened.

That's a good point when you are in the military you are subjected to their code of conduct.

In some cases they can punish you when the laws of the country or state won't.

Re: Priscilla thinks The Simpsons should be banned?

Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:50 am

intheghetto wrote:
Bodie wrote:
brian wrote:Bodie, I think people mean morally wrong more than legally wrong.

.


Sorry Brian, you are wrong.

intheghetto assumed that the legal age in Germany was above 14 with the comment 'He was 22 and it wasn't like he couldn't find more than enough hotties in Europe that were of legal age..


Sorry but you need to read the fine print. Elvis was in the service, Priscilla was a child of an officer in the service. They were not existing in Europe as tourists and, at least Elvis, was subject to military law. I'm not a legal scholar, but an educated guess would probably be that US military law was similar to US civilian law. If Elvis was bedding a minor and the Army got wind of it, I'm sure they could have done something about it if they wanted to.

As far as Europe's moral views on these situations, take a look at Jerry Lee Lewis. His career was basically destroyed by the British press because of the marriage to his 13 year old cousin. That was in May 1958, a little less than a year prior to Elvis and Priscilla meeting.


Where did you get the info that Elvis was bedding Priscilla in Germany or maybe this is another assumption you are making?
Elvis only spent a few months 'dating' Priscilla with the acceptance of Priscilla's parents while he was in Germany and when he left Germany, never saw her again till the summer of '62 and according to Priscilla from various interviews she remained a virgin until her wedding night.

Comparing the 'Elvis and Priscilla in Germany 'story to the 'Jerry Lee Lewis' marriage to his 13-year old cousin' is like comparing chalk with cheese.

Re: Priscilla thinks The Simpsons should be banned?

Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:08 am

Bodie wrote:Where did you get the info that Elvis was bedding Priscilla in Germany or maybe this is another assumption you are making?.


I'm sorry. Do you just like ot hear yourself talk? I said 'if '. 'If' means if. In other words 'possible scenario'. I didn't suggest that Elvis had sex with Priscilla in Germany and fully aware of the information that's out there. To be clear, if any soldier now or then found themsleves in a situation where they were bedding a minor, the educated guess would be that they are subject to US military law no matter where they happen to be located on the planet at the time of the 'event'. According to Priscilla and other biographical info, we know that this didn't happen between the two of them.

Comparing the 'Elvis and Priscilla in Germany 'story to the 'Jerry Lee Lewis' marriage to his 13-year old cousin' is like comparing chalk with cheese.


Well, it looks like 'chalk and cheese' have alot in common here.

Re: Priscilla thinks The Simpsons should be banned?

Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:15 am

intheghetto wrote:
Bodie wrote:Where did you get the info that Elvis was bedding Priscilla in Germany or maybe this is another assumption you are making?.


I'm sorry. Do you just like ot hear yourself talk? I said 'if '. 'If' means if. In other words 'possible scenario'. I didn't suggest that Elvis had sex with Priscilla in Germany and fully aware of the information that's out there. To be clear, if any soldier now or then found themsleves in a situation where they were bedding a minor, the educated guess would be that they are subject to US military law no matter where they happen to be located on the planet at the time of the 'event'. According to Priscilla and other biographical info, we know that this didn't happen between the two of them. But 'if' it did, it's safe to say that their may ahve been consequences.


Well if you know that Elvis didn't bed Priscilla, what it the point in even bringing it up and then explaining what would have happened 'if' it did? :?

We may as well mention 'if' Elvis had shot aload of his own army buddies on the firing range then he would have got punished for it, but as we know, it didn't happen. :roll:

Re: Priscilla thinks The Simpsons should be banned?

Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:23 am

Bodie wrote:Well if you know that Elvis didn't bed Priscilla, what it the point in even bringing it up and then explaining what would have happened 'if' it did? :?

We may as well mention 'if' Elvis had shot aload of his own army buddies on the firing range then he would have got punished for it, but as we know, it didn't happen. :roll:


Yeah, thanks for clearing that up. We're all a little more enlightened.

Need some oil and vinegar for your word salad?

Re: Priscilla thinks The Simpsons should be banned?

Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:41 pm

Bodie wrote:
intheghetto wrote:
Bodie wrote:
brian wrote:Bodie, I think people mean morally wrong more than legally wrong.

.


Sorry Brian, you are wrong.

intheghetto assumed that the legal age in Germany was above 14 with the comment 'He was 22 and it wasn't like he couldn't find more than enough hotties in Europe that were of legal age..


