Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Sir Cliff Richard Wants A 'Cliff And Elvis' Duets Album

Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:31 pm

Sir Cliff Richard has intimated that he would like to record a 'Cliff And Elvis' Duets Album. Apparently he has already got the album cover prepared and spoken to EPE but they are not keen to allow it. To hear what Sir Cliff has to say about this and other matters please go to the following URL where he is interviewed:

http://blogs.abc.net.au/wa/2012/11/sir- ... kfast.html

Personally I cannot see him ever getting permission for this but he is certainly a BIG Elvis fan to his credit.

Brian

Re: Sir Cliff Richard Wants A 'Cliff And Elvis' Duets Album

Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:43 pm

I hope it dose not come to pass

Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:51 pm

It might do well in the U.K. but it wouldn't do well anywhere else.

Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:59 pm

He is a very sad and desperate man isn't he :roll:

Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:17 pm

He is quite popular in Japan, Australia, Europe so it might give Elvis extra exposure.
However, he is at least 30 years late for a project like this.

Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:19 pm

This will only sell in the UK. Cliff is hardly known in the USA unfort.

Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:31 pm

I like Cliff, but he's now indeed a little too old for this.

EPE should give him the permission to do one song, I think a whole album is completely unnecessary.

Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:36 pm

that would be awesome! (I think ColinB will agree with me on that)

Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:51 pm

Elvisgirl wrote:that would be awesome! (I think ColinB will agree with me on that)

No thanks. Let's leave the music the way Elvis recorded and intended it.

Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:54 pm

Tony.. wrote:
Elvisgirl wrote:that would be awesome! (I think ColinB will agree with me on that)

I totally agree with ya Tony - We dont need Cliff Duets Cd - Lol

Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:54 pm

Not for me either.. I like Cliff, I like Elvis but never the twain should meet...

Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:56 pm

karlos wrote:
Tony.. wrote:

Ty for agreeing. Ty.

Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:59 pm

Tell Cliff, 'you can't always get what you want...'.

By the way bad idea.

Cliff was never as big in the US as he was over in Britain, but he did have a couple of big chart successes here. As corny as it was I always liked 'We Don't Talk Anymore', surprisingly still holds up.
Apparently the 6th video ever played on the first day of MTV...
phpBB [video]

Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:03 pm

Tony.. wrote:
karlos wrote:
Tony.. wrote:

Ty for agreeing. Ty.

np/ n yvw Tony - wondering why Cliff would love ta do a duets album now esp its nearing xmas - he seems to get some thing out during this season evry year - Its a very bad idea if he does get to do it - for one - I wont be going to stores to get a copy - I have made up my mind - he seems to try and get a new cd or song out evry xmas and we dont hear from him all year - - ha ha ha - well thats my own opinion - ''This Elvis fan wont be rushn out ta stores to get Cliffs new cd or single - sorry to say - ::rocks

Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:04 pm

I hope it will never be released; I'm not a fan of these fake duets.

colonel snow

Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:08 pm

I've heard Cliff is a big fan of the King Creole album, so I'm guessing at least one of his songs he'd like to duet on would be from that film.

Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:16 pm

Good Time Charlie wrote:I've heard Cliff is a big fan of the King Creole album, so I'm guessing at least one of his songs he'd like to duet on would be from that film.

he may be Charlie a fan of King Creole -
- but in my own opinion - Good Time Charlie ,- In sevral years I have noticed and heard that he never seemd to say any thing grt about Elvis during his interviews -n tv appearances on various Morning Shows etc - here in GB - He just says that he tried to emulate The King - ''Why emulate I ask'' - He should be him self - Now I know why he has survived in pop music - As for Duets Cd - I just hope it doesnt get released - - Ok - he seems to just get back in charts on every xmas time -Just once a year - Just Like Santa - Tryn ta get a No1 Spot - Lol -

Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:06 am

Good Time Charlie wrote:I've heard Cliff is a big fan of the King Creole album, so I'm guessing at least one of his songs he'd like to duet on would be from that film.

THAT album is sacred. PLEASE don't ruin it.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:14 am

colonel snow wrote:I hope it will never be released; I'm not a fan of these fake duets.

colonel snow

i agree

Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:57 am

YDKM wrote:
colonel snow wrote:I hope it will never be released; I'm not a fan of these fake duets.

colonel snow

i agree

And me.

Cliff is a very nice man, but his judgement is off here.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:13 am

karlos wrote:

- but in my own opinion - Good Time Charlie ,- In sevral years I have noticed and heard that he never seemd to say any thing grt about Elvis during his interviews -n tv appearances on various Morning Shows etc - here in GB - He just says that he tried to emulate The King - ''Why emulate I ask'' - He should be him self - Now I know why he has survived in pop music - As for Duets Cd - I just hope it doesnt get released - - Ok - he seems to just get back in charts on every xmas time -Just once a year - Just Like Santa - Tryn ta get a No1 Spot - Lol -

Really? Anytime I've heard Cliff talk about Elvis as a singer and artist he has been nothing short of gushing.Of course he tried to emulate Elvis, he had seen how it should be done and tried to be Britain's answer to Elvis and his success shows that he did pretty well.I'm not even a fan but credit due where credits due.

norrie

oh,and no thanks on the duet album.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:17 am

karlos wrote:

To be fair Cliff very often pays tribute to Elvis in his live shows. He sings Elvis songs,,,but... he usually changes the arrangements totally. A good example is his very slow Teddy Bear.

Does EPE have control over this . After the buy out wouldn't RCA be the one to give permission.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:23 am

KiwiAlan wrote:
karlos wrote:

To be fair Cliff very often pays tribute to Elvis in his live shows. He sings Elvis songs,,,but... he usually changes the arrangements totally. A good example is his very slow Teddy Bear.

Elvis did the same with his own songs in concert in the 70's especially the 50's material.Slow Hound Dog on occassions ,rushed Teddy Bears,Jailhouse Rock,Don't Be Cruel etc on too many occassions.

norrie

Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:41 am

Why does my name always crop up when he is mentioned ?

Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:47 am

ColinB wrote:

Why does my name always crop up when he is mentioned ?

Elvis or Cliff :?:

norrie