Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Hits of the 70's - New FTD!?

Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:08 pm

Matthew wrote:Why would I make fun of his post ...

Because that's what you've done when presented with a factual reply on this topic.

Matthew wrote:I suppose I could just write "you're wrong John" ...

rockinrebel's name is John? ;-)

He ain't wrong, he stated the same facts as I did earlier. And these points have not been invalidated a whit by any of your childish replies. I am disappointed that I have acknowledged the validity of some of what you say, and my reward from you is one-liners. At least they could have been funny one-liners.

Re: Hits of the 70's - New FTD!?

Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:48 pm

You're wrong John.

Re: Hits of the 70's - New FTD!?

Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:04 am

Are you cats still raving on about Hits of the 70's escape...err release !!! Jeez it's done now, fait accompli. Lets move on and egg Ernst on for FTD re-issues of Elvis in Demand, The Sound of Your Cry, and I Can Help.

Re: Hits of the 70's - New FTD!?

Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:36 am

Sweet.

Re: Hits of the 70's - New FTD!?

Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:58 am

Matthew, did you buy the hits FTD? I know someone has said that the tracklisting in the booklet doesn't give dates, but I'm pretty certain I read here that it is the 21 June, 1977 version which is discussed in the actual liner notes? I thought it was you, but may be mistaken.

Re: Hits of the 70's - New FTD!?

Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:51 am

poormadpeter wrote:Matthew, did you buy the hits FTD? I know someone has said that the tracklisting in the booklet doesn't give dates, but I'm pretty certain I read here that it is the 21 June, 1977 version which is discussed in the actual liner notes? I thought it was you, but may be mistaken.

It wasn't me.

Re: Hits of the 70's - New FTD!?

Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:07 am

Found it. It was the following post I was referring to - not from you after all, Matthew!

rockinrebel wrote:There is no recording information in the booklet for any of the tracks featured. However, the "My Way"/"America" single is included in the '70's singles discography, and there is a full page photograph of the red vinyl "My Way" single, with a label which reads 'taken from the album Elvis In Concert' on the back cover of the booklet.

It would seem therefore, that the artwork was prepared with a view to the June '77 version being included.

Re: Hits of the 70's - New FTD!?

Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:15 am

poormadpeter wrote:Found it. It was the following post I was referring to - not from you after all, Matthew!

rockinrebel wrote:There is no recording information in the booklet for any of the tracks featured. However, the "My Way"/"America" single is included in the '70's singles discography, and there is a full page photograph of the red vinyl "My Way" single, with a label which reads 'taken from the album Elvis In Concert' on the back cover of the booklet.

It would seem therefore, that the artwork was prepared with a view to the June '77 version being included.

There is no question (no question) that the Rapid City "My Way" was meant for the FTD. What's that? Oh, no question.

I hear a special Christmas FTD EP promo is coming out:

1) Merry Christmas Baby (unedited/undubbed master)
2) Promised Land (take 1)
3) My Way (single master)

Supposedly it is the start of a new collection.

Re: Hits of the 70's - New FTD!?

Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:18 am

Matthew wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:Found it. It was the following post I was referring to - not from you after all, Matthew!

rockinrebel wrote:There is no recording information in the booklet for any of the tracks featured. However, the "My Way"/"America" single is included in the '70's singles discography, and there is a full page photograph of the red vinyl "My Way" single, with a label which reads 'taken from the album Elvis In Concert' on the back cover of the booklet.

It would seem therefore, that the artwork was prepared with a view to the June '77 version being included.

There is no question (no question) that the Rapid City "My Way" was meant for the FTD. What's that? Oh, no question.

I hear a special Christmas FTD EP promo is coming out:

1) Merry Christmas Baby (unedited/undubbed master)
2) Promised Land (take 1)
3) My Way (single master)

Supposedly it is the start of a new collection.


It might be an EP, but it has the duration of a full album due to being mastered at the wrong speed. :D

Re: Hits of the 70's - New FTD!?

Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:25 am

12 pages of discussion on this new CD? I need to order this one it seems pretty popular! :D

Re: Hits of the 70's - New FTD!?

Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:29 am

promiseland wrote:12 pages of discussion on this new CD? I need to order this one it seems pretty popular! :D

It is FTD's flagship title. Now that new ground has been taken we can look forward to various nostalgic compilations from the past on our very own premuim collectors label.

Re: Hits of the 70's - New FTD!?

Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:33 am

Matthew wrote:
promiseland wrote:12 pages of discussion on this new CD? I need to order this one it seems pretty popular! :D

It is FTD's flagship title. Now that new ground has been taken we can look forward to various nostalgic compilations from the past on our very own premuim collectors label.

I know I was just being sarcastic, I don't plan on owning this, as I don't see the point, unless it's just to finish an FTD collection to be complete.
Someone must have been on vacation when this one was decided.

Re: Hits of the 70's - New FTD!?

Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:00 am

I purchased it. And it is sitting here while I try to decide if I should break the seal. It might make for better resale value still sealed.

Brian

Re: Hits of the 70's - New FTD!?

Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:08 am

bpmod wrote:I purchased it. And it is sitting here while I try to decide if I should break the seal. It might make for better resale value still sealed.

Brian


Send it back. It's got the wrong performance of "MY Way" on it Hahahahaha

Re: Hits of the 70's - New FTD!?

Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:12 am

Matthew wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:Found it. It was the following post I was referring to - not from you after all, Matthew!

rockinrebel wrote:There is no recording information in the booklet for any of the tracks featured. However, the "My Way"/"America" single is included in the '70's singles discography, and there is a full page photograph of the red vinyl "My Way" single, with a label which reads 'taken from the album Elvis In Concert' on the back cover of the booklet.

It would seem therefore, that the artwork was prepared with a view to the June '77 version being included.

There is no question (no question) that the Rapid City "My Way" was meant for the FTD. What's that? Oh, no question.

I hear a special Christmas FTD EP promo is coming out:

1) Merry Christmas Baby (unedited/undubbed master)
2) Promised Land (take 1)
3) My Way (single master)

Supposedly it is the start of a new collection.


Maybe Saginaw version was issued by mistake. Anyway try sending pm to Roger Semon, who supposedly compiled this baby on his own initiative.
Last edited by Robt on Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Hits of the 70's - New FTD!?

Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:36 am

If Roger is to be contacted the question majority want to know is why this compilation has come out on FTD at all?

Re: Hits of the 70's - New FTD!?

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:41 am

I wasn't aware which version it was when I got the set! In fact, the 77 version of My Way wasn't my favourite after all. But, when listening to the version on this FTD I was pleasantly surprised how good the sound and mix was! Not, least Elvis' voice on this.
I really couldn't care less if it's dated wrongly! I actually like it!
(I've got the singles version on the silver box set). :)

Re: Hits of the 70's - New FTD!?

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:58 am

bajo wrote:(I've got the singles version on the silver box set). :)

The audio on that is not all it's cracked up to be - listen on headphones to the S-sounds. Maybe it sounds like this on the single but certainly the performance is rendered better on the Elvis In Concert CDs.

Re: Hits of the 70's - New FTD!?

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:16 am

Long since I played them Matthew. But, when I heard the FTD version, it makes wanna go back and listen to the other versions. I'll check'em out when I get home in a couple of days. :)

Re: Hits of the 70's - New FTD!?

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:45 am

i know of one FECC board member who complained bitterly (to me on the phone)about how bad this release was..... me i never even CONSIDERED buying it!~ :oops: :?
yet 'man and music' say they have SOLD OUT? incredable!~ :oops:

Re: Hits of the 70's - New FTD!?

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:57 am

One thing I noticed is that the 2008 "Sounds Cool" version of "Hits Of The 70's" also has the April 1977 version of "My Way":
hit's_of_the_70's_back_1.jpg

http://www.elvisoncd.com/frame.htm?http ... the70s.htm
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Hits of the 70's - New FTD!?

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:22 pm

JimmyCool wrote:One thing I noticed is that the 2008 "Sounds Cool" version of "Hits Of The 70's" also has the April 1977 version of "My Way":
hit's_of_the_70's_back_1.jpg

http://www.elvisoncd.com/frame.htm?http ... the70s.htm

Why did this label list the US chart placings when Hits Of The 70s was a UK hits compilation?

Re: Hits of the 70's - New FTD!?

Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:18 pm

Matthew wrote:
JimmyCool wrote:One thing I noticed is that the 2008 "Sounds Cool" version of "Hits Of The 70's" also has the April 1977 version of "My Way":
hit's_of_the_70's_back_1.jpg

http://www.elvisoncd.com/frame.htm?http ... the70s.htm

Why did this label list the US chart placings when Hits Of The 70s was a UK hits compilation?


Perhaps ftd were involved with this too? (*slaps wrist*)

Re: Hits of the 70's - New FTD!?

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:48 pm

Matthew wrote:If Roger is to be contacted the question majority want to know is why this compilation has come out on FTD at all?

This was answered 4 weeks ago. Pay attention. Your myopia on this subject is absolutely bizarre.

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=72275&p=1097089&#p1097089

You don't like the release. You don't like the bonus track "mistake." You have no plans to buy it.

We get it.

But you are wrong, Matthew.

Re: Hits of the 70's - New FTD!?

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:07 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Matthew wrote:If Roger is to be contacted the question majority want to know is why this compilation has come out on FTD at all?

This was answered 4 weeks ago. Pay attention. Your myopia on this subject is absolutely bizarre.

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=72275&p=1097089&#p1097089

You don't like the release. You don't like the bonus track "mistake." You have no plans to buy it.

We get it.

But you are wrong, Matthew.


No, that link is to your opinion of what the answer is. As you provide no evidence from Semon as to whether your answer is fact or not.