Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Fort Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce - unedited master

Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:33 pm

I have it on an old cassette tape, crap quality taken from a wellworn acetate and transferred at low signal. Does anyone know where I might find a better transfer, I haven´t seen any bootleg with it.

Re: Fort Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce - unedited master

Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:37 pm

drghanem wrote:I have it on an old cassette tape, crap quality taken from a wellworn acetate and transferred at low signal. Does anyone know where I might find a better transfer, I haven´t seen any bootleg with it.

I have the same as you. Longer intro and fade out. Although it's hardly an 'important' song, things like this should have been included on the FTD release, along with the unedited "Wolf call" and the unedited "I've got to find my baby".
FORT LAUDERDALE.jpg

In the Philippenes, "Fort Lauderdale" was even issued as a promo single!! :shock:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:49 pm

My dream would be for Ernst and Roger to release all those unedited movie-acetates and etc on a FTD a´la Out In Hollywood. I also hope they get around of doing a classic album release of Speedway (with the extra added inclusion of the Stay Away, Joe soundtrack) plus of course outtakes of the SAJ-material. Can´t wait for the Going Home-sessions in glorious sound, "I go on golden time in three minutes..."

Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:22 pm

It's true that it's hardly an important song, but it is a pleasant one nonetheless. The words make little sense outside of the movie, of course, but why we haven't had the unedited version officially is a little strange.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:45 pm

Tony.. wrote:
drghanem wrote:I have it on an old cassette tape, crap quality taken from a wellworn acetate and transferred at low signal. Does anyone know where I might find a better transfer, I haven´t seen any bootleg with it.

I have the same as you. Longer intro and fade out. Although it's hardly an 'important' song, things like this should have been included on the FTD release, along with the unedited "Wolf call" and the unedited "I've got to find my baby".
FORT LAUDERDALE.jpg

In the Philippenes, "Fort Lauderdale" was even issued as a promo single!! :shock:

Tony, I have it too, but it is more than just a longer intro and fade out.
Elvis' vocals of one verse plus one bridge was completely edited out of the master.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:20 pm

You're probably right, but it's ages since I've listened to that tape.

Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:10 pm

Can you upload this cut?

The extra :50 seconds may provide great joy to those who have not heard the missing verse.

poormadpeter wrote:It's true that it's hardly an important song, but it is a pleasant one nonetheless. The words make little sense outside of the movie, of course, but why we haven't had the unedited version officially is a little strange.

Not at all. No session tape or accessible acetate = no official release.

Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:37 pm

I considered uploading it on youtube yesterday, got home and listened to the tape and just went , "who wants to hear this low-fi???, I´ll get whooped for the bad-quality!".
The song is barely audible on my cassettecopy.
Judging from what I hear though, the edited parts are one extra refrain plus longer fade. Presley phrases the words on that extra refrain somewhat differently too. You know the line ".....will automaticly land in jail...." is phrased like this, "....will automa-ti-cally land in jail...". I was always weak for this song, he sings the corny lyrics so beautifully, make me want to find some girl to sing it to myself...

Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:09 pm

Wasn't this song released on the "From the bottom of my heart" bootleg?

Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:50 pm

javilu wrote:Wasn't this song released on the "From the bottom of my heart" bootleg?

Or "From the heart of my bottom" as I jokingly call it!! No. "I've got to find my baby" was on vol 1 and "Wolf call" on volume 2. BOTH are longer, unedited versions and BOTH remain unreleased officially, EVEN on a so called collectors' label. :twisted: :twisted:

Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:29 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:

Can you upload this cut?

The extra :50 seconds may provide great joy to those who have not heard the missing verse.

That would be really nice for I've never heard it before.
I know the unedited version of "I've Got To Find My Baby" and the unedited alternate take of "Wolf Call" but couldn't find the unedited "Fort Lauderdale Chamber Of Commerce" so far.

It's one of my favorite Elvis movies (and in my opinion one of the most entertaining) and I really like that scene where Elvis sings it to Shelley.

Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:24 pm

Is this long version available somewhere?. I like to listen to it in spite of poor sound.

colonel snow

Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:58 pm

Me and my cousin will work on the sound on my cassette and make it listenable, if possible. It will be posted on youtube thereafter. Should be early next week as he´s away for the moment.

Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:24 pm

I'm curious

colonel snow

Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:49 pm

I found my cassette tape with this longer version on it. Also there is an alternate take backing track on it for "I've got to find my baby" with a different sax solo etc, PLUS an unreleased instrumental backing track recorded in August 1968, probably for the "Trouble with girls" soundtrack.
Unfortunately, the sound on all of this is quite poor.

Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:58 pm

Both instrumental tracks for I've got to find my baby are circulating on cassettes / CDR etc; the same for instrumental tracks of Fort Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce (take 5 & take 7).

Here a scan of an acetate.

colonel snow
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:09 pm

I read somewhere the "unedited" master of "Fort Lauderdale, Chamber Of Commerce" circulating among fans was fake (edited master over the instrumental track, or something like that).

Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:07 am

JimmyCool wrote:I read somewhere the "unedited" master of "Fort Lauderdale, Chamber Of Commerce" circulating among fans was fake (edited master over the instrumental track, or something like that).

Let's hope this one turns out untrue!

Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:03 am

JimmyCool wrote:I read somewhere the "unedited" master of "Fort Lauderdale, Chamber Of Commerce" circulating among fans was fake (edited master over the instrumental track, or something like that).

No. There is a 'remix' where a similar style backing has been added. I have had the one on cassette for (I'm guessing) at least 20 years, long before people were able to tamper, edit and change everything.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:44 am

The unedited master of wolf call on cd is worse quality than igtfmb.one sounds like it is recorded by someone with a tape player in their pocket.The other version has someone singing the wolf howl and belching while recording it. If whoever owns both acetates would sell to Sony/Ftd we would have them on a offical cd in good quality.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:56 am

It's not fake. Elvis' phrasing is different than the master. That has been pointed out before.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:31 pm

About a year ago there was on YouTube a fake extended version of Fort Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce availabe by mixing the master into the instrumental track. Meanwhile it is errased. I think now we're talking about the real unedited version according the reactions on this topic..

colonel snow

Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:59 pm

ritchie valens wrote:The unedited master of wolf call on cd is worse quality than igtfmb.one sounds like it is recorded by someone with a tape player in their pocket.The other version has someone singing the wolf howl and belching while recording it. If whoever owns both acetates would sell to Sony/Ftd we would have them on a offical cd in good quality.

It sounds like it's been recorded while someone played it through the phone.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:17 pm

In case somebody hasn't heard them before, here are the other two unedited songs. I tried to enhance the quality a little but it's an almost impossible task for me. Not sure if they have the correct tempo though (I think "I've Got To Find My Baby" runs equally fast as the edited master):

I've Got To Find My Baby (Unedited Master).wav
http://www65.zippyshare.com/v/41608573/file.html

Wolf Call (Unedited Alternate Take 3).wav
http://www65.zippyshare.com/v/55480455/file.html

Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:22 pm

drghanem please update this topic once you post this, we would love to hear it in any quality.

As Doc pointed out "No session tape or accessible acetate" There are very limited sources from this session. IIRC your version may be the missing Take 2 and should run approx. 2:25 or since being an acetate, It may very well be the Take 1 of the "Movie Version" which is about 5 min longer than the missing Take 2, making it around 57 min longer than the released Master .
Would be a delight to hear in any quality, please let us know.