Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Hits of the 70's - New FTD!?

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:59 pm

poormadpeter wrote:No, that link is to your opinion of what the answer is. As you provide no evidence from Semon as to whether your answer is fact or not.

Mmm, I tried hunting around that link but only found Doc's guesses, unless, wait - unless he's Roger Semon?

Nah.

Re: Hits of the 70's - New FTD!?

Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:31 am

Yesterday I posted I thought EJ should dispose of Miss Reidel and let Mathew, elvisalisellers and jimmy cool be given a go. Admittedly I was half joking then. Having since read more about previous ftd failures and shortcomings, I think it would be a very good idea for EJ to invite each of those gents to restore soundboards. They couldn't f..k things up any worse than Ms Reidel has.

Re: Hits of the 70's - New FTD!?

Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:34 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Matthew wrote:If Roger is to be contacted the question majority want to know is why this compilation has come out on FTD at all?

This was answered 4 weeks ago. Pay attention. Your myopia on this subject is absolutely bizarre.

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=72275&p=1097089&#p1097089

You don't like the release. You don't like the bonus track "mistake." You have no plans to buy it.

We get it.

But you are wrong, Matthew.


Hey Johnno, is there actually anyone of the 117 FTD's you were less than satisfied ? Which one ? Was Lene Reidel involved ?

Re: Hits of the 70's - New FTD!?

Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:35 am

poormadpeter wrote:No, that link is to your opinion of what the answer is.

Always presumptuous, often incorrect.

It's not "opinion" if it was told to me by someone who knows. ;-)

Re: Hits of the 70's - New FTD!?

Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:40 am

YDKM wrote:i know of one FECC board member who complained bitterly (to me on the phone)about how bad this release was..... me i never even CONSIDERED buying it!~ :oops: :?
yet 'man and music' say they have SOLD OUT? incredable!~ :oops:


Why shouldn't it. HOTS is still a good set of songs despite some liberties taken by Semon and the mystery concerning My Way. Hey could there have been a last minute switch by Ernst as he's not a fan of EIC ?

Re: Hits of the 70's - New FTD!?

Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:41 am

Robt wrote:Hey Johnno, is there actually anyone of the 117 FTD's you were less than satisfied ?

Yup. In fact, poormadpeter claimed I've never said an untoward thing regarding any FTD release, which was -- surprise -- wrong, and my reply proving this is available for all to see. Go find it.

Re: Hits of the 70's - New FTD!?

Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:42 am

Perhaps this is a case for Mulder and Scully. These "ifs", "someones", and vague "off-the-records" just cannot be taken seriously otherwise.

The Truth Is Out There!

Re: Hits of the 70's - New FTD!?

Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:48 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Robt wrote:Hey Johnno, is there actually anyone of the 117 FTD's you were less than satisfied ?

Yup. In fact, poormadpeter claimed I've never said an untoward thing regarding any FTD release, which was -- surprise -- wrong, and my reply proving this is available for all to see. Go find it.


Yeah I read your reply - Too Much Monkey Business. So that's the only one ? None of the Reidel f-uck ups met with your disapproval at all ?

Re: Hits of the 70's - New FTD!?

Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:55 am

Robt wrote:Yeah I read your reply - Too Much Monkey Business.

If you read the reply there was no reason to ask the question today.

Re: Hits of the 70's - New FTD!?

Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:59 am

So which one of the Lene Reidel f-uck ups met with your disapproval - if any ?

Re: Hits of the 70's - New FTD!?

Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:15 am

No Comment hey Johnno ? Interesting :mrgreen: .

Re: Hits of the 70's - New FTD!?

Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:18 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:No, that link is to your opinion of what the answer is.

Always presumptuous, often incorrect.

It's not "opinion" if it was told to me by someone who knows. ;-)


Is the same person in the know who caused you to tell us that the release of A Boy From Tupelo was imminent four or five years ago? If so, yeah, sound good.

Re: Hits of the 70's - New FTD!?

Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:20 am

Matthew wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:No, that link is to your opinion of what the answer is. As you provide no evidence from Semon as to whether your answer is fact or not.

Mmm, I tried hunting around that link but only found Doc's guesses, unless, wait - unless he's Roger Semon?

Nah.


Nah, he's Lene Reidel - but only at the weekends!

Re: Hits of the 70's - New FTD!?

Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:28 am

poormadpeter wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:No, that link is to your opinion of what the answer is.

Always presumptuous, often incorrect.

It's not "opinion" if it was told to me by someone who knows. ;-)


Is the same person in the know who caused you to tell us that the release of A Boy From Tupelo was imminent four or five years ago? If so, yeah, sound good.

It's like a broken record. Always presumptuous, often incorrect.

Never made that explicit claim.

But any comment by me about FTD's Sun project -- at the time I posted it -- was true and correct.

As a self-touted published writer, it is peculiar you are unaware of how timelines and priorities change according to those who produce said project. Resources may disappear without forewarning, or new information of an urgent nature may suddenly present itself, and this necessarily changes the release date.

Of course, really, why should you care about A Boy From Tupelo? You didn't buy it this year, and you likely wouldn't have four or five years ago.

::rocks

Re: Hits of the 70's - New FTD!?

Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:57 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
As a self-touted published writer, it is peculiar you are unaware of how timelines and priorities change according to those who produce said project. Resources may disappear without forewarning, or new information of an urgent nature may suddenly present itself, and this necessarily changes the release date.



Your continual pressing of this point is quite disturbing and twisting information. I wrote a post that my first article had been published and I was proud of the fact - that such a fact is continually thrown in my face shows that it is you who are making things personal when it comes to our disagreements Doc, and not me. If you want to play that game, then fine. But don't go around moaning about it when you receive some of your own medicine.

Re: Hits of the 70's - New FTD!?

Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:02 pm

YDKM wrote:i know of one FECC board member who complained bitterly (to me on the phone)about how bad this release was..... me i never even CONSIDERED buying it!~ :oops: :?
yet 'man and music' say they have SOLD OUT? incredable!~ :oops:


I would imagine that they got a much smaller stock of this greatest hits package in to avoid ending up with lots of unsold copies on their shelves.

Re: Hits of the 70's - New FTD!?

Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:44 pm

Tony.. wrote:
YDKM wrote:i know of one FECC board member who complained bitterly (to me on the phone)about how bad this release was..... me i never even CONSIDERED buying it!~ :oops: :?
yet 'man and music' say they have SOLD OUT? incredable!~ :oops:


I would imagine that they got a much smaller stock of this greatest hits package in to avoid ending up with lots of unsold copies on their shelves.

I think you're right. Most likely FTD pressed only 2000-3000 copies and even this relatively small amount will bring good profit. They sell them within a couple of months, they don't have to stock them long. Instant profit from dumb fans who buy everything. :?