Sorry but you need to read the fine print. Elvis was in the service, Priscilla was a child of an officer in the service. They were not existing in Europe as tourists and, at least Elvis, was subject to military law. I'm not a legal scholar, but an educated guess would probably be that US military law was similar to US civilian law. If Elvis was bedding a minor and the Army got wind of it, I'm sure they could have done something about it if they wanted to.

As far as Europe's moral views on these situations, take a look at Jerry Lee Lewis. His career was basically destroyed by the British press because of the marriage to his 13 year old cousin. That was in May 1958, a little less than a year prior to Elvis and Priscilla meeting.


Where did you get the info that Elvis was bedding Priscilla in Germany or maybe this is another assumption you are making?
Elvis only spent a few months 'dating' Priscilla with the acceptance of Priscilla's parents while he was in Germany and when he left Germany, never saw her again till the summer of '62 and according to Priscilla from various interviews she remained a virgin until her wedding night.

Comparing the 'Elvis and Priscilla in Germany 'story to the 'Jerry Lee Lewis' marriage to his 13-year old cousin' is like comparing chalk with cheese.


just curious Bodie, have you read 'Child Bride?' wondered what your thoughts were on it?

Re: Priscilla thinks The Simpsons should be banned?

Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:59 pm

If you are talking about the stories about Germany in Child bride they seemed untrue to me.
Last edited by brian on Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Priscilla thinks The Simpsons should be banned?

Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:15 pm

debtd1 wrote:
Bodie wrote:
intheghetto wrote:
Bodie wrote:
brian wrote:Bodie, I think people mean morally wrong more than legally wrong.

.


Sorry Brian, you are wrong.

intheghetto assumed that the legal age in Germany was above 14 with the comment 'He was 22 and it wasn't like he couldn't find more than enough hotties in Europe that were of legal age..


Sorry but you need to read the fine print. Elvis was in the service, Priscilla was a child of an officer in the service. They were not existing in Europe as tourists and, at least Elvis, was subject to military law. I'm not a legal scholar, but an educated guess would probably be that US military law was similar to US civilian law. If Elvis was bedding a minor and the Army got wind of it, I'm sure they could have done something about it if they wanted to.

As far as Europe's moral views on these situations, take a look at Jerry Lee Lewis. His career was basically destroyed by the British press because of the marriage to his 13 year old cousin. That was in May 1958, a little less than a year prior to Elvis and Priscilla meeting.


Where did you get the info that Elvis was bedding Priscilla in Germany or maybe this is another assumption you are making?
Elvis only spent a few months 'dating' Priscilla with the acceptance of Priscilla's parents while he was in Germany and when he left Germany, never saw her again till the summer of '62 and according to Priscilla from various interviews she remained a virgin until her wedding night.

Comparing the 'Elvis and Priscilla in Germany 'story to the 'Jerry Lee Lewis' marriage to his 13-year old cousin' is like comparing chalk with cheese.


just curious Bodie, have you read 'Child Bride?' wondered what your thoughts were on it?


No, why would i read a book called 'Child Bride'?

Re: Priscilla thinks The Simpsons should be banned?

Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:43 pm

Bodie wrote:
debtd1 wrote:
Bodie wrote:
intheghetto wrote:
Bodie wrote:
brian wrote:Bodie, I think people mean morally wrong more than legally wrong.

.


Sorry Brian, you are wrong.

intheghetto assumed that the legal age in Germany was above 14 with the comment 'He was 22 and it wasn't like he couldn't find more than enough hotties in Europe that were of legal age..


Sorry but you need to read the fine print. Elvis was in the service, Priscilla was a child of an officer in the service. They were not existing in Europe as tourists and, at least Elvis, was subject to military law. I'm not a legal scholar, but an educated guess would probably be that US military law was similar to US civilian law. If Elvis was bedding a minor and the Army got wind of it, I'm sure they could have done something about it if they wanted to.

As far as Europe's moral views on these situations, take a look at Jerry Lee Lewis. His career was basically destroyed by the British press because of the marriage to his 13 year old cousin. That was in May 1958, a little less than a year prior to Elvis and Priscilla meeting.


Where did you get the info that Elvis was bedding Priscilla in Germany or maybe this is another assumption you are making?
Elvis only spent a few months 'dating' Priscilla with the acceptance of Priscilla's parents while he was in Germany and when he left Germany, never saw her again till the summer of '62 and according to Priscilla from various interviews she remained a virgin until her wedding night.

