Off Topic Messages

member David Neale

Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:08 pm

Friends, David Neale is in hospital, has been since Monday. His left kidney has been removed because there was cancer in it. He sounds pretty chipper, but if you have his e-mail address, please drop him a line. If you don't, send PMs to me, and I will gladly forward them.

Thanks,

Nancy

Re: member David Neale

Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:48 pm

My Kindle just ate my PM. (sigh) I will re-send first thing in the morning. Thinking about him!

Thank you for letting us know.

rjm

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:20 pm

latebloomer wrote:Friends, David Neale is in hospital, has been since Monday. His left kidney has been removed because there was cancer in it. He sounds pretty chipper, but if you have his e-mail address, please drop him a line. If you don't, send PMs to me, and I will gladly forward them.

Thanks,

Nancy

Exactly the same thing happened to my father when he was around 50. He went on to live another 15 years with just one kidney, so I wish David well. How old is he?

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:55 pm

Tony, I don't know. I'm just hoping he'll be okay. He's one of the nicest people I know.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:38 pm

Many thanks to those who have already sent me wishes for a speedy recovery and those who intend to do so.

Still a bit tender, but progress is being made. I should be going home on Monday, 3 December, if all goes according to plan.

Just to clear things up, I am now 64 years old, but was born at a very young age.

Incidentally, before coming to hospital, I put up a couple more "in depth" original research results on my site, one for "A Hundred Years From Now" and the other for "We'll Be Together."

Find them at http://davidneale.eu/elvis/ahyfn/ and http://davidneale.eu/elvis/wbt/

Again, thanks for the good wishes.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:42 pm

All the best David.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:52 pm

davidneale wrote:Many thanks to those who have already sent me wishes for a speedy recovery and those who intend to do so.

Still a bit tender, but progress is being made. I should be going home on Monday, 3 December, if all goes according to plan.

Just to clear things up, I am now 64 years old, but was born at a very young age.

Incidentally, before coming to hospital, I put up a couple more "in depth" original research results on my site, one for "A Hundred Years From Now" and the other for "We'll Be Together."

Find them at http://davidneale.eu/elvis/ahyfn/ and http://davidneale.eu/elvis/wbt/

Again, thanks for the good wishes.

Sorry to read of your bad luck. Keep fighting David. Also Great website you have.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:32 pm

Good to see you posting, David.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:01 am

all the very best David - Prayn for you
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:33 am

All the best to you David....hope you will recover soon :smt006 . Cancer is nasty to get in touch with(I was diagnosed with cancer myself last year), but it can be beaten.....you just hang on there and fight friend.

I love your web.....has been using it for quite some years now.....it`s great, you`ve done some real good work for Elvisfans.....thanks for that.

Thanks to your web, I`ve started to "collect" Elvis songs "The originals" on youtube. My list is far from complete yet, but as long as I can get to your web I`ll keep adding to it along the way.....
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... re=mh_lolz

TLC
Elvisa
Last edited by elvisa on Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:40 am

As noted on the mirrored post in Off-Topic, do let him know our thoughts.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:55 am

From a fan:

David,

I've followed your Originals site for years - before I knew about forums, I found your site. I have wanted to thank you. You are a true Original.

Please get well ASAP!

All good wishes, thoughts and my prayers for a swift recovery. Good to see you posting!

All the best,
Robin

Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:04 am

elvisa wrote:All the best to you David....hope you will recover soon :smt006 . Cancer is nasty to get in touch with(I was diagnosed with cancer myself last year), but it can be beaten.....you just hang on there and fight friend.

I love your web.....has been using it for quite some years now.....it`s great, you`ve done some real good work for Elvisfans.....thanks for that.

Thanks to your web, I`ve started to "collect" Elvis songs "The originals" on youtube. My list is far from complete yet, but as long as I can get to your web I`ll keep adding to it along the way.....
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... re=mh_lolz

TLC
Elvisa

Elvisa,

That is very cool! Your channel! I'm going to subscribe, now!

Thanks. And again, all the best, David.

rjm

Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:55 am

Thought you'd like to read this:

Hello Nancy,

Many thanks for posting the message about my medical condition on the FECC forum. Yesterday evening I received some emails of an "Elvis nature," one of which mentioned the forum, so I had a look to see what was happening. Very heartening to know that people one has never met in reality can care so much.

Not having such a good morning now, so shall not write more, other than to thank you once again.

David

---

My registered-nurse aunt once told me that the fourth day after surgery was the worst: One is improved enough to discover how rotten one feels! Today was David's fourth day, poor guy. I feel for him. Hopefully, tomorrow he'll begin to improve little each day.

Thanks everyone who sent PMs. All have been forwarded, and he has read the messages here, saw them just as I was about to make a compilation. You're a great bunch of folks.

Nancy

Please keep David in your prayers a while longer.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:56 am

Thought you'd like to read this:

Hello Nancy,

Many thanks for posting the message about my medical condition on the FECC forum. Yesterday evening I received some emails of an "Elvis nature," one of which mentioned the forum, so I had a look to see what was happening. Very heartening to know that people one has never met in reality can care so much.

Not having such a good morning now, so shall not write more, other than to thank you once again.

David

---

My registered-nurse aunt once told me that the fourth day after surgery was the worst: One is improved enough to discover how rotten one feels! Today was David's fourth day, poor guy. I feel for him. Hopefully, tomorrow he'll begin to improve little each day.

Thanks everyone who sent PMs. All have been forwarded, and he has read the messages here, saw them just as I was about to make a compilation. You're a great bunch of folks.

Nancy

Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:02 pm

latebloomer wrote:Thought you'd like to read this:

Hello Nancy,

David

---

Nancy

We will Nancy. Hope David feels better soon,

Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:47 pm

All the best, David!

Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:03 pm

Hang in there David!

Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:09 pm

Wishing you a speedy recovery! All the best.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:16 am

All the best, David.
I really enjoy your website.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:27 am

God bless you David and keep it strong!

Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:11 pm

For what its worth David, this stranger to you in the west coast of Scotland has you in his thoughts this sunday afternoon, all the best to you and my sincere hopes everything works out for you.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:16 am

Best wishes, David, for a speedy, healthy recovery. Thinking of you.....

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:53 am

Best wishes for a speedy recovery David

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:57 pm

Keep up the good fight David hope your on the mend soon.