Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Sir Cliff Richard Wants A 'Cliff And Elvis' Duets Album

Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:57 am

Gary1 wrote:Cliff is probably thinking by singing a duet albeit a fake one with Elvis that's the only way he'd get a record in the charts now.

His last three studio albums were top 10 in the UK but yes,Cliff is desperate for another number one single but I feel he's missed the boat on that one.It wouldn't have been out of the question that a Cliff/Elvis duet single would have got to no 1
a decade ago but not now.

norrie

Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:19 am

ColinB wrote:
Elvisgirl wrote:that would be awesome! (I think ColinB will agree with me on that)

Why does my name always crop up when he is mentioned ?

Same age bracket, I guess. :smt002

Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:26 am

I think it depends on what song (s) Cliff wants to duet on. Certainly 1 track could set the tone for a Elvis and Friends duets but with Male artist's this time. Artist's that idolised EP from the 50's to present day could be included. Hey what if it were EP with another deceased icon, such as Orbison, Buddy Holly or even Johnny Cash ?!!!!!

Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:01 am

No thanks, Harry!

Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:03 am

keninlincs wrote:No thanks, Harry!

Thats like Westlife doing a fake duet with Bruce Springsteen

Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:41 pm

ColinB wrote:
Elvisgirl wrote:that would be awesome! (I think ColinB will agree with me on that)

:smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005
we all know how much you love him! :smt001

Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:24 pm

Jove wrote:
ColinB wrote:

Same age bracket, I guess. :smt002

hahahahaha :smt005 :smt005

Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:02 pm

Id buy it

Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:15 pm

Just for interest I checked the Cliff Richard Official Website and the vast majority of his fans are in favour of it. On the other hand, virtually 95% of the Elvis fans on various websites appear to be against it.

Brian

Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:20 pm

Brian Quinn wrote:Just for interest I checked the Cliff Richard Official Website and the vast majority of his fans are in favour of it. On the other hand, virtually 95% of the Elvis fans on various websites appear to be against it.

Brian

HIGHLY Interesting Brian- THANK-YOU :roll:

Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:37 pm

Brian Quinn wrote:Just for interest I checked the Cliff Richard Official Website and the vast majority of his fans are in favour of it. On the other hand, virtually 95% of the Elvis fans on various websites appear to be against it.

Brian

I'm a fan of both, where does that leave me smt179

Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:41 am

I would certainly buy it as a collector of both artists. It would probably be a better release if he did a 50s type of rock and roll duet cd with living stars of the 50s like Jerry Lee, L Richard, Chuck, etc and some with deceased yet still popular artists like Elvis, B Holly, Gene Vincent, Rick Nelson. Maybe even one with Shakin' Stevens
If you've seen Cliff live recently, you will know that he can still rock with the best of them. It would have been a better cd in 2000 to celebrate the new millenium but still worthwhile.
Considering how poorly Elvis is being marketed these days (eg Prince from Another Planet), a duet cd with Cliff can only help expose Elvis to more people.
Lucio

Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:21 am

lucio wrote:I would certainly buy it as a collector of both artists. It would probably be a better release if he did a 50s type of rock and roll duet cd with living stars of the 50s like Jerry Lee, L Richard, Chuck, etc and some with deceased yet still popular artists like Elvis, B Holly, Gene Vincent, Rick Nelson. Maybe even one with Shakin' Stevens
If you've seen Cliff live recently, you will know that he can still rock with the best of them. It would have been a better cd in 2000 to celebrate the new millenium but still worthwhile.
Considering how poorly Elvis is being marketed these days (eg Prince from Another Planet), a duet cd with Cliff can only help expose Elvis to more people.
Lucio

I saw him in 2009, with The Shadows, it was their 50th anniversary tour, and it was absolutely amazing and he sure rocked :smt023 saw him also another time before that. when/if he comes to my country again, i am definitely going to see him again. never gonna miss out on a Cliff concert when the opportunity is there. CLIFF ROCKS :smt023

Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:02 am

Elvisgirl wrote:
lucio wrote:I would certainly buy it as a collector of both artists. It would probably be a better release if he did a 50s type of rock and roll duet cd with living stars of the 50s like Jerry Lee, L Richard, Chuck, etc and some with deceased yet still popular artists like Elvis, B Holly, Gene Vincent, Rick Nelson. Maybe even one with Shakin' Stevens
Lucio

I saw him in 2009, with The Shadows, it was their 50th anniversary tour, and it was absolutely amazing and he sure rocked :smt023 saw him also another time before that. when/if he comes to my country again, i am definitely going to see him again. never gonna miss out on a Cliff concert when the opportunity is there. CLIFF ROCKS :smt023

I saw him with the Shadows also on 2009 on their 50th Anniversary tour, it sure was a Dynamite , where did you saw them ? i saw them In London :)
Im very glad i had the chamce to see them all together on one stage, also got to meet the Shadows in the VIP room ;)
:smt006

Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:19 am

Brian

Does this mean that the Elvis fans fear that Cliff be better than Mr Presley

And that Cliff fans have confidence in their knight.

