Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: The Man and His Music December issue

Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:36 pm

promiseland wrote:
Joe Car wrote:
sweetangeline wrote:
Simon1 wrote:Also interesting to read for those who think Colonel was to blame for Elvis' downfall.

I`m waiting for the latest edition to arrive (simply the best elvis mag out there #1). With regards to your statement above, I`ll simply state that there were many factors in Elvis` downfall and yes those include things outside of the Colonel, but most definately some negative decisions that his manager made on Elvis` behalf in the 60`s and 70`s were contributing factors but there is also many many more that have nothing to do with the Colonel and more to do within` Elvis himself!! That`s a fact no matter what the current issue implies but the truth is we will never ever really know for sure.

There were many things that contributed to Elvis' decline in the 70's and yes, Elvis has to share in responsibility of course, but the Colonel played a huge part!

Yes he sure did!! He spent up all the millions Elvis made over the past 20 years
that he earned him since 1955!! And Boy, he sure forced all them drugs down Elvis and sure screwed his diet up to gain all that weight to look so good for CBS!! Man the Colonel sure screwed up Elvis!! :roll:

So the Colonel had no responsibility for Elvis' demise, now who is in denial. Any manager that steals millions from his client and then because he was a degenerate gambler, sells his client short where you have the biggest concert draw in Vegas history, not even the highest paid! No, the Colonel was good for Elvis. :roll: :roll:

Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:28 pm

Tony.. wrote:
Joe Car wrote:
Simon1 wrote:
Joe Car wrote:
sweetangeline wrote:
Simon1 wrote:Also interesting to read for those who think Colonel was to blame for Elvis' downfall.

I`m waiting for the latest edition to arrive (simply the best elvis mag out there #1). With regards to your statement above, I`ll simply state that there were many factors in Elvis` downfall and yes those include things outside of the Colonel, but most definately some negative decisions that his manager made on Elvis` behalf in the 60`s and 70`s were contributing factors but there is also many many more that have nothing to do with the Colonel and more to do within` Elvis himself!! That`s a fact no matter what the current issue implies but the truth is we will never ever really know for sure.

There were many things that contributed to Elvis' decline in the 70's and yes, Elvis has to share in responsibility of course, but the Colonel played a huge part!

Elvis only did what he wanted to do Joe, not even Colonel could force him into things. Often people don't realize how strong willed Elvis really was.
Early 1977 Colonel insisted Elvis take a rest and not work for a while. It was Elvis himself who ordered Colonel to book him. The Colonel told him if he insisted he'd book him but Elvis had to promise he'd turn up in shape for the concerts. When he didn't the Colonel was pissed, and understandably so, he was a man of his word and hated to come back on it.

The Colonel stifled his creativity, also stole money from him. Those facts are undeniable.

Not if you listen to any of the interviews done with Lo Anne Parker, Tom's wife for the last few years. According to her, Tom Parker was an absolute saint who never did anything wrong, was innocent of any wrong doing and was a perfect manager. :smt003

People say similar things about Elvis.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:29 pm

Joe Car wrote:
promiseland wrote:
Joe Car wrote:
sweetangeline wrote:

Yes he sure did!! He spent up all the millions Elvis made over the past 20 years
that he earned him since 1955!! And Boy, he sure forced all them drugs down Elvis and sure screwed his diet up to gain all that weight to look so good for CBS!! Man the Colonel sure screwed up Elvis!! :roll:

So the Colonel had no responsibility for Elvis' demise, now who is in denial. Any manager that steals millions from his client and then because he was a degenerate gambler, sells his client short where you have the biggest concert draw in Vegas history, not even the highest paid! No, the Colonel was good for Elvis. :roll: :roll:

None of that killed Elvis. Elvis killed Elvis.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:02 pm

Joe Car wrote:
promiseland wrote:
Joe Car wrote:
sweetangeline wrote:

As long as the girls kept showing up at the gate, the cars at the dealer and the paycheques from Elvis, nobody around Elvis cared to make him any wiser.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:57 am

DEH wrote:
Joe Car wrote:
promiseland wrote:
Joe Car wrote:
sweetangeline wrote:

That's exactly right.

It's time fans stop blaming the Colonel (and other's in Elvis circle) for his demise. Grow up you tards :mrgreen: ...

Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:51 pm

DEH wrote:
Joe Car wrote:
promiseland wrote:
Joe Car wrote:
sweetangeline wrote:

Yeah, okay. Anybody who thinks that the Colonel didn't have a hand in Elvis' demise, whether directly or indirectly, is in denial. Never once did I say that Elvis isn't to blame for his death, but no doubt that the Colonel has to share some of the blame!

Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:22 pm

He didn't. You are giving the Colonel to much credit. Other people have had dissappointments in life. Elvis could not get over his and chose to medicate himself when unhappy. Not the Colonels fault.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:00 pm

Joe Car wrote:
DEH wrote:
Joe Car wrote:
promiseland wrote:
Joe Car wrote:
sweetangeline wrote:

Yeah, okay. Anybody who thinks that the Colonel didn't have a hand in Elvis' demise, whether directly or indirectly, is in denial. Never once did I say that Elvis isn't to blame for his death, but no doubt that the Colonel has to share some of the blame!

totally agree, he should have found new challenges to keep his client fresh and stimulated.......he got paid more than enough

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:10 pm

Simon1 wrote:Got it yesterday and once more a fantastic issue, I particularly liked the interview by Arjan Deelen with Ed Bonja. Some nice background information about Elvis on the road. Also interesting to read for those who think Colonel was to blame for Elvis' downfall.

If you don't have a subscription yet, why not!?

Cheers,
Simon

Glad you liked the article, Simon. I enjoyed talking to Ed. He’s a straight talker and interviewing him gave me a fresh, more nuanced outlook on various things, especially the Colonel.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:18 am

debtd1 wrote:
Joe Car wrote:
DEH wrote:
Joe Car wrote:
promiseland wrote:
Joe Car wrote:
sweetangeline wrote:

totally agree, he should have found new challenges to keep his client fresh and stimulated.......he got paid more than enough

Question time. Why couldn't Elvis get another manager ?

Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:39 am

Rock Legend wrote:
Simon1 wrote:Got it yesterday and once more a fantastic issue, I particularly liked the interview by Arjan Deelen with Ed Bonja. Some nice background information about Elvis on the road. Also interesting to read for those who think Colonel was to blame for Elvis' downfall.

If you don't have a subscription yet, why not!?

Cheers,
Simon

Glad you liked the article, Simon. I enjoyed talking to Ed. He’s a straight talker and interviewing him gave me a fresh, more nuanced outlook on various things, especially the Colonel.

Thanks for this excellent interview Arjan. Reading the article gives you a fresh perspective on how things were on the road and indeed it was insightful to read what he had to say about the Colonel.
Cheers.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:38 pm

I'm looking forward to this issue as usual.

What I never ever look forward to is another FECC topic about how The Colonel screwed Elvis. I also never ever look forward to another topic about how a world tour could have saved Elvis from death (if only he knew it was that easy to kick the drugs, stop eating junk food, re-marry Priscilla and get rid of his life-long mental problems!).

I thought a topic about The Man And His Music was a safe place!

Keith Richards, Jr.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:59 pm

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:I'm looking forward to this issue as usual.

What I never ever look forward to is another FECC topic about how The Colonel screwed Elvis. I also never ever look forward to another topic about how a world tour could have saved Elvis from death (if only he knew it was that easy to kick the drugs, stop eating junk food, re-marry Priscilla and get rid of his life-long mental problems!).

Keith Richards, Jr.

How about changing this to a topic about a DVD release of "Elvis in concert"??? :wink:

Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:08 pm

Tony.. wrote:
Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:I'm looking forward to this issue as usual.

Keith Richards, Jr.

How about changing this to a topic about a DVD release of "Elvis in concert"??? :wink:

:D :D :D

Keith Richards, Jr.

Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:25 pm

:D what a superb issue!~ 8) The Ed Bonja interview is so sad, but revealing.... he quit because he lost all his money playing the Colonel gambling on tour- how immensly sad!~ but superb interview.
great CD reviews and for once i virtually agree with every one of em' and SA cd's get a 'good rating!~'
Micheal Werner of Cologne is THE one who NAILED the fault with the 'From Hawaii to Las Vegas ' CD...and created all the controvesy for a problem that SHOULD have been eliminated at SOURCE!~on same page John Dodd also makes same comment!~
Excellent issue and indeed great reading!~ 8) Too much Monkey Buisness looking at copyright law is also tremendous article!~