Post here your Elvis' pictures

Where's Elvis ?

Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:52 am

Pretty easy really...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Where's Elvis ?

Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:08 am

I found him! I found him!

Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:09 am

Okay - Where's George ? lol

Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:10 am

I found him, too!!!

Actually saw his mug before I found Elvis.

Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:02 am

What a group!
3 guys outta da bunch manage's a smile
Going by just looks alone i believe some of these dudes should not have access to loaded weapons!

Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:47 pm

What possesses you, Elton, to make such dire comments on this group of people about whom you know next to nothing? A photo only has to appear on this forum for someone to jump up and start trashing.

Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:02 pm

found him..yea, was pretty easy

Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:02 pm

chris j wrote:What possesses you, Elton, to make such dire comments on this group of people about whom you know next to nothing? A photo only has to appear on this forum for someone to jump up and start trashing.

don't have a cow man

Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:29 am

Elvisgirl wrote:
chris j wrote:What possesses you, Elton, to make such dire comments on this group of people about whom you know next to nothing? A photo only has to appear on this forum for someone to jump up and start trashing.

don't have a cow man

What heck that means, Elvisgirl?

Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:32 am

Francesc wrote:
Elvisgirl wrote:

don't have a cow man

What heck that means, Elvisgirl?

This is what it means: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don't_have_a_cow

In fact, it's expressed exactly as Bart Simpson said it.

rjm

Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:52 am

got it from Bart ;) :smt006

Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:07 am

Elvisgirl wrote:got it from Bart ;) :smt006

hahahaah ok.

Thanks also to rjm for the link

Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:12 am

Francesc wrote:
Elvisgirl wrote:got it from Bart ;) :smt006

hahahaah ok.

Thanks also to rjm for the link

You're welcome! :smt006

rjm

Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:53 am

I've never seen so many big ears in my life!

Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:36 am

Ah, you are close Chris, not only do i know next to nothing about the guys,but i really know nothing at all about them!
I wasn't trashing the pic only commenting on the fact no one in the photos seem happy or smiling,as far as not wanting to be around some of them with loaded guns That still rings true.
Sorry if upset you,really meant no harm.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:57 pm

I didn't know Elvis was in the Civil War!! :D

Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:58 am

Wonderful upload, not sure if I've seen it before. The ROTC Club photo appeared here:

510600_Humes Herald.JPG
Herald, 1951
Humes High School, Memphis, TN yearbook

I wonder how many of these boys are still with us today, 61 years later? Those who survive, like George Klein, are now about 77 years old.

501100_Humes High ROTC_uncropped.JPG
'A' Company, Second Platoon, Humes High ROTC program in full dress uniform - November 1950
Uncropped image; Elvis Presley, third row, sixth from left, George Klein, back row, fourth from right.
Biographer Alanna Nash writes that Elvis wore the uniform all the time at school that sophomore year.
Looking in one of the school windows, one may note it is about 12:55pm!

That uncropped image sold on eBay this past September, with a possible date of November 1950 listed on the back.

501100_Humes High ROTC_uncropped_BACK.JPG

Also, here is a detail shot of the image. Elvis obviously loved the uniform, look at his bad-ass expression.

501100_ROTC_DETAIL.jpg
Elvis Presley, bottom left, George Klein, top right

This photo was probably taken in the same period:

501100_at Lauderdale Courts_ROTC uniform.JPG
Elvis, outside Lauderdale Courts, Memphis, TN - circa November 1950
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:40 am

Check out the window above Klein's head and over one for the clock on the wall showing 12:55pm.

501100_Humes High ROTC.JPG
'A' Company, Second Platoon, Humes High ROTC program in full dress uniform - November 1950
Cropped image; Elvis Presley, third row, sixth from left, George Klein, back row, fourth from right.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:48 pm

Well spotted Doc.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:07 am

ArtyMorty wrote:Well spotted Doc.

Thanks. It's just part of what I do!

Do you have the uncropped photo?

Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:55 pm

Nope....:0(

Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:35 pm

If the group photo was taken in 1950, that puts Elvis at age 15... he looks older then that. Aren't you only allowed to apply for the ROTC if you're 18 years old?