Off Topic Messages

Priscilla thinks The Simpsons should be banned?

Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:58 pm

http://www.contactmusic.com/news/prisci ... ed_3402825

Priscilla Presley thinks The Simpsons should be banned

Priscilla Presley has said she would ban 'The Simpsons' if she had the power to do so because the animated TV series is not good for ''people's moral compass''.

Priscilla Presley thinks 'The Simpsons' should be banned because ''it's not good for kids''.

The 67-year-old actress is not a fan of the animated TV show, which sees Homer and his dysfunctional family get into numerous escapades, because she believes it's content does not promote good morals.

When asked what she would do if she was 'Queen of Everything' in an interview with Stylist magazine, she said: ''I'd have to ban 'The Simpsons'. It's not good for people's moral compass. It's OK for adults as we can put it all together but it's not good for kids and I think we need to bring back something more family orientated like 'Leave It To Beaver' that I used to watch when I was growing up.''

Priscilla - who is playing the Wicked Queen in pantomime 'Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs' in London this month - is also worried about the decline of religion in Western society and is concerned about the amount of children being raised by divorced parents.

The 'Naked Gun' star - who was married to late rock 'n' roll legend Elvis Presley, who she separated from in 1972 and divorced in 1973 after six years of marriage - believes kids with parents and step-parents are getting mixed moral messages.

Priscilla explained: ''We're in trouble. Churches are going, religious leaders are being attacked. I do think we need guidance because we're in trouble right now for not having any. It's the same with parents. When we're growing up it's our parents who we look to to give us guidance, the morals, the ethics, the standards. I find that because kids are being raised by multiple parents with the divorce rate as high as it is, everyone is thinking differently.''

Priscilla's daughter Lisa Marie Presley - her only child with Elvis - has been divorced three times after marriages to Danny Keough, Michael Jackson and Nicolas Cage all failed.

Lisa Marie now lives in East Sussex, England with her husband, guitarist Michael Lockwood, and their four-year-old twin girls Harper and Finley and Lisa's two children.

Lisa also has two grown up sons, Riley and Benjamin from her first marriage to musician Danny.

Re: Priscilla thinks The Simpsons should be banned?

Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:45 pm

Where does dating an adult male while at the age of 14 fall on that moral compass?

Re: Priscilla thinks The Simpsons should be banned?

Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:16 pm

Just because the Simpsons is a cartoon doesn't mean it is specifically for kids.

I would have no problem letting my kids watch the Simpsons if they wanted to as i don't find the show dirty.

The one thing Priscilla would do as if it's the worst thing in the world is ban the Simpsons :roll:

There is a lot of filthy television shows that children shouldn't be watching but the Simpson isn't one of them.

It's strange Priscilla mentioned religions because she's never to my knowledge belonged to a real religion.

She didn't raise Lisa in a real religion.

Re: Priscilla thinks The Simpsons should be banned?

Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:43 pm

I hate The Simpsons, too. But there are worse ones...

Re: Priscilla thinks The Simpsons should be banned?

Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:56 pm

mocskoskurva wrote:I hate The Simpsons, too. But there are worse ones...


Do you hate it because it's not good for children or because of it's decline in quality over the years?

Re: Priscilla thinks The Simpsons should be banned?

Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:58 pm

who cares if she thinks it should be banned...it wont be just because she thinks so anyway...

Re: Priscilla thinks The Simpsons should be banned?

Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:06 pm

elvisjock wrote:Where does dating an adult male while at the age of 14 fall on that moral compass?


Ouch !

Re: Priscilla thinks The Simpsons should be banned?

Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:32 pm

elvis4life wrote:Lisa also has two grown up sons, Riley and Benjamin from her first marriage to musician Danny.


Riley's a guy?

Re: Priscilla thinks The Simpsons should be banned?

Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:14 am

JamesVRoy wrote:
elvis4life wrote:Lisa also has two grown up sons, Riley and Benjamin from her first marriage to musician Danny.


Riley's a guy?


Elvis - 75th Birthday Celebration.JPG


Hardly !

Riley is on the extreme left & Benjamin the other end in this pic.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Priscilla thinks The Simpsons should be banned?

Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:42 am

elvis4life wrote:
Priscilla Presley has said she would ban 'The Simpsons' if she had the power to do so because the animated TV series is not good for ''people's moral compass''.

Priscilla Presley thinks 'The Simpsons' should be banned because ''it's not good for kids''.



Cilla is only jealous because Marg Simpson has a better nose job than she does.

Re: Priscilla thinks The Simpsons should be banned?

Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:36 am

She'd better duck. All that glass she broke is still flyin' around! (Shouldn't throw stones when you're livin' in such a house, you know.)

Has she seen "South Park"? I'd suggest a special screening! LOL!

"Leave It To Beaver"!! LOL! I don't even wanna . . . not with a ten-foot-pole!

