Off Topic Messages

Software forum ?

Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:36 pm

When can this forum be accessed ? i have some useful software to share if peeps might want it ?

Re: Software forum ?

Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:33 am

I agree....what is the point of a closed forum

Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:35 pm

also, what's the point of the "Not available" forum?

Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:11 pm

What are ya'll talking about?? I'm confused.....

Re: Software forum ? -->reason

Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:48 pm

The 'Software" section on this forum was planned be me over a year ago. Me and PEP had discussed this section for members to access, and have discussions, and available links for legal downloads such as Winzip, Winrar, Flac codecs Nero, and other such burning software that may be useful for ripping, copying, burning. backing up, and such discussions on "How To's" and the like.

It was to be monitored by me as a mod over this section to assure no illegal uploads, or links, or postings to any such materials as CD keys, serial numbers, cracks, patches, torrents, or copyrighted traded software.

There has been many discussions in the "Off Topic" section related to "What is best..or how to.., Ipods, Flac, Losseless, Mp3, Andriod, Windows, Antivirus,Youtube, audio/video formatting and other various software related Topics. This section would have all these Topics in one place for those who are experienced, or just new at learning and starting out.

FECC is a CD collectors forum, and many here who collect also compile, rip, burn, or simply backup their collections, or photos, etc.. will find this sub-section very handy and knowledgeable, and a great asset to FECC.

One of the PM's We Discussed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:26 pm

Sounds great! When does it happen?

Maybe we could also discuss the technicalities of video/film as well. I just went to a special screening of Trek-TNG in HD tonight and it was fascinating. Only the raw film itself "had the resolution" -- no special effects or anything. So they are rebuilding the entire series from the ground up.

Your tech knowledge enabled me to understand it at all! Seriously. But now I have more questions! Just fascinating.

Also, with music going wireless, the tech issues are very important presently. I just transferred a playlist to the amazon cloud and it reduced my songs from 320 kbs to a lower rate. I did not like that! Lots of questons!

Is it happening?

rjm

Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:21 pm

It will soon rjm.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:05 pm

rjm wrote:Sounds great! When does it happen?

Maybe we could also discuss the technicalities of video/film as well. I just went to a special screening of Trek-TNG in HD tonight and it was fascinating. Only the raw film itself "had the resolution" -- no special effects or anything. So they are rebuilding the entire series from the ground up.

Your tech knowledge enabled me to understand it at all! Seriously. But now I have more questions! Just fascinating.

Also, with music going wireless, the tech issues are very important presently. I just transferred a playlist to the amazon cloud and it reduced my songs from 320 kbs to a lower rate. I did not like that! Lots of questons!

Is it happening?

rjm

We (better say They) should have a section just for you.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:32 am

Francesc wrote:
rjm wrote:Sounds great! When does it happen?

Is it happening?

rjm

We (better say They) should have a section just for you.

You kill me! :smt002

rjm

Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:46 pm

We should also have a forum where I can argue with myself.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:28 pm

That section would be a great addition to this already awesome forum :wink: