Post here your Elvis' pictures

Elvis posing with fans may 2 1977 Chicago

Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:09 am

Found on ebay, a days ago...

Nice pic, Elvis is really posing in this pic..... No rush, no hurry.

Imo it's shot in 77, anybody a specific date?

Ed
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by ed40 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Elvis posing with fans 1977

Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:29 am

A banana for the monkey on his back?

Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:31 am

very nice pic, he looks great. love it :smt023

Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:00 am

New to me. Thanks for sharing! ::rocks

Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:01 am

Chicago, May 2nd 1977.

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid-central/banana050277.html

Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:05 am

ed40 wrote:Found on ebay, a days ago...

Nice pic, Elvis is really posing in this pic..... No rush, no hurry.

Imo it's shot in 77, anybody a specific date?

Ed

It appears to be in Chicago on May 2, 1977.

Elvis gave two sold-out shows at Chicago Stadium, "The Madhouse on Madison," on May 1-2, 1977.

Chicago Stadium
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_Stadium

Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:12 am

His appearance certainly improved when he wasn't in the Sundial attire.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:11 am

What else is in his hand? A lollipop?

Wearing a Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs windbreaker, with a "DEA Staff" sweat suit packed in his wardrobe. All while walking around full of Dilaudid and Quaalude.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:32 am

elvisjock wrote:What else is in his hand? A lollipop?

Wearing a Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs windbreaker, with a "DEA Staff" sweat suit packed in his wardrobe. All while walking around full of Dilaudid and Quaalude.

It appears to be a Tootsie-Pop.

He was not likely "full of Dilaudid and Quaalude" in that photo, those medications were usually reserved for when he was away from the stage or public.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:21 am

Thank you all for the input guys !!

::rocks

Ed

Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:54 am

Rob wrote:His appearance certainly improved when he wasn't in the Sundial attire.

The pic is a nice find. Elvis seems to have always enjoyed special moments with the fans.

Rob, I believe they should have retired that sundial suit in 1974. Never was one of my favorites. IMHO, Elvis should have not worn that jumpsuit in 1977. Too bad he wasn't wearing the two-piece suits from 1975 throughout 76 & 77.

rlj

Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:04 am

rlj4ep wrote:
Rob wrote:His appearance certainly improved when he wasn't in the Sundial attire.

The pic is a nice find. Elvis seems to have always enjoyed special moments with the fans.

Rob, I believe they should have retired that sundial suit in 1974. Never was one of my favorites. IMHO, Elvis should have not worn that jumpsuit in 1977. Too bad he wasn't wearing the two-piece suits from 1975 throughout 76 & 77.

rlj

not one of my favorite suits :smt018

Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:00 pm

Didn't I read somewhere he was bailing Billy or David out of jail here?

Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:36 pm

Thanks ed40. This is a much better copy of the photo!

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... 50277.html

Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:40 pm

Looking at his eyes he looks so sad. Tough to see him like this, at least for me.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:41 am

Don't know why, but on this picture he actually looks like a 42-year-old man (which is still quite young when you thing about it). His sideburns do need to be redyed though.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:31 am

Mister Mike wrote:Don't know why, but on this picture he actually looks like a 42-year-old man (which is still quite young when you thing about it). His sideburns do need to be redyed though.

A tad bit grey 8)

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:07 pm

Have to hand it to him for this one though. Everyone knows how by this time he hated being seen off stage, and yet he has obviously taken care in this instance not to ruin these fan's moments; he seems composed, and sharing in the moment. It is the sometimes small things like this that makes me proud to be an Elvis fan for life.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:32 pm

paulsweeney wrote:Thanks ed40. This is a much better copy of the photo!

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... 50277.html

Very welcome Paul, keep up the good work on your great website!!! :smt006

Ed

Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:36 pm

FrankieRider2 wrote:Have to hand it to him for this one though. Everyone knows how by this time he hated being seen off stage, and yet he has obviously taken care in this instance not to ruin these fan's moments; he seems composed, and sharing in the moment. It is the sometimes small things like this that makes me proud to be an Elvis fan for life.

I totally agree. Nice observation.

Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:17 am

FrankieRider2 wrote:Have to hand it to him for this one though. Everyone knows how by this time he hated being seen off stage, and yet he has obviously taken care in this instance not to ruin these fan's moments; he seems composed, and sharing in the moment. It is the sometimes small things like this that makes me proud to be an Elvis fan for life.

Two thumbs up

Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:32 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
elvisjock wrote:What else is in his hand? A lollipop?

It appears to be a Tootsie-Pop.

He was not likely "full of Dilaudid and Quaalude" in that photo, those medications were usually reserved for when he was away from the stage or public.

Maybe so but he looks stoned in that pic.

Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:23 pm

Marko wrote: Maybe so but he looks stoned in that pic.

How in the world can you determine that? It's a still photo... What in the still picture posted above gives you any indication that Elvis is "stoned" as you stated?

rlj

Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:40 pm

By May of '77 Elvis was on heavy-duty narcotics of some type daily, whether on tour or at home. He couldn't function without them, at that point.

My earlier comment simply noted the contradiction between his lifestyle and the badge displayed on his chest.

Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:21 pm

rlj4ep wrote:
Marko wrote: Maybe so but he looks stoned in that pic.

How in the world can you determine that? It's a still photo... What in the still picture posted above gives you any indication that Elvis is "stoned" as you stated?

rlj

That he looks stoned? The look in his eyes plus the information (as noted by elvisjock) about his drug intake at this stage of his life.