Oh, Lordy!

rjm ::rocks

Re: Priscilla thinks The Simpsons should be banned?

Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:36 am

Get off my lawn!!! Congratulations Priscilla you now are formally an old lady. Soon we'll be hearing how long it took you to walk to school.

Re: Priscilla thinks The Simpsons should be banned?

Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:58 am

Well, I guess she's not getting my collection of Simpsons DVDs if I kick the bucket early then... *rim shot*

Re: Priscilla thinks The Simpsons should be banned?

Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:51 pm

brian wrote:
mocskoskurva wrote:I hate The Simpsons, too. But there are worse ones...


Do you hate it because it's not good for children or because of it's decline in quality over the years?

I hate it because i think it's horrible. I've never been able to watch a full episode...not even a half. About 1 minute was the maximum i was able to watch. It's embarrassing in my opinion and i can't understand why so many people like it. On the other hand, i have no problem with it. If other people like it, that's fine.

Re: Priscilla thinks The Simpsons should be banned?

Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:27 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:
elvis4life wrote:
Priscilla Presley has said she would ban 'The Simpsons' if she had the power to do so because the animated TV series is not good for ''people's moral compass''.

Priscilla Presley thinks 'The Simpsons' should be banned because ''it's not good for kids''.



Cilla is only jealous because Marg Simpson has a better nose job than she does.

Is this really necessary?

Re: Priscilla thinks The Simpsons should be banned?

Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:53 pm

The Simpsons, Seasons 1 to 10, are a masterpiece.
From Season 11 on, for the most part they're crap.

Re: Priscilla thinks The Simpsons should be banned?

Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:54 pm

did Marge have a nose job?

Re: Priscilla thinks The Simpsons should be banned?

Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:05 pm

Let's hope she has never seen South Park. :shock:

Re: Priscilla thinks The Simpsons should be banned?

Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:29 pm

intheghetto wrote:I understand where's she's coming from, I just don't think her references are very good.

No doubt the bar is continuously being lowered, but I don't think banning The Simpsons is the answer. It's lack of parental guidance that's the problem. And if you want to take the disintegration of culture a step futher, I think it's bad, bad, bad, that small children younger than the age of 10, are already being marketed to and using iPads in place of things that kids used to use to occupy their time with. They're being turned into consumer-bots before they're even teenagers!

Where does dating an adult male while at the age of 14 fall on that moral compass?


I think that belongs more on Elvis' moral compass than it does for Priscilla. When your 14 you don't know any better, especially if you're some cute young babe and Elvis is interested in you. He was 22 and it wasn't like he couldn't find more than enough hotties in Europe that were of legal age.

and her parents

Re: Priscilla thinks The Simpsons should be banned?

Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:43 pm

intheghetto wrote:
Elvisgirl wrote:
intheghetto wrote:I understand where's she's coming from, I just don't think her references are very good.

No doubt the bar is continuously being lowered, but I don't think banning The Simpsons is the answer. It's lack of parental guidance that's the problem. And if you want to take the disintegration of culture a step futher, I think it's bad, bad, bad, that small children younger than the age of 10, are already being marketed to and using iPads in place of things that kids used to use to occupy their time with. They're being turned into consumer-bots before they're even teenagers!

Where does dating an adult male while at the age of 14 fall on that moral compass?


I think that belongs more on Elvis' moral compass than it does for Priscilla. When your 14 you don't know any better, especially if you're some cute young babe and Elvis is interested in you. He was 22 and it wasn't like he couldn't find more than enough hotties in Europe that were of legal age.

and her parents



Very true.


I thought back then the legal age of consent was 14 in Germany and if that's true then by German Law Elvis was doing nothing wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_Europe

Some people on here should do proper research before claiming Elvis was doing anything illegal.

Re: Priscilla thinks The Simpsons should be banned?

Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:39 pm

intheghetto wrote:
Bodie wrote:
intheghetto wrote:
Elvisgirl wrote:
intheghetto wrote:I understand where's she's coming from, I just don't think her references are very good.

No doubt the bar is continuously being lowered, but I don't think banning The Simpsons is the answer. It's lack of parental guidance that's the problem. And if you want to take the disintegration of culture a step futher, I think it's bad, bad, bad, that small children younger than the age of 10, are already being marketed to and using iPads in place of things that kids used to use to occupy their time with. They're being turned into consumer-bots before they're even teenagers!

Where does dating an adult male while at the age of 14 fall on that moral compass?


I think that belongs more on Elvis' moral compass than it does for Priscilla. When your 14 you don't know any better, especially if you're some cute young babe and Elvis is interested in you. He was 22 and it wasn't like he couldn't find more than enough hotties in Europe that were of legal age.

and her parents



Very true.


I thought back then the legal age of consent was 14 in Germany and if that's true then by German Law Elvis was doing nothing wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_Europe

Some people on here should do proper research before claiming Elvis was doing anything illegal.


Like maybe finding out if that supposed law also applied to Americans that were in or associated with the military. Maybe that would help before presuming that everyone else has the story wrong and needs to do 'proper research'.


But you claimed in your above post that Priscilla was under the legal age but she in fact, was not.

Re: Priscilla thinks The Simpsons should be banned?

Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:51 pm

Bodie, I think people mean morally wrong more than legally wrong.

No one really knows what Elvis and Priscilla did in Germany except for them.

Elvis was never accused by the law or by anyone of having sex in German with Priscilla.

There has been speculation by some people that they did but it's never been proven and Priscilla has denied it repeatedly.

Elvis relationship with Priscilla was inappropriate to me but he wasn't breaking the law because it's never been proven that they did anything other than kissing.

You may be right that the age of consent in Germany is much lower than the United States and Germans may have a different view on it than Americans.

Europe is more liberal than America.

Re: Priscilla thinks The Simpsons should be banned?

Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:05 pm

brian wrote:Bodie, I think people mean morally wrong more than legally wrong.

.


Sorry Brian, you are wrong.

intheghetto assumed that the legal age in Germany was above 14 with the comment 'He was 22 and it wasn't like he couldn't find more than enough hotties in Europe that were of legal age..

Re: Priscilla thinks The Simpsons should be banned?

Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:33 pm

Bodie wrote:
brian wrote:Bodie, I think people mean morally wrong more than legally wrong.

.


Sorry Brian, you are wrong.

intheghetto assumed that the legal age in Germany was above 14 with the comment 'He was 22 and it wasn't like he couldn't find more than enough hotties in Europe that were of legal age..


I am right and you are wrong.

I read what intheghetto was saying and i understood it perfectly.

Intheghetto is talking about it from an American point of view and you were right he assumed the legal age was the same in Germany.

However Intheghetto wasn't the only one talking about Priscilla and Elvis in Germany.

The discussion was originally about morals and i also pointed out that Elvis was never even accused of having sex with Priscilla in Germany.

So this whole thing about Priscilla and Elvis in Germany has always been about morality rather than whether or not Elvis broke the law.

Also you have never brought forth for certain that the age of legal consent was 14 in Germany in 1959.

I won't accept a wikipedia link as 100% fact.

But again since Elvis was never accused of anything that doesn't matter.

Re: Priscilla thinks The Simpsons should be banned?

Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:05 am

brian wrote:
Bodie wrote:
brian wrote:Bodie, I think people mean morally wrong more than legally wrong.

.


Sorry Brian, you are wrong.

intheghetto assumed that the legal age in Germany was above 14 with the comment 'He was 22 and it wasn't like he couldn't find more than enough hotties in Europe that were of legal age..


I am right and you are wrong.

I read what intheghetto was saying and i understood it perfectly.

Intheghetto is talking about it from an American point of view and you were right he assumed the legal age was the same in Germany.

However Intheghetto wasn't the only one talking about Priscilla and Elvis in Germany.

The discussion was originally about morals and i also pointed out that Elvis was never even accused of having sex with Priscilla in Germany.

So this whole thing about Priscilla and Elvis in Germany has always been about morality rather than whether or not Elvis broke the law.

Also you have never brought forth for certain that the age of legal consent was 14 in Germany in 1959.

I won't accept a wikipedia link as 100% fact.

But again since Elvis was never accused of anything that doesn't matter.


First of all, you jumped in on the discussion myself and intheghetto were having about the legal age of consent in Germany and im glad that you agree with me that intheghetto thought that the legal age in Germany was above 14 which is what i was trying to get across, i only posted my comment about the legal issue when i realised that intheghetto thought Elvis had broke the law, which Elvis never did.
I didn't just get that info about the legal age of consent in Germany is 14, just from Wikipedia, i was just using that as a source as most people do with info, i have found this fact from a number of sources over the years but if you want to find other info that disproves this fact then be my guest.

The moral issue regarding Elvis and Priscilla is a more complicated one as we don't know what they both did but im guessing Elvis fell in love with her and she did look much older than 14 and im sure Elvis was aware of how old she was and didn't take advantage of her.
What we do know is that Priscilla remained a virgin until her wedding night.
In Britain at the moment, several celebs are being arrested and investigated over sexual offences commited with underage females from years ago since the Jimmy Savile scandal broke out and on several sites like youtube etc, some non-Elvis fans are taking the 'Elvis and the 14-year old Priscilla romance' as a way of calling Elvis a sex offender assuming that Elvis was having sex with an underage girl and i have been trying to explain that nothing sexual happened in Germany with Priscilla and that Elvis did nothing illegal so when i saw a fellow fan like intheghetto also thinking that Elvis acted illegally i had to respond and defend Elvis' reputation.
Im sure there are a number of fans who had no idea what the age of consent was and still is in Germany and that they assumed it was much higher than 14 so i just wanted to put the record straight.