Post here your Elvis' pictures

Candid '70 pic - color

Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:14 am

This is a new one to me - posted by "memphis69" on the TCB World site:

Rich
Last edited by Rich_TCB on Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Candid '69 pic - color

Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:21 am

I think it is from Oct' 70 : Ceasar's Palace - attending a Tom Jones show

Nevertheless - a fantastic candid !

Thanks for posting !

btw : there are also some nice pictures on Paul's website: http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... rch71.html

Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:47 am

E-Cat wrote:I think it is from Oct' 70 : Ceasar's Palace - attending a Tom Jones show

Nevertheless - a fantastic candid !

Thanks for posting !

btw : there are also some nice pictures on Paul's website: http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... rch71.html

:oops: :oops: :oops:

OOPS - I haven't seen those pics before on Paul's site.

Thanks for everything, E-Cat 8)

Rich

Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:58 am

It's really nice to see this picture again Rich - he looked so damn cool !

Re: Candid '70 pic - color

Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:32 am

This is the photo that Kingcandids gave me permission to use as a new Avatar Rich -- I'm sure he'll let you have it if you really like it :D

Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:38 am

No problem here.

Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:01 pm

Little Darlin wrote:This is the photo that Kingcandids gave me permission to use as a new Avatar Rich -- I'm sure he'll let you have it if you really like it :D

It's all yours, 'Darlin. My avatar is permanent 8)

Rich

Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:24 am

Rich_TCB wrote:This is a new one to me - posted by "memphis69" on the TCB World site:

Rich

Possibly from 8-06-1970 at Caesar's Palace, attending Nancy Sinatra's debut at that venue. Richard Davis and Felton Jarvis are also in the photo.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:21 am

Got this set in my files as October 1970 attending The Tom Jones Show at Caesars Palace :
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:25 am

Also had this one in my files as being sometime after the show at the airport heading back to Memphis, but i've noticed Charlie has a different jacket on from the other photos so i'm not sure about it now, unless they changed & left the next day or something :
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:21 pm

AlohaEagle wrote:Also had this one in my files as being sometime after the show at the airport heading back to Memphis, but i've noticed Charlie has a different jacket on from the other photos so i'm not sure about it now, unless they changed & left the next day or something :

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... A1970.html

Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:25 pm

AlohaEagle wrote:Got this set in my files as October 1970 attending The Tom Jones Show at Caesars Palace :

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... rch71.html

Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:02 pm

AlohaEagle wrote:Got this set in my files as October 1970 attending The Tom Jones Show at Caesars Palace :

Tom Jones did not play Caesar's Palace in 1970, so this is impossible.

I opened up a topic trying to figure out where these photos were really from. I started from the premise that perhaps Elvis saw a special Jones show that year, and the closest possibility given his look was in July 1970 at the Inglewood Forum.

However, FECC member jonburrows deciphered a sign for "Nero's Nook" behind Elvis (see your second photo) which is a small, 500-seat theater inside Caesar's Palace. So Presley attending a Jones concert was out, and I had to begin again.

Hours of additional research was fruitful, and now pointed to the strong likelihood that Elvis was seeing Nancy Sinatra's big-time debut in the main room at Caesar's Palace on August 6, 1970:

Elvis Saw Nancy at Caesar's --> It's Really No Mystery Now!
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=73357&p=1100506&#p1100506

That first image you posted is new to my eyes and ... do we see the name "NANCY" on those tickets in Elvis' hand?

I'm going to add it to the above topic. And thanks for sharing it!

Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:11 pm

you must have better eyes than me Doc.....I can't read 'Nancy' on there

he certainly looks 'very' cool though.......

Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:23 pm

debtd1 wrote:you must have better eyes than me Doc.....I can't read 'Nancy' on there

he certainly looks 'very' cool though.......

I'm not sure, thus it's a query. I'm hoping a better quality copy surfaces.

Wed May 01, 2013 1:57 am

A couple of photos new to my eyes :

Wed May 01, 2013 2:34 pm

AlohaEagle wrote:A couple of photos new to my eyes :

Thanks for sharing AlohaEagle. Our man looks in good form :)

Wed May 01, 2013 5:25 pm

The last two are also new to me..thankyou AlohaEagle

Wed May 01, 2013 6:40 pm

javierTCB wrote:Thanks for sharing AlohaEagle. Our man looks in good form :)

rizzy56 wrote:The last two are also new to me..thankyou AlohaEagle

Very welcome folks ::rocks

Wed May 01, 2013 8:06 pm

::rocks

Wed May 01, 2013 10:28 pm

Great shots!

Thu May 02, 2013 2:27 am

Mr. handsome he was for sure........thanks for sharing all the pics.