Comparing the 'Elvis and Priscilla in Germany 'story to the 'Jerry Lee Lewis' marriage to his 13-year old cousin' is like comparing chalk with cheese.


just curious Bodie, have you read 'Child Bride?' wondered what your thoughts were on it?


No, why would i read a book called 'Child Bride'?


Its a book written about Priscilla and her relationship with Elvis (by Suzanne Finstad)
definitely gives a different slant on Priscilla......if its to be believed, she slept with Currie Grant to get an invitation to Elvis' house
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Priscilla thinks The Simpsons should be banned?

Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:52 pm

debtd1 wrote:
Bodie wrote:
debtd1 wrote:
Bodie wrote:
intheghetto wrote:
Bodie wrote:
brian wrote:Bodie, I think people mean morally wrong more than legally wrong.

.


Sorry Brian, you are wrong.

intheghetto assumed that the legal age in Germany was above 14 with the comment 'He was 22 and it wasn't like he couldn't find more than enough hotties in Europe that were of legal age..


Sorry but you need to read the fine print. Elvis was in the service, Priscilla was a child of an officer in the service. They were not existing in Europe as tourists and, at least Elvis, was subject to military law. I'm not a legal scholar, but an educated guess would probably be that US military law was similar to US civilian law. If Elvis was bedding a minor and the Army got wind of it, I'm sure they could have done something about it if they wanted to.

As far as Europe's moral views on these situations, take a look at Jerry Lee Lewis. His career was basically destroyed by the British press because of the marriage to his 13 year old cousin. That was in May 1958, a little less than a year prior to Elvis and Priscilla meeting.


Where did you get the info that Elvis was bedding Priscilla in Germany or maybe this is another assumption you are making?
Elvis only spent a few months 'dating' Priscilla with the acceptance of Priscilla's parents while he was in Germany and when he left Germany, never saw her again till the summer of '62 and according to Priscilla from various interviews she remained a virgin until her wedding night.

Comparing the 'Elvis and Priscilla in Germany 'story to the 'Jerry Lee Lewis' marriage to his 13-year old cousin' is like comparing chalk with cheese.


just curious Bodie, have you read 'Child Bride?' wondered what your thoughts were on it?


No, why would i read a book called 'Child Bride'?


Its a book written about Priscilla and her relationship with Elvis (by Suzanne Finstad)
definitely gives a different slant on Priscilla......if its to be believed, she slept with Currie Grant to get an invitation to Elvis' house


The only way i would believe that story about Currie Grant is if Priscilla admitted it and to my knowledge she never has.
The title of the book is very mis-leading so im sure the contents of the book are as well.

Re: Priscilla thinks The Simpsons should be banned?

Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:04 pm

Priscilla is completely out of the loop if she thinks The Simpsons is the worst thing out there for kids.

Re: Priscilla thinks The Simpsons should be banned?

Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:48 am

If banning a show as loved and as brilliant as The Simpsons is all Priscilla can think of is she was `queen of everything', than thank goodness she isn't a queen.

Re: Priscilla thinks The Simpsons should be banned?

Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:30 am

rickeap wrote:If banning a show as loved and as brilliant as The Simpsons is all Priscilla can think of is she was `queen of everything', than thank goodness she isn't a queen.


LOL.

Re: Priscilla thinks The Simpsons should be banned?

Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:55 pm

JamesVRoy wrote:
elvis4life wrote:Lisa also has two grown up sons, Riley and Benjamin from her first marriage to musician Danny.


Riley's a guy?


Isn't her first name Danielle? Only she uses Riley which is her 2nd name?

Re: Priscilla thinks The Simpsons should be banned?

Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:45 am

I wonder what she would think of "Family Guy".
Image

javilu wrote:The Simpsons, Seasons 1 to 10, are a masterpiece.
From Season 11 on, for the most part they're crap.

Muy cierto!

Re: Priscilla thinks The Simpsons should be banned?

Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:49 am

Wibi08 wrote:
JamesVRoy wrote:
elvis4life wrote:Lisa also has two grown up sons, Riley and Benjamin from her first marriage to musician Danny.


Riley's a guy?


Isn't her first name Danielle? Only she uses Riley which is her 2nd name?


She goes by her middle name.

Some people do that.

Re: Priscilla thinks The Simpsons should be banned?

Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:44 pm

I've long wondered Priscilla's opinion of "The Simpsons." Thanks.

Re: Priscilla thinks The Simpsons should be banned?

Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:32 pm

Reminds me of that episode of The Simpsons where Marge tried to ban Itchy & Scratchy..