Post here your Elvis' pictures

July 13, 1975

Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:01 am

A nice photo from July 13, 1975 and with this, this is for now my last post in this section, When the section goes back to what used to be then I may get interested in participating again. The idea of just posting photos and photos and ty ty to all of you in all the posts doesn't attract me too much.

:smt006

PS For the person who studied Elvis for 43 years. You confused the White Matador with the Red Flower suit ... :smt005
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: July 13, 1975

Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:32 am

A new one on me thank you Francesc. I for one will be sad to see you leave but understand fully your reasons. Hopefully you will reconsider your decision as, and I think I speak for everyone on this forum, you are considered invaluable here because of your knowledge and expertise. I must say I have learned so much from you and others on here and the only way people like me can go on learning is by gaining knowledge from experts like yourself. Please don't let one bad apple spoil it for yourself ( how long have you been a member here? The work you have done, don't throw it all away because of one ) and the rest of us, this forum needs you simple as.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:34 pm

Francesc wrote:A nice photo from July 13, 1975 and with this, this is for now my last post in this section, When the section goes back to what used to be then I may get interested in participating again. The idea of just posting photos and photos and ty ty to all of you in all the posts doesn't attract me too much.

:smt006

PS For the person who studied Elvis for 43 years. You confused the White Matador with the Red Flower suit ... :smt005

How about we link them to somewhere else would that help?

Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:36 pm

After that bad dream, I understand where you're coming from. But I know where to find you ;-)

Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:17 pm

Francesc wrote:A nice photo from July 13, 1975 and with this, this is for now my last post in this section, When the section goes back to what used to be ...

What did it used to be?

Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:27 pm

..... :smt006 .....
Last edited by steevefry on Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:45 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Francesc wrote:A nice photo from July 13, 1975 and with this, this is for now my last post in this section, When the section goes back to what used to be ...

What did it used to be?

Name-calling, personal attacks and general nastiness I would guess.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:16 pm

Andy, I can see Fransesc's frustration.

I love the fact Karlos, you and others are keen to share photos, it's always appreciated. However, sometimes, a specific thread is opened in the hope of dating a particular photo, or tour etc, and some of the most interesting, fascinating discussions have come about that way from fantastic contributors such as Scott Hayward, The Fool, Fransesc, Paul, Funky (where's he these days!) and others.

In those threads, it would be great to stick with the question being asked - Karlos seems to enjoy just posting random photos in these threads without thinking that it distracts from the discussion at hand. So, in the Blue Swirl / Blue Rainbow discussion, for example, there was no need for any photos from other tours or even other years to be posted there. There's nothing wrong with opening, or adding to the existing general thread about the Blue Swirl suit with general pics. He added photos from September and even 1976, just because the suit was the same, and in one case, a totally different suit. In a different thread, specifically asking about the name of the Matador suit, from screen shots taken in November 71, pictures from Spokane in 73 of the Red Flower suit end up being posted for no reason.

We have to make space for everyone to contribute, but also ensure we respect the valued experts here.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:38 pm

Polk Salad Andy wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

What did it used to be?

Exactly.
Reading post after post with name-calling, personal attacs and general nastiness has taken away most of the fun we used to have in here.
We´ve had so many great discussions and managed to date so many photos and so many new photos have been posted.
I´m still saving the new photos that are being posted to my PC but I seldom participate in the discussions any more, unless I am specifically asked to or if it is a subject that I like to discuss.
Too bad we can´t be civilized and treat each other with respect.
Keep in touch francesc, you know where to find me.

SIncerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:54 pm

Francesc wrote:PS For the person who studied Elvis for 43 years. You confused the White Matador with the Red Flower suit ... :smt005

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003

Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:58 pm

DarrylMac wrote:In those threads, it would be great to stick with the question being asked - Karlos seems to enjoy just posting random photos in these threads without thinking that it distracts from the discussion at hand. So, in the Blue Swirl / Blue Rainbow discussion, for example, there was no need for any photos from other tours or even other years to be posted there. There's nothing wrong with opening, or adding to the existing general thread about the Blue Swirl suit with general pics. He added photos from September and even 1976, just because the suit was the same, and in one case, a totally different suit. In a different thread, specifically asking about the name of the Matador suit, from screen shots taken in November 71, pictures from Spokane in 73 of the Red Flower suit end up being posted for no reason.

We have to make space for everyone to contribute, but also ensure we respect the valued experts here.

I agree.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:48 am

Polk Salad Andy wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

What did it used to be?

Ty Andy for your support mate - Ok now this is to Darryl Mac and all of you have criticised my posts - Ok ty for your reply - I truly appreciate what you all have to say -

All I was doing was sharing my knowledge and varying my posts with pics - Okay - Nothn more - Yes Francesc I have studied Elvis my idol for 43 years or more and I really enjoy this -

Its been my hobby since I was 6 years to date -

Btw - Francesc - we area ll human n not perfect in any way - thats my disagreement to you at mo -

we all make mistakes dont we Francesc - ok - I will continue to share my knowledge and pics here for who evr wants to enjoy em -
All I am is a devoted /loyal fan for many years and no one or nothing can stop me from being one -
Amen - So lets all drop it and be fans as we should and love and respect our idol -Elvis - Ty -

Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:25 am

By all means post your photos Karlos, I know you have some good ones but try & post them in the correct categories if you can...use the search bar at the bottom of the picture section page if you need to to find specific dates/venues & go from there. It can be a little annoying when '75 photos are posted on a '71 thread for instance. Also wherever possible try & post genuine photos instead of screen grabs.....can't speak for anyone else but they really annoy me. Hope this helps.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:27 am

Stunning photo of the Inca Suit by the way

Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:29 am

AlohaEagle wrote:By all means post your photos Karlos, I know you have some good ones but try & post them in the correct categories if you can...use the search bar at the bottom of the picture section page if you need to to find specific dates/venues & go from there. It can be a little annoying when '75 photos are posted on a '71 thread for instance. Also wherever possible try & post genuine photos instead of screen grabs.....can't speak for anyone else but they really annoy me. Hope this helps.

Okay Aloha Eagle - I Apologise To Every one who I may hve upsetted -
# Iwill do my utmost best in de future
Ty for advice Aloha Eagle -
im so glad u like inc suit pic -
enjoy all buddy I add from tyme to tyme -

Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:34 am

Note the orchestra member that is standing. What's he playing? Kettle Drums? (It's obviously not Eddie Graham, though.)

Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:54 am

Is it so damn hard to type the words 'thank you'? Is taking three or four extra seconds so difficult?

Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:03 pm

Polk Salad Andy wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

What did it used to be?

Really?

Anyone who is a regular member knows that Francesc had no problem posting in that manner on a frequent basis.

So he misses that? Odd. I don't like it one bit.

Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:14 am

Polk Salad Andy wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

What did it used to be?

all those things are still going on on here........