Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Elvis --> Hell-Bent for Leathers in 1974!

Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:43 pm

r&b wrote:He looks totally stoned with the cops. Perhaps if they had arrested him, it would have helped.


Good point.

Re: Elvis --> Hell-Bent for Leathers in 1974!

Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:59 pm

debtd1 wrote:Image

he looks proper 'dog rough' in these, and that suit is the bad one of the bunch.

That doesn't appear to be stage attire... just a casual outfit... his leather stage costumes appeared to be more decorative than this one... anyone have/seen a picture of Elvis wearing this outfit on stage? Just curious...

Re: Elvis --> Hell-Bent for Leathers in 1974!

Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:04 am

Elvis Fan - yes, that particular outfit was worn in August - I quite like it!

Aug 74.jpg


Vegas 74.jpg


There was some footage of it too on George Klein's Elvis Memories.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Elvis --> Hell-Bent for Leathers in 1974!

Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:12 am

Dan_T wrote:
Xaykev wrote:
jparsons1969 wrote:I don't really think he was as big as we all make him out to be.

True. I have tried on one of his original suits and it fit me pretty good. And I am a slim athletic guy. It was a strange feeling to wear one of his suits by the way :!:


Wow, really ?

So you'd say you were the same height as Elvis too ?

Isn't one of those leather suits owned by Eddie Murphy, who had to have the trousers taken up a couple of inches so he could wear them ?

My opinion has always been that Elvis's weight is so exaggerated, also here on this messageboard. And when I tried on a suit it certainly was confirmed. I am a couple of centimeters shorter than Elvis :)

Re: Elvis --> Hell-Bent for Leathers in 1974!

Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:41 am

Xaykev wrote:My opinion has always been that Elvis's weight is so exaggerated, also here on this messageboard.

I don't agree. Too many here try to act as if he was almost never anything but "slim."

Re: Elvis --> Hell-Bent for Leathers in 1974!

Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:48 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Xaykev wrote:My opinion has always been that Elvis's weight is so exaggerated, also here on this messageboard.

I don't agree. Too many here try to act as if he was almost never anything but "slim."

Really?! Show me these posts. Like I said, I am athletic and slim, and the jumpsuit fit me very well.

Re: Elvis --> Hell-Bent for Leathers in 1974!

Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:54 am

DarrylMac wrote:Elvis Fan - yes, that particular outfit was worn in August - I quite like it!





There was some footage of it too on George Klein's Elvis Memories.

Thanks Darryl... I've not seen those shots before! :smt023

Re: Elvis --> Hell-Bent for Leathers in 1974!

Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:09 am

Arrest him for popping too many perscriptions? Even if he had something like cocaine he wasn't about to flash it in front of the cops. All he had to say is I am sick and here is my doctor if any suspicions were raised. He covered himself well that way.

Re: Elvis --> Hell-Bent for Leathers in 1974!

Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:32 pm

elvis-fan wrote:Thanks Darryl... I've not seen those shots before! :smt023

He looks good there!

Re: Elvis --> Hell-Bent for Leathers in 1974!

Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:54 pm

elvis-fan wrote:
debtd1 wrote:Image

he looks proper 'dog rough' in these, and that suit is the bad one of the bunch.

That doesn't appear to be stage attire... just a casual outfit... his leather stage costumes appeared to be more decorative than this one... anyone have/seen a picture of Elvis wearing this outfit on stage? Just curious...


...........................................................................................................................................
[b]This picture is from September 28th 1974 At College Park -When he met security officers .And Yes he wore same out fit at Vegas on August 30th '74 on his Midnight show . -
[/b]

Re: Elvis --> Hell-Bent for Leathers in 1974!

Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:36 am

Xaykev wrote:
monkboughtlunch wrote:He had some of the worst stage attire imaginable in the 70s. He should have tried dressing understated and casual on stage, like below:

Image

Couldn't disagree more. The Elvis-suit must be the most famous stage-outfit ever.

I would say it has become archetypal.

Re: Elvis --> Hell-Bent for Leathers in 1974!

Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:07 pm

monkboughtlunch wrote:
eligain wrote:
The only bad thing about these leather suits is that everyone was wearing them; from Tom Jones to Sonny Bono!


So you don't consider Presley's bloated gut being too big for the leather suit a "bad thing?"

Image

Image

Image

God!!! These pictures are aweful....he looks so bad and out of it.

Re: Elvis --> Hell-Bent for Leathers in 1974!

Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:19 pm

mysterytrainrideson wrote:
monkboughtlunch wrote:
eligain wrote:
The only bad thing about these leather suits is that everyone was wearing them; from Tom Jones to Sonny Bono!


So you don't consider Presley's bloated gut being too big for the leather suit a "bad thing?"

Image

Image

Image

God!!! These pictures are aweful....he looks so bad and out of it.


out of it no.... he looks tired but out of it no.

Re: Elvis --> Hell-Bent for Leathers in 1974!

Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:35 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:
mysterytrainrideson wrote:
monkboughtlunch wrote:
eligain wrote:
The only bad thing about these leather suits is that everyone was wearing them; from Tom Jones to Sonny Bono!


So you don't consider Presley's bloated gut being too big for the leather suit a "bad thing?"

Image

Image

Image

God!!! These pictures are aweful....he looks so bad and out of it.


out of it no.... he looks tired but out of it no.

When someones out of it, they usually do look tired.

Re: Elvis --> Hell-Bent for Leathers in 1974!

Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:53 am

mysterytrainrideson wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:
mysterytrainrideson wrote:
monkboughtlunch wrote:
eligain wrote:
The only bad thing about these leather suits is that everyone was wearing them; from Tom Jones to Sonny Bono!


So you don't consider Presley's bloated gut being too big for the leather suit a "bad thing?"

Image

Image

Image

God!!! These pictures are aweful....he looks so bad and out of it.


out of it no.... he looks tired but out of it no.

When someones out of it, they usually do look tired.


i agree, but Out of it in the elvis world is called drugged up..
elvis was on painkillers so looked tired, but he wasnt overdrugged as some people find.