Post here your Elvis' pictures

at Graceland Gates (circa ?)

Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:02 pm

I removed 'ebay' at left, this could have been done better :smt006

Re: at Graceland Gates (circa ?)

Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:40 pm

my guess is ca.1967/8. Looks like a 67 camaro/firebird on the Blvd and his car looks like a 67 Caddy (round Mirror), Fleetwood actually

Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:45 pm

Thnx for that info, JamesVRoy

Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:48 pm

His sideburns are too long for '67! My guess is '68 or '69.

Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:53 pm

To be more specific, it looks like post-TV special 68 or 69.

Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:56 pm

Charlie looks like a kid :smt003

Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:04 pm

New to me thank you, good candid...judging by the coats it's either late 68 or early 69 for me ::rocks

Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:39 pm

Energy Catalyzer wrote:Charlie looks like a kid :smt003

Is that Charlie?

Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:40 pm

londonflash wrote:
Energy Catalyzer wrote:Charlie looks like a kid :smt003

Is that Charlie?

he look like him ?

Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:48 pm

I think its September 4th 68 - please verify this any one - Ty in advance
My elvis pic files verifies this is date - ::rocks

Ty Energy Catalyzer for this thread -
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:15 pm

karlos wrote:I think its September 4th 68 - please verify this any one - Ty in advance

The granny wears a coat, another woman wears a hat. Slightly unusual dressing habits on sept 4th in the US, don't you think?

Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:22 pm

mocskoskurva wrote:
karlos wrote:I think its September 4th 68 - please verify this any one - Ty in advance

The granny wears a coat, another woman wears a hat. Slightly unusual dressing habits on sept 4th in the US, don't you think?

you right indeed..

Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:16 am

The more I look at it, I can't help think it may be from February 1969. The flick of his hair, from left to right, is very similar to the way he wore his hair while doing the Hilton contract signing photo shoot. He was also in Memphis between the 17 February to the 22nd recording at American Sound Studios so it's a possibility I guess......hmmm tricky one.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:49 am

Karlos, your photo is from September 7, 1968, not September 4. In the Sep. 4th photos Elvis wears a black jacket while in the one you posted he wears a black shirt.
The photo starting this thread is neither from September 4 nor September 7, 1968. In that photo Elvis is driving the car while in yours Elvis is in the passenger seat.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:11 am

Energy Catalyzer wrote:Image

I removed 'ebay' at left, this could have been done better

Interesting, albeit blurry shot. It could be circa Jan '69 or circa Jan '70 -- cold weather.

Clues in the photo:
- Elvis' sideburns
- Elvis' hair combed down, not up
- barren trees reflected in windshield
- fans wearing hats, sweaters and jackets

Here is a detailed look:

700100_w Hodge_Memphis_DETAIL.JPG

My guess is early 1970, not long before he left for rehearsals at RCA Hollywood in Los Angeles.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:57 pm

ok,JohnC

Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:58 pm

Note the guy at the rear who appears to be filming!

Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:15 pm

Definitely looks like a cine camera....FOOTAGE!! We gotta track this guy down, how about we all chip in to pay for the film? I've got £2.40 I think :oops:

Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:42 pm

bripet56 wrote:

Karlos, your photo is from September 7, 1968, not September 4. In the Sep. 4th photos Elvis wears a black jacket while in the one you posted he wears a black shirt.
The photo starting this thread is neither from September 4 nor September 7, 1968. In that photo Elvis is driving the car while in yours Elvis is in the passenger seat.

Sincerely Brian
http://www.brian56.dk

..................................................................................................
Thanks Brian for info - I thought it was from Sept 4th - ty buddy for info - enjoy ya week Sir - ::rocks