To those who snidely suggest that Cliff is trying to get a number one............Elvis would also get a number one!

Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:25 am

KiwiAlan wrote:

Brian

And that Cliff fans have confidence in their knight.

No.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:14 pm

[quote="KiwiAlan

I really don't think so.

To those who snidely suggest that Cliff is trying to get a number one............Elvis would also get a number one![/quote]
Maybe so but i'm sure Elvis doesn't need cliffs help.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:31 pm

california boy wrote:
Elvisgirl wrote:
Lucio

I saw him with the Shadows also on 2009 on their 50th Anniversary tour, it sure was a Dynamite , where did you saw them ? i saw them In London :)
Im very glad i had the chamce to see them all together on one stage, also got to meet the Shadows in the VIP room ;)

yes I am also very happy that I got to see them together! you are lucky you got to meet them. I live in Denmark, and that's where I saw them :smt023

Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:21 pm

Elvisgirl wrote:
california boy wrote:
Elvisgirl wrote:
Lucio

yes I am also very happy that I got to see them together! you are lucky you got to meet them. I live in Denmark, and that's where I saw them :smt023

I also saw them here in the UK

Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:05 pm

trouble_jw wrote:
Elvisgirl wrote:
california boy wrote:
Elvisgirl wrote:
Lucio

I also saw them here in the UK

that's great you saw them too :smt023 :smt006

Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:17 am

Paul wrote:He is a very sad and desperate man isn't he :roll:

If you consider a highly successful and healthy man that 'loves his life' (his own quote) sad and desperate, well, he probably is.
karlos wrote:np/ n yvw Tony - wondering why Cliff would love ta do a duets album now esp its nearing xmas - he seems to get some thing out during this season evry year - Its a very bad idea if he does get to do it - for one - I wont be going to stores to get a copy - I have made up my mind - he seems to try and get a new cd or song out evry xmas and we dont hear from him all year - - ha ha ha - well thats my own opinion - ''This Elvis fan wont be rushn out ta stores to get Cliffs new cd or single - sorry to say - ::rocks

Obviously you don't know what you're talking about at all. Cliff has released 3 CD's (Reunited, Bold As Brass and Soulicious) the last years, not a single one of them released at Christmas. If you want to write at a messageboard at least try to tell the truth.
karlos wrote:he may be Charlie a fan of King Creole -
- but in my own opinion - Good Time Charlie ,- In sevral years I have noticed and heard that he never seemd to say any thing grt about Elvis during his interviews -n tv appearances on various Morning Shows etc - here in GB - He just says that he tried to emulate The King - ''Why emulate I ask'' - He should be him self - Now I know why he has survived in pop music - As for Duets Cd - I just hope it doesnt get released - - Ok - he seems to just get back in charts on every xmas time -Just once a year - Just Like Santa - Tryn ta get a No1 Spot - Lol -

What???! I have watched a lot of shows with Sir Cliff and he very often mentions Elvis and always in a very flattering way. When I watched his show with The Shadows in Oslo a couple of years ago he did an Elvis-tribute. Also in his biography he speaks highly of Elvis. I can't think of any other entertainer who talks so often and positive about Elvis as Cliff. It would be very interesting to hear where you heard Cliff talk bad about Elvis...because it is simply not true. Again, don't tell lies.
Last edited by Xaykev on Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:44 am

Almost everytime he's interviewed he brings up Elvis in the conversation and he is Always positive. Furthermore, one only has to google him and everyone can see that this man has had an outstanding career with many records he still holds. He doesn't have to prove anything to anyone anymore.
Besides that he's a very nice gentleman, I once saw him sitting in a Hilton reception area drinking a cup of tea and shook hands with the man, he was a very nice man to meet. No big ego, no entourage, very down to earth.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:01 pm

Brian

That's because 95% of Cliff fans are also Elvis fans. Yet most Elvis fans aren't Cliff fans lol.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:35 pm

No one can knock Cliffs success, not many have come through the rock'n'roll life style as phyically fit and well balanced as him. He had the first all British rock'n'roll song in 1958 with a record that still sounds fresh today 'Move It'. Tommy Steel was our first home grown Elvis in 1956, but with covers of American hits such as 'Singing The Blues' and my own favourite by him 'Rock With The Caveman'.

Such a shame that Cliff never got to meet his idol. I felt sorry for him in 1959 when he knocked on Elvis's door in Germany only to be told that he was out, you could plainly see the look of dissapointment on his face.

However, I am not in favour the duets album, prefering to leave songs as originally recorded, even though I do acknowledge that it could bring some good publicity.
Last edited by Chris Roberts on Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:46 pm

It would be best for the world if Cliff retiered himself